Geforce 480 and 470 Released

Term!n@tor

Finally the much awaited Gtx 480 and 470 have been released yesterday. Here are the overall specs:

* GeForce GTX 480 : 480 Shader Processors, 384-bit, 250W TDP, US$ 449~499

* GeForce GTX 470 : 448 Shader Processors, 320-bit, 225W TDP, US$ 299~349

Read the full review and comparison with 5870 and 5850 here : Review

So check it out and share your thoughts.

• Administrators

they are not released,they have been reviled, after reading the reviews I laughed since after all they hype they suck ass. Well I guess its another year of Domination by ATi.

they are not released,they have been reviled, after reading the reviews I laughed since after all they hype they suck ass. Well I guess its another year of Domination by ATi.

they have been released but there will some time until volume kicks in and they start being available at stores. But totally agree on the hype, pwned by ATI.

think i need to buy that to get staple fps to et :P |et needs so much power| eaven my 260GTX cant handle it, nice stuff :)

Lawl you crazy my friend =P. Damn i guess 300 fps isn't enough for you to play ET now !!! ( !spank)

But don't buy this card lol. Its going to burn your money since you will really need to buy a new PSU for this thing then. You might as well just SLI a 260 GTX =P (the prices will hit like 160-180 soon when this new card comes out). In the end it will eat less wattage than a single GTX 480 and you will get better performance Lawll

This card is definitely not energy efficient lol. I think Nvidia should have done something about the temps and energy efficiency for this card. Eats 100W more for the ATI HD5870 equivalent and 11 C hotter in load. Lol it is the equivalent to the wattage of HD 4870 x 2 crossfired !! You will definitely need a 700W psu or more just to run one of these cards (it actually eats a full 500W at load from what i read in the review Dare just posted). Lol don't dream of SLI.

Plus the $100 more price tag than an HD5870 is not that appealling, even if it can do a 10% increase in performance, it will perform worse than the ATI equivalent once you start overclocking (from experience, 11 C makes a big difference for overclocking).

So ya all I can think of is that Nvidia definitely rushed these cards. This wasn't like 2 years ago with the 260 GTX and the HD 4870. Lol its a complete turnaround this year.

You will definitely need a 700W psu or more just to run one of these cards (it actually eats a full 500W at load from what i read in the review Dare just posted)[/b][/u]. Lol don't dream of SLI.

they are recommending atleast 850 watts for 480 and 700 for 470. funny thing is 5870 has a better 3d vantage score than 480.

......You people obvioulsy arent taking into consideration ATI has released 2 sets of drivers for their 5xxx series cards that have boost their performance 20% and the 4xx series is using beta drivers. Sure the heat and power consumption is high but then again if you can afford one or 2 of these cards then your not worried about either of those as it will most likely be under water anyways (49 degrees underload which is alot better than 91 on air). In some games the 480 gives the bad boi 5970 a run for its money and it others its barely even with the 5870 but I'm sure with more mature drivers it will increase in performance. Also the tesselation performance and scaling of SLI on the 4xx blows ATI's out of the water....but again even ATI can fix this with drivers.

• Like 1

......You people obvioulsy arent taking into consideration ATI has released 2 sets of drivers for their 5xxx series cards that have boost their performance 20% and the 4xx series is using beta drivers. Sure the heat and power consumption is high but then again if you can afford one or 2 of these cards then your not worried about either of those as it will most likely be under water anyways (49 degrees underload which is alot better than 91 on air). In some games the 480 gives the bad boi 5970 a run for its money and it others its barely even with the 5870 but I'm sure with more mature drivers it will increase in performance. Also the tesselation performance and scaling of SLI on the 4xx blows ATI's out of the water....but again even ATI can fix this with drivers.

The 4XX series is definitely better than the HD5870 in terms of performance. Overall 14% increase in performance is a lot (if you consider how large the rating is already for these cards). But it costs around $100 dollars more (which might be the detering factor). I think the 4XX series is good but if Nvidia was more serious and willing to compete already being 6 months behind their competators, the price should be below the HD 5870 and they should have taken into consideration the wattage and temperatures. It facking eats 450-500W's total from dares review. You might even need over a 1000 W psu to SLI it for some rigs (only for the crazy guys who need high performance cooling, with high ass overclocks and 3 HDD's).

Also they should release some newer low end cards for the budget consumer =P (look at 57XX and 5850, they are some crazy selling hotcakes)

14% increase with beta drivers, with more mature drivers that is going to increase.....again if you have that kind of money to spend on this card your not worried about it tbh. 1000 watts will run this card fine in SLI, itll even run 3 470s in tri sli. The card pulls alot of power but in furmark it shows 2 480s to pull 640 watts. There is a release of the 420, 440 and 450 coming soon, was an annoucement about it somewhere on another set of forums I read.

14% increase with beta drivers, with more mature drivers that is going to increase.....again if you have that kind of money to spend on this card your not worried about it tbh. 1000 watts will run this card fine in SLI, itll even run 3 470s in tri sli. The card pulls alot of power but in furmark it shows 2 480s to pull 640 watts. There is a release of the 420, 440 and 450 coming soon, was an annoucement about it somewhere on another set of forums I read.

Thats actually pretty good to know. lol to be honest I am rather more interested in the lower end spectrum =D (420, 440, 450). I am always a budget wise person and so when i didn't see any lower end cards i was like "whaatt they aren't releasing any wtf". I hope this ends up turning into a price war, so i can get a cheaper HD 5770 for crossfire (things never go cheap unless you get some competition in ur way =D).

In some games the 480 gives the bad boi 5970 a run for its money and it others its barely even with the 5870 but I'm sure with more mature drivers it will increase in performance. Also the tesselation performance and scaling of SLI on the 4xx blows ATI's out of the water....but again even ATI can fix this with drivers.

yeah true some games it excels a lot over 5870, check for far cry 2:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-470-480-review/17

astounding really.

but still releasing a card 8-10 months late, plus ati has whole range of dx 11 products. nvidia is nowhere. should change their corporate leadership lol

Price wars is highly unlikely due to the fact both ati and nvidia both get their PCB boards from the same company which is having problems with yeilds because its a new size which is why 6 months after atis 5xxx release its still hard to find the 5870 and 5970 not sure bout the lower end ones.

most def an ati year nvidia didnt do the job of beating ati just a close match is all , u have to love the eyeinfinity u dont need an sli cfg to have 3 lcd s set up , i got 2 5770's at the moment but im moving to the big buys 5870 's and 6 monitors :P sik for my flight simulator game :)