modern warfare 2

Pepsi

If not this what would be the best cod series game to do

None.

Seriously Modern Warfare was the best Multiplayer  experience. The older games were stale. The newer games after MW3 do not and will never have dedicated servers for hosting.  The series jumped the shark in terms of clan server availability and great MP experience.

I would honestly like to see a shift away from the series into something with a little more balls. For example, Insurgency is a really well built FPS that is actually realistic. More tactical than this f***ing #yoloswagfag360Noscope shit. Hell even older Battlefield games aren't as bad either.

When it comes to the COD series, anything after MW2 is a dead avenue.

Edited by SiD

I bought MW2 when it first came out.

Then started playing again during AlterIW's peak.

For a few months I was even hosting a boosted XP server with b3 and everything that was pretty popular for a bit.

So if you guys need help setting things up let me know.

It's really fun to play, and is made even better by the "mods" that allow it to actually be hosted on servers.

It's a great game IMO just poorly executed. I've been playing it alot lately because it's fun but it's a PITA to deal with cheaters and the whole non-dedi system. The problem I see is how big of a following does it still have? Because of the bad setup it only seems like a few hundred people play it still at any given time.

Dave download repz and install it then you will have dedicated servers for mw2, that's how I play dedicated servers for mw2

No private options for BF4 for pc.

Last I heard PS4 had the option to rent servers from EA for $25 a month, but, how that's holding up I don't know.

In all honesty, looking at any BF or COD game after BF2/COD MW2 is a waste of time. THese companies care more for console than PC. It's why we keep getting the shittiest f***ing ports with terrible console matchmaking. Maybe one day when activision and EA pull their heads out of their ass, we'll start seeing private options again, but as it stands right now, it's a dead avenue.

Edited by SiD
  • Like 2

No private options for BF4 for pc.

Last I heard PS4 had the option to rent servers from EA for $25 a month, but, how that's holding up I don't know.

In all honesty, looking at any BF or COD game after BF2/COD MW2 is a waste of time. THese companies care more for console than PC. It's why we keep getting the shittiest f***ing ports with terrible console matchmaking. Maybe one day when activision and EA pull their heads out of their ass, we'll start seeing private options again, but as it stands right now, it's a dead avenue.

This.

I would also say that if you're looking for the option to have an FPS game with privately run servers, you're going to need to stop looking to AAA titles and the like. Your best bet would be at some of the lesser known, or indie, titles.

wait what? How do i get dedicated servers?

yes just install repz for mw2 and then there are dedicated servers :) heres the link for it http://repziw4.net/ just follow the download and install instructions then you will have dedicated servers anymore questions just pm me and i can help set you up bud :)