Monitor ???

Unknown

Yo, guys, just wondering what monitor you use while playing ET? Personally, I still have CRT monitor Iiyama Vision Master Pro 512. Sounds cool and yes it was good 10 years ago....

Well, yeah thinking about  IIYAMA 24'' LED Prolite GB2488HSU or Asus 24" LED VG248QE. Both of them seem to be the same. Any suggestions?

I have a view sonic 24" vx2453 hdmi led has 2ms response it will run 75hz display refresh at 1152x864 in game..I paid less than $180.00 us..wish I would of sprung to 27" 120hz probally twice $$...depends on budget...whatever you get remember..you will be really stuck with it for a long time so chose wisely

• Like 1

Don't know my model but I bought a 144hz and it really smoothed out the gameplay. I played for years at 60 hz and could hardly ever make it over 33% accuracy. After getting the 144hz and a new mouse my accuracy goes up 7-10 percent sometimes. That alone probably didn't increase my accuracy because I went from No Quarter to Jaymod around the same time and NQ was always weird and laggy for me. Nonetheless, the gameplay is a lot more fluid.

Edited by Scab
  • Like 2

Yo, guys, just wondering what monitor you use while playing ET? Personally, I still have CRT monitor Iiyama Vision Master Pro 512. Sounds cool and yes it was good 10 years ago....

Actually Teacher, a CRT monitor is better for ET then the new flat monitor you get today. I don't really know why, but I heard a few pro players mentioning CRT is the way to go if you want to be good in ET.

• Like 1

• Aspect Ratio
    4:3
  • Native Resolution
    2048 x 1536 at 87 Hz
  • Pixel Pitch
    0.24 mm
  • Vertical Refresh Rate
    180 Hz
  • Horizontal Refresh Rate
    140 kHz
  • Video Bandwidth
    390 MHz
  • Factory Preset Resolution Modes
    2048 x 1536 / 87 Hz

1840 x 1440 / 92 Hz

1600 x 1280 / 105 Hz

1600 x 1200 / 110 Hz

1480 x 1024 / 130 Hz

1280 x 1024 / 130 Hz

1024 x 768 / 175 Hz

800 x 600 / 180 Hz

640 x 480 / 180 Hz

These are specifications of what I use now. 

• 2 weeks later...

im still mourning my rebadged Sony 21" CRT which died...i loved that thing!
i'm using a benq 120hz and while 1080p is nice for movies, these flat panels are sadly nowhere near as good for gaming :(