Bullet tracers

Aniky

Well have been messing around this stuff a bit, even tho my knowledge of jaymod and general cvars is pretty decent i am still unable to figure it out why after using some commands bullet tracers are still appearing.

The main mod having issues with that would be jaymod, as apparently the bullet tracers are appearing sometimes at randoms and sometimes not at all, i have been through couple of topics from past here at forums and came to conclusion that i am stuck at pretty much same spot as everyone else was.

Is it a habit that jaymod is acting randomly like that and bullet tracers are just randomly appearing every once in a while, regardless of using certain commands to disable it.

On the point, the jaymod documentation is so hard to be found nowadays to have some proper look into the cvar list, so i was wondering if anyone could write down all the editable and not locked cvars that are related to bullet tracers, so i can see if there's any way to disable this forever.

Some mods are different and don't allow you to disable certain things.

try doing:

/cvarlist *tracer*
This will give you a list of all cvars with tracer in it.

Likely though they are cheat protected, because I think there is cg_tracerChance , width and length. So you could make it way to easy to pinpoint locations if they were not cheat protected. I think by default tracerchance is 0.4 (40%)

• Clan Friend

afaik you cannot disable tracers on jaymod. If your ping is really low you might not be able to see them (edit: I mean your own tracers), but they are always on. The only cvars you can use on jaymod to do this are locked.

Edited by SunLight

afaik you cannot disable tracers on jaymod. If your ping is really low you might not be able to see them (edit: I mean your own tracers), but they are always on. The only cvars you can use on jaymod to do this are locked.

Yeh that's what i was afraid of, since thats the only logical explanation of those random appearances from bullet tracers. I guess whenever u end up at some spammy situation of multiple players around u with some arties and other stuffs, they would appear at that point due to some lag that would be caused by it.

Guess we will just have to get along and get used to it somehow ha.

Edited by Aniky
  • Like 1

Offtopic but do you know if its possible to turn off the lean when I +activate + moveleft/right; in jaymod?

Not entire sure if its possible, as in CFG u don't have any option of setting the binds differently and i assume +activate serves as some kind of alternative for leaning if used left or right keys.

Jay1 or jay2 ?

I don't see any bullet tracers unless they are on, not even a bit or sometimes, visited today just to saw that problem but i don't have any like you said...

Normally entire jaymod mod, in my case jay2 most of the times, tho it appears on random and apparently its connected to higher ping.

Normally entire jaymod mod, in my case jay2 most of the times, tho it appears on random and apparently its connected to higher ping.

yesterday i visited jay1 but i didn't had that problem, today visited jay2 as you said and yes jay2 have that problem, 

my pings are always high :P above 289+ so yes you are right..

Yeah, That's a wierd ET bug:

Leaning when you press +activate and +move keys together.

It happens even If You unbind all +lean(s).  

I would suggest learning to not use +activate and +move together.

Yeah, That's a wierd ET bug:

Leaning when you press +activate and +move keys together.

It happens even If You unbind all +lean(s).  

I would suggest learning to not use +activate and +move together.

In all honestly, it shouldn't be that big of an issue anyway due to the fact u don't really use much for activate, apart of opening doors and picking up weapons, or if u are used like me, to push ppl away in duels. Tho from my side, i have never had that issues as i normally if using activate only pressing forward and that's about it, so don't really have problems with any unwanted leaning in mid fight.

• Like 1

I use activate for dragging bodies closer to me; when I revive, I press activate, and if someone is shooting at me and I have to move left or right, I have to stop dragging or I end up leaning and then when I am leaning, I can't revive or shoot back :(

• Like 1

I use activate for dragging bodies closer to me; when I revive, I press activate, and if someone is shooting at me and I have to move left or right, I have to stop dragging or I end up leaning and then when I am leaning, I can't revive or shoot back :(

Jaie maybe change of keyboard is good idea. Do you play on laptop. If yes that may cause problem. Keys are smoler so it might be happening accidentally. Or unbind f - activate and bind Caps Lock for activate.

Jaie maybe change of keyboard is good idea. Do you play on laptop. If yes that may cause problem. Keys are smoler so it might be happening accidentally. Or unbind f - activate and bind Caps Lock for activate.

U misunderstood his problem, his style of gaming causes him the leaning, not the small keys or location of the activate.

@Jaie u will simply have to adjust ur game play and style of playing, considering this causes u some problem, might as well go for instant revive instead of dragging bodies over the map and making urself more exposed :)

Edited by Aniky