Air Malaysia MH17 shot down final report

Night Hunter

561cf268c461882a4e8b45fd.jpg

The Dutch Safety Board says a BUK missile with a 3N314M warhead was responsible for downing MH17. It also noted that Ukrainian aviation regulators admitted that arms were being in the east of Ukraine which were capable of striking passenger aircraft.

"In the months before the crash, at least 16 military airplanes and helicopters were shot down in the eastern part of Ukraine. Ukrainian authorities were aware of this. They stated that, occasionally, weapon systems were used that could reach the cruising altitude of civil airliners. Yet, despite of all this, Ukraine did not close its airspace," said Tjibbe Joustra, the Dutch Safety Board chairman.

The announcement at an airbase in Gilze Rijen in the Netherlands mentioned that civil aviation aircraft should not have been allowed to fly over the east of Ukraine, due to the risk of a plane being struck.

Tjibbe Joustra, the Dutch Safety Board chairman stated that there were more than enough reasons to close the airspace of eastern Ukraine and that Kiev should have taken these steps.

Dutch Safety Board simulates MH17 being hit by BUK missile

#MH17: The Dutch Safety Board publishes final report after fifteen months of investigation  full report

Posted by RT Play on Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"It is clear that Ukraine already had sufficient reason to close the airspace over the eastern part of Ukraine as a precaution before 17 July 2014. None of the parties involved recognized the risk posed to overflying civil aircraft by the armed conflict in the eastern part of Ukraine," a press release from the Dutch Safety Board stated.

No such precautions were taken and 160 different commercial aircraft were flying along the same corridor from which MH17 was downed.

160 flights operated in the area at the day of the crash – Dutch Safety Board https://t.co/v6frE4HYSL pic.twitter.com/YbDA2iBvPd

— RT (@RT_com) October 13, 2015

Immediately after the tragic accident took place, airspace over the region was closed.

The Dutch Safety Board also mentioned that they have been unable to determine who was in control of the particular area where the BUK missile was fired from. They added that the warhead was detonated from somewhere within a 320 sq km area in the east of Ukraine.

Dutch probe: Russian comments on #MH17 investigation were helpful and adopted in report http://t.co/JFCE1FaT4b  pic.twitter.com/5haxKRzvUj

— RT (@RT_com) October 13, 2015

However, they did agree that it was a 9N314M warhead launched by a BUK surface-to-air missile was responsible for downing the Malaysia Airlines plane.

It detonated to the left and above the cockpit and the forward section of the aircraft was penetrated by hundreds of high energy objects, which came from the warhead. This caused the airplane to breakup immediately and wreckage was distributed over an area of 50 sq km.

Source https://www.rt.com

My condolences to the familys of the passengers of the MH17

EDIT: this topic will be managed by the news reporter any spam regarding incoherences will be reported to the staff++ and in some cases the topic will be locked...

edit 2 links comprobation test.

Edited by Panth3r

Heres the complete report in format pdf special thanks to @berlinerbol for providing link

http://cdn.onderzoeksraad.nl/documents/report-mh17-crash-en.pdf

It's good to see that people will be able to have some closure. This kind of accident/causality of war should not be allowed to happen again.

Now, I must say. RT is considered one of the world's least reliable news sources. I only recently discovered this, as I had read some of (what I thought to be) well written RT stories. Only to discover that it's all propagandized. :/
Of course, most people will probably be more concerned over who launched the Russian missile... :| *sigh*

A lot of controversy about this incident, even an investigator was taken out of the investigation becouse he gave a lecture to forensic science students about the research that was being done. I could have attended this lecture if I had still studied forensic sciences and definitly would have, but alas my study plan had me stop that course due to difficulty and motivation. Still a shame, according to some of my former classmates it was a very interesting lectue, although it included some graphic images.

Theres a lot that can be said, but if someone asks me who did it I said it was the Ukrainian government to blame the separatists. Or they did it by mistake wich could prove their uncontrollable regular army. I dont really trust the Ukrainian government anyway, is there because of an autentically coup d'état.