win7 boot

easyest

Hi, I'm not that noob in pc thinks ,but this i will do for 1st time ,so wanna be sure...

I have  win7 on my notebook, if i open my computer ,i see 2 drivers....C: and G: 

on C: i have 29,2 GB ,on G: i have 254GB ....the problem is the C: is full almost

Question:

Can i fix this somehow? Change the drivers or something?

Or i must reinstall windows?

When you click on "Start" button, there is a search field, type there "computer menagement", then on the leftt side there are different tabs, find storage and click on  disk menagement. Then you see your partitions, click on that "G" one and right button choose "shrink", set it to value you think would be proper. then click on "C" one and "extend volume" to the value you wish. (That G drive isn't full, it can't be, if you have 50 gb free space on that g drive, 30 gb less would be good for that c drive if you shrink G).

Simple clever.

Regards.

• Like 1

Well it might work but messing around with partitions might also mess up the system and loose all your data. I guess moving OS partition to other HD works with creating dynamical\logical partitions?

Easier would be to install programs to other partition?no?

• Leader

You should be able to move your Data Libraries from C: to another Drive, using Win7 management tools.  

This is from Dec 23, 2013, so it is probably still useful:  http://www.pcworld.com/article/2079571/move-your-libraries-to-a-second-drive-or-partition.html

Hmmm, this is a much cleaner method than I used for moving some of my data, so I think that I will use it, too!

EasyEst, thanks for the question.  You helped ME a lot! :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I recently installed WinXP on an old computer and I made only one partition: C: Oops!

I like to have 2 partitions so I can re-install the operating system and still save stuff.

Somehow there was 7 MB left unused so I created another partition: D:

Then I used PartitionMagic 9 to move freespace from C: to D:

I've never done that before but It worked well!