Can't load cloudflare websites

Xernicus

I've spent the past the past month or so trying to figure out this issue now... I know it's not browser or computer specific, as it happens with all of the computers on my network, but I can't load ANY cloudflare sites, including their own website.
Whenever I go to a website that is protected by cloudflare, such as the link posted by ajnl: [Link removed per RedBaird info, thx], all I get is an infinate waiting for xxxx.cloudflare.com (in this case ajax.cloudflare.com, sometimes cjn.cloudflare.com, etc) and a white screen. If I press refresh, the page displays for a *split second* before returning to the blank window.

This happens in all browsers that I've tried. Firefox, IE, and some others that I use for my PowerPC macs, so I'm lead to believe that my subnet is blacklisted.

Information on my current IPv4 address: http://myip.ms/info/whois/174.21.239.126

My IP address is dynamic, with a lease time of 24 hours.

If anybody else has had this issue and has found a solution, please let me know!

Much appreciated :)

• Leader

I clicked on your link above, and Norton blocked my access to it (see SS):

They say that the threat is from viruses and that it is a scam-website and not an official site at all.
Click on the "threats" in this Norton "Detailed Report" link:  http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=http:%2F%2Fsteam-cards-promo.com%2F%3Fuser=65d5a6&product=other&version=21.5.0.19&layout=SOS&lang=0901&siteName=US&pid=1122&source=toolbar  see SS #2 for the dropdown tab.

post-8926-0-08138700-1409920436_thumb.jpg

See also:  [deleted a Norton Link, which contained "bad-links" like Xernicus had above]  A friend gave you the link?

I can connect to the Cloudflare home site, but it seems to be some kind of web-service provider, like GoDaddy or some such.

Shows the obscure dropdown button on the right for details on threat(s):
post-8926-0-58887500-1409921120_thumb.jpg

ajax. just takes me to cloudflare home page
cjn. returns:"The server at cjn.[del] can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed."

Funny Story!  I was able to use a similar "personal link" and get onto the Steam-card-in-your-wallet site, as my Norton Toolbar was turned off on IE.  I edited this post to explain all that and to copy & paste some text from that site.  

I pressed "save changes" here, and  :war:  Norton killed the page and kicked me back one page!

I can only guess that the supposed "text copy & paste" actually contained some malicious code.  I should have learned by now to paste such web-text-copy into notepad and then copy & past it here.  That normally removes the original formatting, but now I suspect that it would get rid of any hidden code, too.

Anyway, the site is formatted very similar to Steam's sites.  You supposedly get $1 added to your card total every time somebody uses your "personal address" to connect to their site.  You are told that you can redeem them at the $20, $40, etc, levels.  I suppose you have to give them your steam-wallet ID to do so. :)  They encourage advertising on your FaceBook page.

Steam Forums topic: Free steam wallet cards...harmful or just a traffic scam? 

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/7/558754899933789316/

An email address for cloudflare support would be greatly appreciated at the very least- I can't get on their webpage to look it up, and not having access to certain pages really grinds my gears.

Of course if anybody has some suggestions, that's also welcome :)

NSLookup returns the correct results, however... it would appear IPv6 is the issue, as it's trying to ping a local address.

C:\Users\Xernicus>nslookup
Default Server:  UnKnown
Address:  2001:428::1

> cloudflare.com
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  2001:428::1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    cloudflare.com
Addresses:  2400:cb00:2048:1::c629:d59d
          2400:cb00:2048:1::c629:d49d

>
UPDATE: Disabled IPv6 WAN functionality, and I am able to access cloudflare again.

• Leader

OK I found some actual email addresses in http://tools.whois.net/whoisbyip/ ,using your " 198.41.213.157 " (before I spent the time on all that stuff below this. :) )  I had remembered that report format, but forgot where I had seen it before.

One address is " OrgTechEmail: admin@cloudflare.com "

The various 'contact us' methods for Cloudflare all seem to be web-based

The source of all info below is on the CloudFlare site's pages.

FB:  ht---tps://www.facebook.com/CloudFlare  an indirect method of communicating, but would it expose your own FB account?  

For Account Holders, but has a tip for site visitors to sites of account-holders

Error 1010: The owner of this website has banned your access based on your browser's signature

Damon

May 13, 2014 15:36

The 1010 error message states that the domain owner is blocking this request based on your web browser's signature.

If you are the site owner:

A website admin can turn this feature off by doing the following:

Settings->CloudFlare Settings->Browser Integrity Check->Toggle Off.

If you are a site visitor:

A firewall, proxy, a browser plugin or extension may be throwing a false positive. Try visiting the site with a different browser as an alternative way of accessing the site.

For visitors:

Why am I getting a "Checking your Browser before accessing" message before entering a site on CloudFlare?

Damon

May 09, 2014 12:48

The "Checking your browser before accessing (insertsite.com) occurs when the site owner has turned on a DDoS protection and mitigation tool called "I'm Under Attack". The page will generally go away and grant you access to the site after 5 seconds.

Note: You will need to have both JavaScript and Cookies turned on in your browser to pass the check. The check is in place to make sure that you are not part of a botnet.

Explains their "Browser Integrity Check" function (used --- to "spoil" the links)

What does the Browser Integrity Check do?

May 08, 2014 21:16

CloudFlare's Browser Integrity Check is similar to Bad Behavior and looks for common HTTP headers abused most commonly by spammers and denies access to your page.  It will also challenge visitors that do not have a user agent or a non standard user agent (also commonly used by abuse bots, crawlers or visitors).

To turn this feature on or off:

Settings->CloudFlare Settings->Security Settings

You can alternatively get to the 'Security Settings' page for a domain by going to: ht---tps://www.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-settings?z=YOURDOMAIN.com#page=security

You are also able to selectively enable or disable this feature for certain sections of your domain by implementing a page rule. For example, you may want to disable this functionality for the section of your domain that hosts your API.

IPv4 ranges

199.27.128.0/21

173.245.48.0/20

103.21.244.0/22

103.22.200.0/22

103.31.4.0/22

141.101.64.0/18

108.162.192.0/18

190.93.240.0/20

188.114.96.0/20

197.234.240.0/22

198.41.128.0/17

162.158.0.0/15

104.16.0.0/12

IPv6 ranges

2400:cb00::/32

2606:4700::/32

2803:f800::/32

2405:b500::/32

2405:8100::/32

Try going to Internet Options > Content > and locate any certs from the particular websites in question.  Delete them and try again

How old is your router?

What happens if you start IE in Safe Mode or the PC in Safe Mode, Same Result?

Do you have any SmartCard Drivers Installed on the PC?

My certificates are in fine shape, I keep my eye on those.
Router is a year old, with firmware that was released a month ago.
I couldn't use any PC on the network to access cloudflare websites.
And negative, this is a desktop, not a laptop.

But alas,

NSLookup returns the correct results, however... it would appear IPv6 is the issue, as it's trying to ping a local address.
UPDATE: Disabled IPv6 WAN functionality, and I am able to access cloudflare again.

• Like 1