COD4 Beginners Map Rotation

daredevil

Only if you don't know how to play the map :)

Same with Wet work, just got to know how to play it.  All maps end up being dominated by one team...kind of the point to winning.  I think it is just time for a new rotation is all and it looks like it is being worked...so happy times again...until about mid to late January we will see this discussion again.

I think the issue lies within the fact that it's not so much the losing team being dominated, so much as them being completely spanked, if you catch my drift. With our current group of stackers on the server most nights, it kind of makes maps like Creek, and Wetwork a little reluctant to throw into the rotation. 

Map rotation updated. New rotation:

Ambush, Winter Crash, Crossfire, Strike, Bog, Backlot, Winter Crash, Chinatown, Broadcast, Creek. 

Enjoy your christmas with a double shot of winter crash.. :)

This right here is why KG is the man. Thank you!

When it comes to map domination, there are certain maps that are just badly designed for public matches or large numbers of players.

Creek is one of these maps. Probably my favourite map. It's large. Lots of places to hide and snipe. However, SAS are at a huge disadvantage. It's a Hamburger Hill situation.  Spetnaz have a terrain advantage right off the start. You don't have to be very smart to play as spetnaz for this map. Just keep eyes on the tunnel and the rest hammer the open trench. For SAS to win one of two scenarios must take place:

SAS have to flip the map. This is the best scenario. Get one sneaky guy to hit the other side and slowly get spet spawning toward the SAS side. This however, is easier said than done, especially if you get anyone with half a brain on Spetnaz. The other option, and this requires an intelligent team, is to camp as SAS and wait for Spetnaz to rush like idiots. You can kill them as they come into line of sight and hopefully they will flip spawns for you. However, seeing that most players tend to play like ferrets on crack, scenario 2 is highly unlikely. Thus in pub matches, creek is a shitshow for SAS players 9 out of 10 maps.

I feel the same with Vacant. Spetnaz has to play really smart at the start of the map or they'll spend 90% of the time sitting in the spawn room. It's a bullshit map for large amount of players, especially when SAS has a known set of stackers. Smart players (like XAM) know to join SAS, put on tubes or LMG and just trolololo all day long. The average player like to rush, and it creates many instances of blocked doorways and people tripping over bodies which leads to no contest for one team or the other when they're stuck in said room.

I think the largest issue is that the spawn points are badly designed here (for these types of maps), and it leads to being stuck in particular spawn for most of the game. They're faily difficult maps to spawn swap. It's one reason I also hate crash. Nice map. Fun to play. But the Ops spawn is the worst spawn in the entire map. If you get stuck on a bad team, prepare to be stuck on the balcony hunting the snipers keeping everyone trapped. 

I don't find wetwork as bad in this category. Wetwork is just a boring map in design. While a team has a chance to dominate the other, it's a very wide open map with only one corridor. You don't need anything but a good smg and 3x nades. Seriously. P90 with 3x nades perk and you'll be getting airstrikes every few minutes. It's a large annoyance and results in an average game of step-step-die. Step-step-maybe nade kill-die. But in its own right, hectic can be fun. A lot more fun than being forced to one spawn site with no ability to get out lol

/rant

The new rotation looks pretty good though. Haven't played bog in years, so should prove fairly interesting. Nice to see crossfire back too. Gonna have to play some more- without getting banned. Hah. :P

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...