Off inappropriate

Papito

This started to happen a few days ago, suddenly playing Wolfenstein about 1 hour, my computer shuts down, never happened before, if it were a check for malware, but it was clean, my pc has integrated video card ATI Radeon 2100, which could be the possible problems and solutions?

Same here Mexi, Ill be doing something on my computer, and then it will just shut down. It wont restart for about 5 minutes, and once I finally restart it, it tells me that it has been set to Safe Mode Speed and to enter BIOS to fix it.

If you are on a laptop sometimes they will overheat and shut down. Happens a lot.

Desktops don't usually shut down for no reason. Obviously you have it running again or you wouldn't be here asking what happened. Perhaps you have a loose switch inside.

I'd vacuum the dust from the inside the case and clean the fans first just to be on the safe side, it helps on laptop (freezes/shuts down because of overheating).

That's one possibility for starters, though unlikely one.

EDIT: Phantasm already posted while I was typing :lol:

• Administrators

When computer starts keep pressing F8 you will see a menu there select Disable Automatic Restart press Enter, if computer still shuts off and you dont get a bsod (blue screen of death) its either overheating or maybe power supply is failing. You can also download an application called speedfan to monitor your temps, or if the comp shuts down you can go in bios and check temps in Hardware monitor.

@ krayzie your comp is overheating clean the cpu cooler and maybe replace the cpu fan

@Joe i disable the AutoShutdown in case of... but it's still restarting, but it's waird cuz never happened before, just checking temps i can solve this?

@ krayzie your comp is overheating clean the cpu cooler and maybe replace the cpu fan

Cleaned it out, had about 40 pounds of dust in it. If it continues then I am going to be either getting a new heat sink, or just a new computer, seeing as mine is seven years old. sad.gif

This happen in other PC too, im playing W:ET and BOOOM!!! and the pc shut down!!, could be the Game??

Well if you dont move your files everytime you play on other comp, its your comps problem.

@Desu i got a backup of all my W:ET in one of my USB, when i travel i can play, but this happen me in 3 diff PC's!

Maybe you need a fresh clean install =D.