F!A game files somewhere

once was

HI

i would like to make some videos with my demos but they all have pumpkin heads, Santa mortars, and star wars end music(not so bad:)

i have to run et as administrator, but if i don't the game loads with F!A server selections on the splash page.

i am using the wolf et install 2.60b custom installer i got off of splash damages web site. was this made by F!A? is that why my demos are showing mods that were not there when they were taken 2007-09-26-et beach

i looked around the forums here and found a link for revo uninstaler and used that to clean all files including the registry of all things et and did a fresh install. but the mod effects are still there.

i'm asking F!A since it's your server links on the non-admin run of the game

thanks

If you want to make videos, you should install a new et to somewhere separate. Then install only the core mod.

Then you can drag any maps to that ET.

I would also suggest not connecting to any servers with your "video-making ET".

Then basically you drag your demos to your new ET and you are good to go with a Fresh ET.

• Clan Friend

HI

i would like to make some videos with my demos but they all have pumpkin heads, Santa mortars, and star wars end music(not so bad:)

you must have some custom .pk3 file in your etmain folder you downloladed somewhere, maybe try the pk3 cleaner?

• Like 5

you must have some custom .pk3 file in your etmain folder you downloladed somewhere, maybe try the pk3 cleaner?

ok, thanks. there was indeed a pumpkin head folder and two other files with pumpkin names. the effect is gone now. i can deal with santa mortars and imperial march theme music.

• Leader

HI

The first two sound like two custom pk3s that used to be on another clan's servers at Halloween and Christmas.   :)

When I first tried to replay demos, I saw much, much worse than that.  I saw a phantasmorgia of  the pumpkin heads, the flying Santas, along medics in black miniskirts with big-hair blonde heads, and much much more!  

Depending on the custom pk3 load-orders, there can be a wild mixture of skins and textures.  That is, if the pumpkin head file loaded before the blonde medic file then the blonde medic would not have a pumpkin head.  She might have a heart-icon or a skull-icon over her head from another file.  Her revive-needle could look like Sir Lancelot's tournament lance or a bunny rabbit.  

If you have played on many servers since the "2007-09-26-et beach" file was generated, then you will probably have many custom files.  You won't normally see them when you play ET unless the server "calls" them.  When the demos are run, it seems that every pk3 file is loaded from the mod and from etmain, since ET does not know which should be invoked and which ignored. :D

The quickest fix is that mentioned by Sunlight and D..X.

Personally, I would try to move them elsewhere to save them for who-knows-when.  (That is why my computer-system, my back-up systems and my house look the way they do. :) )

Ack!  I spent too much typing and was "beaten to the post" 

• Like 2