Football 2015-2016

Burn

Now you see, I don't agree with your highlighted teams.  I, and probably many others, don't really consider them full, realistic title challengers. They're better than others in their leagues, but title challengers, not so sure. Granted, I put in a few for the EPL that weren't realistic challengers as well (Swansea, Southampton, Everton)...but I still consider there to be 5-6 realistic challengers for the title in the EPL, I'm comparison to other leagues were there are generally 2-3 teams.

Well considering his picks, there's some truth in it, lets get to the point.

My realistic prediction for running championship title are similiar to his tho:

Spain: Barca - Real - Atletico Madrid ( Sevilla and Valencia are both strong teams, but they canno't compete for the title as they normally sell their best players after each season, specially Sevilla)

France: PSG - Lyon - Monaco - Marseille - Lile (Somehow i don't really see anyone treating PSG, yeh Lyon has been performing good this year and Monaco has a strong team, but they re some points off the level that could achive the title)

Italy: Juve - AS Roma - Lazio - Napoli - Inter - Milan AC (In my opinion i would give the most benefits for the title apart of Juve to Napoli and Roma, both have strong squads and can be a good challenge till the end for the title, as for Lazio Inter and Milan, they re off the steady form through season to be a treat for the title, yeh they can surely win the games against all the 3 mentioned teams for titles but at end they will lack quality for winning the title)

Germany: B München - Wolfsburg - Borussia Dortmund  - M'Gladbach - B. Leverkusen - Schalke 04 (For serious challange at this point i only see Wolfsburg, who already proved at super cup that they can stand up to Bayern and as well did last season, regardless of defeats they gained, they were still doing quite well considering the team they had, apart of that i only see Schalke giving any kind of challenge at the title and even that is similiar to the Milan/Inter/Lazio story, they have some quality but not enough to keep it up for entire season. This year will be an interesting battle between Wolfsburg and Bayern, tho i still don't see anyone overcome Bayern)

As for the EPL, the realistic two teams i consider running up for title are only Man City and Chelsea, other teams are all decent and all, but they just lack that constant quality through the season to keep it up with points for the top, Arsenal has always been up at top 3-5 but missing those crucial couple of points to actually win the title, still neverless, a single mistake or two by slipping some points can easily turn out a different title winner at end. Man United has been off since Ferguson stopped coaching them, this year they got some quality signings but still lack a proper CB to keep the defence strong, they wanted Ramos, but that wont happen and now the best chance they would have is with Otamendi from Valencia.

Yeah, usually it's all about who got the most money and then this team wins the league. I wonder how it worked over the past, especially in Spain where actually only FCB or RMD are the title winners. Yet in Germany it's the case that every year there are 1-2 teams that aren't that good or have that much money but surprise with their ranking (last year probably Augsburg, they play European League this year). Also Schalke isn't that good anymore, they fell from rank to rank since years now. Also don't know if Gladbach will be able to establish theirselves in the UCL. The Supercup from a few days ago showed that Bayern is not the mighty Champion anymore since Guardiola is coaching. There are teams that can do better. The only thing is that Bayern got - next to a brilliant and very high valued first 11 - another like 5-8 players that each is worth millions of €. So they might be able to persevere longer. We just have to hope that another Team will have better fitness and endurance over the season.

/JoNny

Guardiola doesn't fit to Bayern, reason they got smacked twice against Real and Barca in CL, since as soon as they get decent oppo they re worthless, Bayern does not have players to play tica-taka like Barca has, no Messi or Iniesta there to do all creativity at midfield. They just need some german coach, who will work on their strenght, as Bayern did before Guardiola time, when they won CL.

I wouldn't like to see Pedro anywhere,stay in Barca you semi skilled player

Sevilla has a great team,i watched them a lot last year,and damn they play good,every pass,movement is attacking,its not boring watching them at all,really great team,Valencia is not that good anymore...German teams other that the top 4 are all "mehh",as are Italian teams sadly

Its fun to follow Budnes for me,mainly because of the betting,they never fail. And the mid-table battle is a good one.

I hope that UCL isn't boring this year like the last one,UEL was wayy more attractive to watch last year...

Oh,and Vojvodina destroyed Sapmdoria 4-0,whats up with that :D

Well for me Pedro was never a thing, he can score some goals, but who can't having Messi passing u balls for only a touch to hit the goal.. As for Sevilla, they re my favorites after Real as they were always a decent team and some of the best players are from there (Ramos, Rakitič, Dani Alves, Jesus Navas, Alvaro Negredo..). Even after selling them, they yet remain a quality team and keep the titles coming in, regardless of normally selling best players after end of season. They are dominating last couple of Europa League easily and don't really have much competition there, will be interesting to see them this year playing CL. Valencia is so so, they can play decently, specially now that they re financially stable by some sheik buying off the club, so they have some quality players bought last season and can perform quite well, will be good to see them playing this year.

Well Vojvodian is from Serbia, therefore balkan power to rule :D

this year they are trying to hire Angel Di Maria

The deal is nearly finished anyway and are just off some paperwork before completing the offer, tho Man United has lost quite some cash on the transfer.

Over this past season, there was only really 1 team that was capable of winning the title, and that they did...which was Chelsea, granted. But the season before, Liverpool were fighting for the title and only failed after they 'slipped' up. The year before, Liverpool finished 7th, below the European qualifying standards. The 2011-2012 season before that, Newcastle beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton in terms of position, with Tottenham gaining the final Champions league position.

My point is, the EPL is a much harder to predict league, as any team can slip up. If you were to ask me to place a bet on who I think is going to win the EPL this season coming...I wouldn't know who to choose. If you asked me to do the same thing, with the Bundesliga/Ligue 1/Serie A, I would probably place some safe bets. Last time someone other than Bayern or BVB won the Bundesliga was 8 years ago in the 2008/09 season when Wolfsburg won (with Bayern finishing second). As for BBVA, it is generally a 2-3 horse race. I'd be willing to bet that either Barca or RM will win it this year, although AM will give them a run for their money. 

Also Suarez, one of the best players in the world, has stated that the EPL is the best league in the world, due to it being the toughest. Having to play 38 games on the trot, with no winter break, as well as FA cup games, Capital One cup games, and European games, the players have to be fitter and stronger than players from other leagues in my opinion. This is partly the reason, in my opinion, that English teams don't do so well in European games. Players are probably knackered and struggling to keep tempo with so many games, training regimes, as well as weather conditions here, which don't help. 

Its true that EPL is harder league to predict in terms of outcoming winner for the title, but in international success they re nowhere near top and can be visible from titltes won in last decade where Premiera Division is ruling since a while, Barca and Real have no competitiors in this way, while Sevilla didn't have any serious treat in Europa League. The EPL is indeed harder to play through season as they do not have any break and the general schedule is quite harder, as many teams posses serious challange for the top tier teams to even get out 3 points, which at end does matter for CL games but still a simple rotating with players should fix that for any decent manager. At the end, they can only throw this as an excuse that they weren't able to perform as good, but whoever watches CL maches, u will see that the quality gap was bigger than any manager claims to be, a good example was last year Chelsea vs PSG, where even without Ibra, they weren't able to win the game and actually dropped out from a mid ranged team, so i won't even mention what would happen if they were to play Bayern, Real or Barca.

• Like 1

But the season before, Liverpool were fighting for the title and only failed after they 'slipped' up. 

I see what you did there :D As I'm really not a Liverpool fan,i have to admit it was fun watching Gerrard(especially him,the club legend) literally slip the title away :D

Guardiola doesn't fit to Bayern, reason they got smacked twice against Real and Barca in CL, since as soon as they get decent oppo they re worthless, Bayern does not have players to play tica-taka like Barca has, no Messi or Iniesta there to do all creativity at midfield. They just need some german coach, who will work on their strenght, as Bayern did before Guardiola time, when they won CL.

Well Vojvodian is from Serbia, therefore balkan power to rule :D

They(Bayern)should not have replaced that previous coach that brought them Triple Crown,i forgot his name.I don't know what was their thinking getting a coach that has a lot different way...

Yeah,so sad about Red Star,and the situation the club is in,hope that Balkan clubs will rise again one day :D

I see what you did there :D As I'm really not a Liverpool fan,i have to admit it was fun watching Gerrard(especially him,the club legend) literally slip the title away :D

They(Bayern)should not have replaced that previous coach that brought them Triple Crown,i forgot his name.I don't know what was their thinking getting a coach that has a lot different way...

Yeah,so sad about Red Star,and the situation the club is in,hope that Balkan clubs will rise again one day :D

His name was Jupp Heynckes.

On 4 June 2013, Heynckes announced he would not coach a team during the 2013–14 season.On 21 June, in an interview with Der Spiegel, Heynckes said: "After everything that's happened over the past two years, I'm ready for some peace and quiet. After this string of successes, I could transfer to just about any club in Europe. I have a problem with the finality of saying 'never'. But I can assure you that I have no intention of coaching again. I had a worthy ending

Pretty much sums it up, ending his coaching carrier by winning tripple crown, can't go off better way i assume, giving the fact that Guardiola was a hot coach at that time, winning what was there even possible to be won with Barca, nearly every club wanted him, but realizing the fact that Bayern is running completely different than Barca is, obviously doesn't make Bayern being as successful as Barca was.

• Like 1

I actually think Guardiola should continue for 1 more season, after this, then leave Bayern. And I think he should move to United after. Reason is, his philosophy is all about quick passing. For that, you need the possession of the ball. LvG philosophy is all about maintaining possession of the ball. I think he'd do well coming in straight after and developing on LvG philosophy and creating a similar but more developed brand of football. 

I actually think Guardiola should continue for 1 more season, after this, then leave Bayern. And I think he should move to United after. Reason is, his philosophy is all about quick passing. For that, you need the possession of the ball. LvG philosophy is all about maintaining possession of the ball. I think he'd do well coming in straight after and developing on LvG philosophy and creating a similar but more developed brand of football. 

I dont know how would that do in England football.How could the team adapt,Guardiola should train them for at least 3 years before they pick up what he's trying to teach,the difference is just too big

I think EPL is by far the most competitive league where you have many teams who could give a title fight. In the German, Italian and Spanish leagues, you know it is just 1-2 teams who will always come on top...

sure... :rolleyes:

England - United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton....(Southampton, Swansea are getting better now too)...

delusional much?..there's only 2-3 contenders...Chelsea & City..and MABY ManU..others..as i sayd..DELUSIONAL.

You EPL fanboys do crack me up :D.

Fenerbahçe <3

Qarabağ <3 

Novi Pazar <3 

Neftci PFK  <3 

Novi Pazar beat Partizan 3:2 few days ago :D Though Partizan had a 2nd formation team because the coach wanted to rest players for UEL vs Steua.With all the main players,i think that Partizan should walk trough the Serbian league without a problem,they have a really strong team comparing to others.

• Like 1

sure... :rolleyes:

delusional much?..there's only 2-3 contenders...Chelsea & City..and MABY ManU..others..as i sayd..DELUSIONAL.

You EPL fanboys do crack me up :D.

Lol, name the contenders in the Bundesliga then? And Ligue 1? La Liga?

Bundesliga: Since the year 2000, Bayern have won it 10 times, out of a possible 15. BVB won another 3. The other 2 were won by one off teams that hadn't won it for years.

Ligue 1: Since the year 2000, Lyon and PSG (the 2 teams I consider title challengers), have won it 10 times out of a possible 15, Lyon winning it 6 times in a row at one point, and PSG have just finished it for their third year in a row. 

La Liga: Since the year 2000, Barca and RM have won the league 12 times out of a possible 15. The two main title challengers if you ask me, with Athletico pushing them.

EPL: Since the year 2000, United are the only team to have won the title over 5 times. And according to you, they "MAYB" challengers. They are also the only team since the year 2000, to have won the title back to back. More competition within the league. You consider one of the 2 teams title challengers, that have literally just lost to a major rival that you DON'T consider challengers? It looks to me you're the more delusional one if you ask me...

Now now,please keep it nice :) 
As for my opinion,i do agree that EPL is the most unpredictable one,since every team can beat almost every team,you can never know for sure,except maybe with chelsea because of the bus tactics,and i'm not a EPL "fanboy",i watch them all from a neutral stand :D

Edit: I also agree with Evolution that there are only 2-3 contenders for EPL,but other teams are capable of giving a good resistance in the games,that's why i back my statement that EPL is the most unpredictable,every game is,not the entire league positions :D

Edited by Burn

Just look at the stats. In the EPL for the past 5 years. No team has finished in the same position, as the previous year. 3 different teams have won the title in the past 5 years. 4 different teams have finished in 2nd place/runners up. 5 different teams have finished in the top 3. In my opinion that makes it as though there are 5 teams realistic of challenging/having challenged for the title. 

• Like 1

Tbh, however it might seem, I always look at Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool as title contenders. Yes previous season might indicate otherwise but in EPL every season is different. It is very difficult for 1 or 2 teams to dominate completely. While realistically you cant expect teams like Tottenham or Everton or even Swansea to win the league, you never know in EPL. You cant however say the same about other leagues where you don't have more than 2-3 teams who are, most often than not, the title contenders.

• Like 1

Just look at the stats. In the EPL for the past 5 years. No team has finished in the same position, as the previous year. 3 different teams have won the title in the past 5 years. 4 different teams have finished in 2nd place/runners up. 5 different teams have finished in the top 3. In my opinion that makes it as though there are 5 teams realistic of challenging/having challenged for the title. 

3 different teams have won the EPL in the last 11 seasons..ManU(5),Chelsea(4),City(2)...Arsenal,Pool,Spuds can make some waves but they are not title contenders. :)

Hell..only 5 different teams have won the league since the EPL era started..

• Like 1

Chelsea played 2-2 vs Swansea,and Arsenal lost from West Ham :o

Not exactly the dream start :D

Don't know why Alexis was at bench for the first 67min, considering he performed so well during Cup with Chile, they even played at home and yet managed to lose.

Sorry but still laughing at the red card Courtois got and the milion of trolls rolling over inets for Cech transfer. I guess it will take them couple of rounds to kick the teamwork on, but the quality of Chelsea should still win games like that, after all points like those are the end result on the border score when the season is finished.

Wasn't really impressed over ManU as well, the teamwork still has to kick in to get some potencial nice games out.