sniper league

mafia

Hey everyone,

I'm about to start up a sniper league soon. You guys are undoubtedly the most successful clan I've ever seen so I'd sincerely be honored if you guys joined in the competition. I know I don't exactly have the best track record but I'm really hoping I can turn things round with this league.

About this league, it's called ET Brawl, it's a simple 3v3 sniper league where the team with highest frags wins. The matches are going to be played on both EU and US servers, on etpub and compatible on both .6 and .5. (I don't like to discriminate!) This league is strictly small time and just for fun, nothing special. About the competition, for now, all I know is dP clan is interested.

I don't have a sponsor, nor am I looking for one. I'm happy to just pay for the servers myself. Unfortunately this means there's no prize for the winner BUT this may change!

I didn't know if you guys would let me post up a url to my site so I didn't, but please let me know if you guys are in any way interested in this so I can put up a link. My xfire is harbingerofet, but I will check your forums frequently and thanks for your time. I would truly love it if you guys joined.

-mafia

xfire: harbingerofet

PS Just to get it out of the way, I feel I'm obliged to let you guys know that I am a BeL member. However, this league is completely independent of BeL, nor is it ran in association with BeL.

PPS Mad props to the facebook thing, truly sick!! but... you're not going to stalk me are you?? :P

They're all sniper maps, for example:

ae_sniper_challenge

sniper_lake_b2_te

and a few others by UJE

There's no restriction to teams, you can form your own team with a couple of friends regardless of what clan you or they are in.

btw nice signature there hobbit... i love that wing

Kronos is a bad sniper from far away, hes only good up close when he does that gay high sense thing.

Changing your pitch sens for close range shooting does mess up your long range shot. Just my opinion and I've told Kronos this. I never recommend messing with pitch.

As far as this competition thing goes, I am a frag sniper and play best on etpro competition style maps (fuel,battery,radar,oasis,etc) helping clear paths of attack or on defense covering objectives (and points of attack). I would visit sniper map servers on occasion but am not nearly as familiar with them (ie angles, spots, fields of fire, command map, etc) to be as effective. Toss in that it will be played on etpub not etpro and my interest is even lower. While I played on the original sniper map server (AE's etpro), I never really got into it and found the whole thing good for warmup before a match, but for anything else, just a novelty. Actually got better practice on a trick jump map that had a sniper range with moving targets. In the end, I'd rather be decimating an enemy, killing a charging med, FO, and eng instead of playing duck,shoot,duck across a large map while falling asleep waiting for an idiot to stick his head up for the kill..

If Van is there though, I might be tempted. Someone post a link.

oh hey, it's the legend himself.

i know exactly what kind of sniping you're talking about, but unfortunately it's not easy to make a competition based on that.

I wanted the competition to be on a .6b and .55 compatible mod so i can include ppl. However, that mod does not go well with etpro so I opted for etpub instead. However, this might change if ppl feel strongly against it, I might just change it to .6b etpro.

As for a link, www.etbrawl.tk