What is Final Fantasy doing?

Pannic

Has anyone else noticed that Final Fantasy has lost almost everything that made it great?

What happened to extremely unique characters with such diverse and unique personalities that you could become emotional attached with out ever hearing his/her voice (with the exception of 10 because it had voice actors, which was still great). What about the turn based combat filled with strategy, timing, and planning? 

Final Fantasy has officially lost a customer since FF13. Just an INSANELY linear, boring and generic rpg with "final fantasy" stamped on it. Am i the only one out there? What will it take to bring them back to making classics like 6,7,8,9 and 10 again?  :(

• Like 4

yeah, final fantasy sucks ass now. what peeved me the most (besides the fighting system, that irked me greatly) was not being able to get lost in the world. following a set path with no other choice but to keep straight -_- dafuq happened to fighting just to fight and level up? Square Enix, fire your interns please....

• Like 3

Honestly you'd think that they would say "what are our best games? okay lets do that again."

FF15 looks so boring to me. Don't get me wrong graphically its looks phenomenal but it's not Final Fantasy.

I don't want to run around a house dodging bullets and some ghost thing while hacking and slashing a bunch of gun wielding grunts? and I'd bet most hardcore FF fans don't want to either lol

• Like 2

Guess I'm going to be that guy....

I freaking loved ff12. Yep. I just said that. One of my all time favorite games. I thought it had a complex but interesting plot and while the characters were a bit stiff, the imaginative story and world made up for it. Also I liked the open combat system.

Then I played ff13-2. Now I hate square enix. That game had a bad combat system, a bad plot, and the most underpowered protagonists EVAR.

• Like 1

Guess I'm going to be that guy....

I freaking loved ff12. Yep. I just said that. One of my all time favorite games. I thought it had a complex but interesting plot and while the characters were a bit stiff, the imaginative story and world made up for it. Also I liked the open combat system.

Then I played ff13-2. Now I hate square enix. That game had a bad combat system, a bad plot, and the most underpowered protagonists EVAR.

ff12 wasnt the one that ruined it for me because there was still strategy in the combat with the whole license thing you had to do but ff13.... yea that's the one where i called it quits lol 

I mean really? An auto-attack button? I basically pushed A non-stop until it was over.  :mellow:

After X and X-2 the battle system went straight to crap..

Couldn't agree more! Not to mention X and X-2 were amazing games. During 13 I was super disappointed, and it sucked even more when they released so many sequels of it. I have to disagree with some of the statements though, I am super excited to play Final Fantasy 15 and I will always love Final Fantasy regardless :)

• Like 1