I need help

Krayzie

So I have the Orange Box (Half Life, Portal, Team Fortress 2) and I cant play any of them. I installed them all but it tells me something about Graphics Shader v2.0 or something like that. I have googled it, and theres places to download them. But I dont want to download them and then it be picked up as something by PB.

Is there a way to like know if it will be picked up as something disallowed by PB? Because I want to play those games, but I would much rather be able to play ET, then to be able to play those.

Any help is appreciated with whatever the hell pixel/graphics shader v2.0 or whatever it is, is. I am currently re-installing the games, so I can give a 100% statement about what its asking for.

So I have the Orange Box (Half Life, Portal, Team Fortress 2) and I cant play any of them. I installed them all but it tells me something about Graphics Shader v2.0 or something like that. I have googled it, and theres places to download them. But I dont want to download them and then it be picked up as something by PB.

Is there a way to like know if it will be picked up as something disallowed by PB? Because I want to play those games, but I would much rather be able to play ET, then to be able to play those.

Any help is appreciated with whatever the hell pixel/graphics shader v2.0 or whatever it is, is. I am currently re-installing the games, so I can give a 100% statement about what its asking for.

Yes PC specs would help

Any graphics card from the last 8 years should support up to shader v2.0 (and intergrated chipsets from the last 5 years)

It says, "Your graphics hardware must be able to support pixel shader version 1.1 or better to run this game!"

Ive looked it up and Pixel Shader v1.1 comes with Direct X 8 I believe it was. I have Direct X 9 which is Pixel shader 2 I believe.

Specs:

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1900+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.5GHz Memory: 1280MB RAM Hard Drive: 160 GB Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor Sound Card: NVIDIA® nForce Audio Speakers/Headphones: Gametronics headphones Keyboard: USB Root Hub Mouse: USB Root Hub Mouse Surface: Wood Desk Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036) Motherboard:

Computer Case: Junk Case

mx 440 is from 2002 ^^ coold be a problem .

maybe update newest driver from nv .

But i guess you need a new video card they dont have to be expensive and your et will improve to 64 mem is a bit low on a graffic card even for et .

I guess I am stuck to ET and AOEIII until I can get enough money to buy a new video card/computer. :P

Thank you guys for your help.

I guess I am stuck to ET and AOEIII until I can get enough money to buy a new video card/computer. :P

Thank you guys for your help.

Surely someone has an old (to them) graphics card Krayzie can use. I have an old one in a box somewhere (GeForce 4 I think).

This guy sends us money to support the clan, when he could have bought a newish graphics card on craigslist or Ebay with the same money. So someone can mail him their old card they just upgraded from.

Krayzie do you have AGP port on your motherboard? There are lots of now-obsolete AGP cards out there that would be a huge improvement.

Thanks.

How can you tell what type it is?

My motherboard is a Asus ASB100.

Everything that I have read states that the Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 is an AGP card, so I assume that means my motherboards slot is for an AGP card?

Surely someone has an old (to them) graphics card Krayzie can use. I have an old one in a box somewhere (GeForce 4 I think).

This guy sends us money to support the clan, when he could have bought a newish graphics card on craigslist or Ebay with the same money. So someone can mail him their old card they just upgraded from.

Krayzie do you have AGP port on your motherboard? There are lots of now-obsolete AGP cards out there that would be a huge improvement.

Thanks.

Anyone still have their AGP video cards? Even with the card I think you might have a hard time playing some of the games on Orange Box because of the processor.

My uncle use to have a P4 2.4 GHz 7600GT 1GB DDR1 RAM and TF2 was at unplayable FPS on lowest possible settings with tweaking and it took 10 mins to load.

Portal seemed to be the only game that ran okay on it until you reached the last boss and then the whole thing would go at 8 fps (but it was high settings). Half Life 2 ran pretty good (but then again it runs decent on everything =D).

Actually I am not sure if it is the video cards fault or the processors lol. It was too long ago =P

EDIT: I forgot who but wasn't there an FA member who got an AGP card and said it worked pretty good even on COD4 and BC. Millani or someone?

EDIT: I forgot who but wasn't there an FA member who got an AGP card and said it worked pretty good even on COD4. Millani or someone?

I think that was me, with Radeon HD4650.

I still have my old GeForce FX 5200 around if it would be of any help (not sure how much of an improvement that card is)?

I was looking at the specs, but they looked relativly equal, except like mine had a higher ghz rate I believe. Im not to sure. Not good with this stuff. ;\

long story short

the shader software is like directX -- not anything that PB should care about. if you can download something for your graphics card to make it support t3h shader, do it. if not, you are SOL until you can get a better card..

.. although from the looks of it you might not have many options on that front. good news is, an AGP card is pretty cheap these days - you should be able to find the best AGP card available on newegg or tigerdirect or something for less than $50.