~Outdoor Activities~

603 Ex

Hey guys! I'm quite the outdoorsman.. I love fishing, hiking, camping, hunting, etc etc. So I figured I'd share a few pictures with you all from my most recent trip to Maine :)
What about you guys? Any other outdoor enthusiasts?

~X

post-14980-0-56308700-1408390530_thumb.jpg

post-14980-0-30986500-1408390531_thumb.jpg

post-14980-0-83059800-1408390532_thumb.jpg

I spend most of my time outside photographing and cycling. I do take a camping trip every summer though, those are always relaxing.

• Like 1

I used to fish a lot, when the cicadas come back out (they are on either 7 or 17 year cycles where they return above the ground) use them as bait; you'll be catching fish left and right. Just bait your hook up with a live cicada, throw it onto the water, and they're wings will be flapping causing the fish to come more readily to your bait. My family and I did this and we were honestly catching fish every 5 mins I'd say. I don't fish as often, but I love being outside and being in nature; it's so calming rather than being in the loud ass city.

• Like 1

Summer - Fish as much as possible.

Fall and Winter - Hunt, Fish and Mountain Biking.

Spring - Fish, Spring Gobbler Season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my fishing buds is a Phd Candidate in Biological Sciences at Virginia Tech ( ichthyology ).  We went on a sample trip down the James River a couple weeks ago - these fish were not caught - they were shocked or temporarily stunned.  They float to the surface - then collect their stomach contents for research and then release them back.

These pics don't have much to with the topic, but I thought that you might enjoying seeing them.  These are all pretty rare fish for my neck of the woods.  Fresh water - river fish don't typically get to be 78 lbs!!  All of the monsters are Blue Cats.  

2r2ngw7.jpg

mkdpw2.jpg

2edxc87.jpg

• Like 1