Laptop Prob.

#ApeGoD

No other computer or smartphone? Can't follow his arrow on the video? Cant open YouTube and turn on Closed Caption or see if directions are written in the description?Can't do a google search for written instructions?

I'm usually patient, but good grief.....

• Like 1

Sorry doc, its just that its quite new laptop and im pissed off as i got alot of school projects that need to be handed in tomorow and my laptop got infected.. I ran all these scans and it says that no malware has been found.. Would i just be better of to restart system to factory settings?(onekey recovery)

In case this "shit" tries to block the run of anti-malware tools, add at the Xernicus list this one:

-rkill

with combofix, mbam and adwcleaner you should be able to get rid of it.

Aside restoring some system files (that a scannow itself could do) whom could be messed again if the malware is still there, not sure that a system restore will fix your issue or even help you get rid of this crap. If your problem is only the icons in the taskbar, it's not a big issue, easily fixable and in reality it doesn't stop the hardware to run properly. But get rid first of this crap.

edit: add this one too in the list in case it would be hidden in one of the temp folders. Use it to clean these folders. Run all these tools with admin rights and if needed in safe mode.

-TFC

where can i find the xernicus list?

I ran all these scans and it says that no malware has been found..

Make sure you performed a full scan with mbam or\and Emsisoft Emergency Kit and not a quick scan please.

About these "second options" you suggest, keep them as last resort for now.

Make sure you performed a full scan with mbam or\and Emsisoft Emergency Kit and not a quick scan please.

About these "second options" you suggest, keep them as last resort for now.

See the thing is that I did run it in full scan.. Nothing comes up anymore.. 

My audio thing seems as it's not being "run" therefore i cannot listen to music, open windows media player as there is problem with server.. everything seems to stop working..

Additionally when i do sfc /scannow nothing happens..

Aswell as that no games/programs that I need for my college work..

Edited by #ApeGoD

See the thing is that I did run it in full scan.. Nothing comes up anymore.. 

My audio thing seems as it's not being "run" therefore i cannot listen to music, open windows media player as there is problem with server.. everything seems to stop working..

Additionally when i do sfc /scannow nothing happens..

Aswell as that no games/programs that I need for my college work..

ok then the tools might have cleaned your pc of all malwares, but some files of your driver(s) might be still corrupted\damaged.

So since we don't have much infos\details about your laptop (what should have been the 2nd thing to mention on your first post in starting this topic) find and download the driver matching your sound card. Or in using device manager to get the infos needed, or in going on the site of the brand to which belongs the model of your laptop. Once found and downloaded, re-install the driver.

If you get problems to find the right driver and so, need help, post the spec please. Use the free version of this software if needed: https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Lenovo Z510
CPU : i7@2.2GHz
Ram: 8Gb
Motherboard: Lenovo viuu4 (U3E1)
Graphics: Geforce G740m
Audio:Realitek high definition audio

Yet even if i don't have the malware why is my pc so slow? Why does it freezes, and why cant i run programs etc?

Yet even if i don't have the malware why is my pc so slow? Why does it freezes, and why cant i run programs etc?

Well, putting sugar in the fuel tank doesn't take you far and makes damage on all the rest of mechanical items of your car. This is what happens with some malwares. You have to clean the whole car from all sugar and you have to refurbish as new the damaged pieces.

Anyway, here is the page download for the drivers matching your laptop: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z510-notebook

I would be at your place, I would re-install at least the audio (Realtek) and the RST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) drivers just in case.

Ah man, still i reinstalled audio drivers and it still doesnt work.. My startup programs seem to work sometimes eg. if I leave my laptop on for 20mins and go somewhere then they start up fine.. seems like my laptop just went really slow..
To the audio problem it still says that "Audio Service isn't running".. I translated from polish so i don't know if that gives you any kind of hint.

And btw what is Host Task Windows when I shutdown my laptop it comes up saying that its running in the background.

Edited by #ApeGoD

Step 1: Launch the Run dialog box by holding Windows and pressing the R key. Now type the command "msconfig.exe" to open the System Configuration utility.

Step 2: In the Utility window, click the Boot tab and then select or enable Safe Boot under Boot options and finally hit the OK button.

Step 3: Follow the onscreen prompt to reboot the computer in Safe Mode on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. You may also choose to reboot the computer later, if you have some urgent work on the computer

Then run Malwarebytes to try and detect any malware. Some Malware can disquise itself as bootable and valid programs after they have been downloaded. They avoid detection even after the original downloaded malware has been detected.

If you are still having issues, the Malware may be in a boot file, and I suggest running Chameleon by Malwarebytes.

I had a virus like this on my Windows XP laptop a couple years back and found that I still had issues after running just Malwarebytes in SafeMode. Chameleon ended up clearing out the bug that was hiding in the boot file.

If You have School projects on D: drive, Go ahead and use onekey recovery.

Only C: drive, Where operating system is, will be restored.

I've never been able to remove a virus, I always reload OS.

One of my buddies came in yesterday and without me knowing he did system recovery to the 2nd of october.
The system works fine now, everything boots up but I will still do the scans and let you know if it finds some crap.