Laptop Prob.

#ApeGoD

How are things guys?

Okay basically i think my laptop got infected by some kind of shit..
I downloaded something, then i couldnt delete it as it said it was being used or something so I rebooted the PC and then i deleted it.
After it turned on i noticed that all my programs that are supposed to boot up with the laptop didn't boot. What I mean is the right hand side bottom corner
where the sound battery % and antivirus is located. My sound won't even work.. Is there any way to check if its virus or something else?

best regards

Sounds to me like it could very well be a virus. I would suggest downloading and running AVG or Avast Free antivirus. Then I would also download and run Malwarebytes anti-malware. I've had very good luck with this combo in the past. Hope its helpful!

• Like 1

Here's what I would run (in order)

1. Malwarebyte's Antimalware
  2. Malwarebyte's Anti-rootkit
  3. Combofix
  4. Regular virus scan
  5. System File Checker (sfc /scannow in admin command prompt)

You should be good to go! For tutorials, I suggest the Bleeping Computer forums.

In case this "shit" tries to block the run of anti-malware tools, add at the Xernicus list this one:

-rkill

with combofix, mbam and adwcleaner you should be able to get rid of it.

Aside restoring some system files (that a scannow itself could do) whom could be messed again if the malware is still there, not sure that a system restore will fix your issue or even help you get rid of this crap. If your problem is only the icons in the taskbar, it's not a big issue, easily fixable and in reality it doesn't stop the hardware to run properly. But get rid first of this crap.

edit: add this one too in the list in case it would be hidden in one of the temp folders. Use it to clean these folders. Run all these tools with admin rights and if needed in safe mode.

-TFC

Edited by Ann!b@l

Okay basically i Did most of the stuff apart of combofix as I run windows 8.1..
It seemed fine for a bit, all Icons came back after i run AVG scan.. But i rebooted the pc and still the same..
I can't even open up control panel because it just freezes on the window. The laptop seems waaay slower and windows doesnt recognize that my laptop has speakers therefore i cannot play any music.
Aswell as that when i shutdown my laptop a notification comes up that TASK HOST MANAGER is run in the background ..

side note: since you're on win8.1, don't use Combofix!! Still, you can use all the others.

Edited by Ann!b@l

docwarren, on 09 Nov 2014 - 2:01 PM, said:

Google...... great new invention.

the thing as I said is that my sound won't work.. Now my hostappservice stopped working..

Edited by #ApeGoD