Random Photography

Am a beginner photographer. Since i am a multimedia student i was gifted a camera Which is a beginner's Camera, tried some shots with a standard 18-55 lens.

Since i have posted this topic from my PC i had to download them from FB.. So the size is very low.

Specs: 

18-55 mm Lens

ISO-400

Shutter speed 1/30 sec

Aperture F5.6

I havent edited anything, Just added watermark ;)

post-15857-0-57116100-1418792862_thumb.jpg

post-15857-0-47077500-1418792863_thumb.jpg

post-15857-0-01246200-1418792961_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ajay1989

Nice shots. :)

I've got two tips that will help make your photos shine.

1. Keep in mind that you need to vary the aperture depending on the distance. All three of those could've been shot in 2.4 or 3.2 for a better effect of depth (imo). You can adjust the shutter speed to compensate for light loss/gain.
  2. The sensitivity (ISO) starts to look grainy over 400, IMO- though I have seen some good shots taken with high ISO. See if your camera has a "low light" or "night" mode- it can help reduce artifacts caused by sensor overheating.

I look forward to seeing some more! ;)

• Like 2

Nice shots. :)

I've got two tips that will help make your photos shine.

1. Keep in mind that you need to vary the aperture depending on the distance. All three of those could've been shot in 2.4 or 3.2 for a better effect of depth (imo). You can adjust the shutter speed to compensate for light loss/gain.
  2. The sensitivity (ISO) starts to look grainy over 400, IMO- though I have seen some good shots taken with high ISO. See if your camera has a "low light" or "night" mode- it can help reduce artifacts caused by sensor overheating.

I look forward to seeing some more! ;)

Thanks alot mate. Yes my camera has low and night mode features. Will post more after these tips

• 4 weeks later...

Great photos!  And Yeah X man is right with the info and ISO.

There are some really good you-tube sites to go to:

My few Christmas lightning pics :)

Great photos! I love Boston Go RED SOX! Big fan!  And the last one seagull is a great photo!

• Administrators

Great photos! I love Boston Go RED SOX! Big fan!  And the last one seagull is a great photo!

Thanks. I am random noob and sometimes i take pics. 

• Administrators

Just Simple Picture That I Took At Night With My Nikon Wide Angle 14-24 f2.8   :)

I am thinking to buy that one or 3rd party ones.... How's the sharpness of the lens? 

For me, when I am shooting closeup work I use a softener and I try not to center the object too much.  I like to make the observer's eye focus on the background

but the front object gets in the way.

The first thing to buy when starting photo work is a good oil dampened tripod and a release wire. 

• Like 1

For me, when I am shooting closeup work I use a softener and I try not to center the object too much.  I like to make the observer's eye focus on the background

but the front object gets in the way.

The first thing to buy when starting photo work is a good oil dampened tripod and a release wire. 

Thats a really good tip. I tend to think of it as having layers, as in having something to look in the foreground , then a background layer, and if you can have more layers in between it'd be even better.

Just Simple Picture That I Took At Night With My Nikon Wide Angle 14-24 f2.8   :)

In this picture there isn't anything to hold your intrigue to what the photographer is trying to say with the photo. 

So, imo  if I were to take this picture, I would use white cardboard and do something with the light from those ground lights.

Redirect the light until you get something that looks breathtaking to you.  Like, move the light into a nearby tree or something.

Instead of having all the light on the tower.

Try getting more light to the clock and focus on it and let the tower just be there in the twilight effect.  Maybe use a prism filter to get some color out of the lights. 

One really good shot of things like this that reach into the darkness of the sky, is to time lapse the shot so you are shooting 2 to 4 secs.  You might pick up a star streak to highlight

the effect or even a passing meteorite.  That would be cool.