Defence

J. Gardiner - D. Phaneuf

M. Reilly - C. Franson

R. Polak - S. Robidas

Goalies

J. Bernier

J. Reimer

Biggest plus

+ Toronto defencive line ups are better than it first look. They have good mix up for offencive, defencive and two way defenders. Not big star names in defencive line ups, but all are good defenders. Good mix up talend and veteran players in defencive line ups. Goalie spot is biggest plus, because they have two good and solid goalie it raise goalie rating, but can be possible that Toronto maybe trade Reimer to get one center more in season. I think Toronto have best goalie duo in NHL at the moment.

Biggest minus

- Center squad is team biggest minus, they need at least one star center in group. Plus i think they need one star winger also, now they have couple very good winger, but they need one center and one winger more to be more stronger in regular season and playoffs. They offencive roster is also too narrow, one injury can affect team too much.

Offencive Rating 7

Defencive Rating 7,5

Goalie Rating 8,5

Total points 23

Three Best players

P. Kessel

J. Bernier

J. Lupul

My favorite players

Leo "Leksa" Komarov one of my all time favorite players and idols. Great player who really love national team, he leave from NHL to KHL last season that he get better chance to get Finnish Olympic team and always ready come to World Hockey Tournaments, was playing longer in Europe because wanted play in Finnish jersey before move to NHL. Great two way player, never be "star" player in NHL in stats, but man who has always biggest heart and passion, he always put team first and is big team player and big leader, tackle all what move and is persuasive, speak over 5 language. Own team love him other hate him type of guy, but all respect him because he have so big passion towards hockey.

Explanations = F|A members teams von Rantala = Minnesota Wild, Pepsi, D..X and L3ftY. = Toronto Maple LeafsZigzag = OttawaSl@yer = Calgary GermanKilla = Colorado Thundercats and Cicione = Chicago, LA Kings Fan = Los Angeles ©, Mathieu and RefL3x:> = Montreal, Yomero, Jaymee = Pittsburgh,  Meow and Rattlem = Philadelphia, Meow = San Jose  NHL leading team (L)

Applicants teams:-

Edited by von Rantala

Vancouver Canuks

Members: -

Fantasy Lines

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - A. Burrows

C. Higgins - N. Bonino - R. Vrbata

Z. Kassian - S. Matthias -  J. Hansen

T. Sestito - L. Vey - D. Dorsett

Defence

K. Bieksa - A. Edler

Y. Weber - D. Hamhuis

L. Sbisa - C. Tanev

Goalies

R. Miller

E. Läck

Biggest plus

+ They have very good first line. But biggest plus is that they have 5 first round draft talent coming to roster, when B. Gaunce (2012), Bo Horvat (2013), H. Shinkaruk (2013), J. McCann (2014) and J. Virtanen (2014) is close to roster spot, and for sure some of those take spot in next year.

Biggest minus

- Forward line ups are minus, they need 2-4 winger more, they have good first and second line centers, but they need 2-4 winger more and one center more in third line, ofcourse some of those young talents can take one of those winger spot in future, but at the moment it is minus. Biggest minus is goalie spot, because two year ago they have best goalie tandem in NHL and they had positive problem, who should be number one Luongo or Schneider, then they trade Schneider to NJ for free, what was big mistake and then they give Luongo to Florida for free too and that cost job of GM Mike Gillis, i dont know what he was thinking when he trade both of goalies who may win Vezine and replace those goalies to AHL goalies. Back to current goalies, Miller is good, but his best days is behind (at the moment) and you cant compare Luongo or Schneider to Miller who is still ofcourse good goalie.

Offencive Rating 6,5

Defencive Rating 7

Goalie Rating 8

Total points 21,5

Three Best players

H. Sedin

D. Sedin

K. Bieksa

My favorite players

Y. Weber i like his offencive skill.

Explanations = F|A members teams von Rantala = Minnesota Wild, Pepsi, D..X and L3ftY. = Toronto Maple LeafsZigzag = OttawaSl@yer = Calgary GermanKilla = Colorado Thundercats and Cicione = Chicago, LA Kings Fan = Los Angeles ©, Mathieu and RefL3x:> = Montreal, Yomero, Jaymee = Pittsburgh,  Meow and Rattlem = Philadelphia, Meow = San Jose  NHL leading team (L)

:yeye  EA Sports' simulation predicts repeat by LA KINGS   :thumbsup Woo Hoo !    :cheers 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=732441

In its annual NHL season simulation released Wednesday, EA Sports predicts the defending-champion Los Angeles Kings will defeat the Boston Bruins in six games in the 2015 Stanley Cup Final for their second straight championship and third in the past four seasons, giving the NHL its first bona fide dynasty in more than a decade. The Conn Smythe Trophy will go to Kings forward Anze Kopitar, who is also predicted to win the Selke Trophy for his regular-season play in the simulation.

To reach the Stanley Cup Final, the Kings again will have to go through the Chicago Blackhawks, whom the simulation expects to face Los Angeles in the Western Conference Final for the third consecutive spring. The Bruins are predicted to beat the Columbus Blue Jackets, who despite losing in the Eastern Conference Final would still have their most successful season to date. The defending Eastern Conference champion New York Rangers are predicted to lose to the Philadelphia Flyers in seven games in the first round.

Though the Pittsburgh Penguins are also expected to be eliminated in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs by Columbus, it will once again be a banner year for Penguins center Sidney Crosby. The simulation predicts Crosby to win the Hart Trophy, the Art Ross Trophy, the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy and the Ted Lindsay Award, which would be the first time he has taken home all four awards in the same season.

Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price wins the Vezina Trophy as the League's top goaltender. The Norris Trophy for the NHL's best defenseman is won by the Arizona Coyotes' Oliver Ekman-Larsson, while Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane takes home the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy. Tampa Bay Lightning forward Jonathan Drouin wins the Calder Trophy as top rookie.

The Calgary Flames are predicted to finish last in the 2014-15 regular-season standings.

100114EABracket2.jpg

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan
  • Like 1

@La Kings Fan what?? Wild not in playoffs, so wrong, Wild will win cup in this season, :) Let see who lead in my ratings after i get those ready, but looking that Chicago and Los Angeles get most points.

News Ottawa named Erik Karlsson ther new Captain, i like Karlsson and i think he deserver Captain C, he is team MVP. Ottawa also re-sign Bobby Ryan to 7 year for 50,75 milj dollar

Washington Capitals

Fantasy Lines

A. Ovechkin - N. Bäckström  - E. Kuznetsov

T. Brower - M. Johansson - J. Ward

J. Chimera - B. Laich - E. Fehr

A. Volpatti/Burakovsky - M. Latta - T. Wilson

Defence

M. Greene - J. Carlson

M. Niskanen - B. Orpik

D. Orlov - K. Alzner

Goalies

B. Holtby

P. Grubauer

Biggest plus

+ Biggest plus is ofcourse defencive line ups, there is couple good offencive defender Greene and Niskanen, and Couple good two way defender Carlson, Orlov and couple good defencive defender Orpik and Alzner. Yes i think that Niskanen and Orpik get new big contracts and they are overpayed but they still are good defenders and in overall they have very good defencive group, where is young and potential players. They have good pair in first line but who take third spot in that line is still question mark.

Biggest minus

- Goalie situation is in my view minus, Holtby must take next step what team is waiting, in my book Grubauer overtake Peters who is very irregular, Peters probably start in second role, but in the end of season Grubauer will past him and will take second spot in line ups. Laich is key player in roster, he play very poor season last season and his points needed, Johansson must take next step also, last season was good but he need to be little bit better that he can be good second line center, i think they need at one or two winger more, Brower, Ward and Chimera are all good wingers but they best spot is in third line not in the second line.

Offencive Rating 7,5

Defencive Rating 8,5

Goalie Rating 7

Total points 23

Three Best players

A. Ovechkin

N. Bäckström

J. Carlson

My favorite players

I dont have any favorite players in current Washington roster, but it is interesting follow, can Holtby take next step to be starter goalie in NHL or if we see Washington looking new goalie

It will be interesting to see can Kuznetsov be star player what Washington wait, Kuznetsov have been good in KHL and Washington waited him several years. Now it is interesting to see can he repead succes in NHL too

Centeral is best division in NHL, will be come so interesting to follow how tight will be in that division. Every hockey fan fear some opponed more than others, what is team who you not want play against your team in first round. My reply is Chicago. Los Angeles is good, but i think that LAK not win (Cup) in coming season, its always easiest to choose last season winner to win again, so those predictions not suprise me at all. When Chicago won in season 2012-2013 all predict that they win in 2013-2014 also. When Boston won Cup in 2010-2011 all predict that they win cup in 2011-2012 also.

True von Rantala ... but you gotta look at what the LA Kings have accomplished in the last 3 years ...

2011 - 2012  =  losangelesking2012nhlchamps.jpg

2012 - 2013  =  Make it to the Western Conference Finals, Granted they lose in 5 to Chicago ( eventual cup winner ) but they were beat to heck in the first two rounds by St Louis and San Jose ... IF they somehow made it past the Blackhawks, who knows if they likewise beat the Bruins for another Cup ?

2013 - 2014  =  la_u_kinggg88_cr_576x324.jpg

... so don't count them OUT for 2014 - 2015  :thumbsup 

And as for the Central being the BEST in the NHL ??? ok you got Chicago and St Louis ... and THEN WHO ? Colorado won't be as good as last year I'm beating, and sorry but Minnesota is still 2 or 3 pieces of the puzzle away, Dallas MAYBE just MIGHT Shock some people, but ???

In the PACIFIC ... heck in CALIFORNIA ALONE ... you have the LA KINGS, the SJ Sharks, the Anahiem Ducks  :o  3 perennial playoff powerhouse teams ... I think you maybe need to stay up late and watch some WEST COAST HOCKEY my Friend  ;)

I'd say the TWO best teams in Hockey right now are my KINGS and the BLACKHAWKS ... fully expecting to see them in the Conference finals again, and for one of them to be lifting the cup against that joke of a Conference known as the East  :P

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

And as for the Central being the BEST in the NHL ??? ok you got Chicago and St Louis ... and THEN WHO ? Colorado won't be as good as last year I'm beating, and sorry but Minnesota is still 2 or 3 pieces of the puzzle away, Dallas MAYBE just MIGHT Shock some people, but ???

In the PACIFIC ... heck in CALIFORNIA ALONE ... you have the LA KINGS, the SJ Sharks, the Anahiem Ducks  :o  3 perennial playoff powerhouse teams ... I think you maybe need to stay up late and watch some WEST COAST HOCKEY my Friend  ;)

I'd say the TWO best teams in Hockey right now are my KINGS and the BLACKHAWKS ... fully expecting to see them in the Conference finals again, and for one of them to be lifting the cup against that joke of a Conference known as the East  :P

Yeah Kings will come to be good team, i gave them very good points and they will be hight in my predictions also. I just really believe that Wild win this season. Why i say that Central is best division was because they are only division where 5 team will go to playoffs. (i think that will happen) Yes your division have LA Kings and SJ and Anaheim, but who is after them? no one i think, maybe in your division three best take more points than my division three best, but in my division we have more cup challengesr than you division. I dont think that Colorado go to playoffs neither, but Wild, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas and Nashville will go to playoffs i think. (maybe in my rating points give us different predictions, let see)

Winnipeg Jets

Fantasy Lines

E. Kane - B. Little - Wheeler

A. Ladd - M. Scheifele - M. Frolik

N. Ehlers - M. Perreault - N. Petan

TJ. Galiardi - J. Slater - C. Thorburn

Defence

D. Byfuglien - T. Enström

J. Trouba - Z. Bogosian

M. Stuart - G. Clitsome

Goalies

M. Hutchinson

O. Pavelec

Biggest plus

+ Defencive group is biggest plus, then have two equal number one defencive pair (Byfuglien, Enström and Trouba and Bogosian), Byfuglien is most invisible 50 point defender in league and Trouba is coming Norris winner. They first line is good and A. Ladd is good leader, and B. Wheeler is underrated player. Its look like Byfuglien start in rigthwinger this season, but in my book his correct place is in defencive pairs.

Biggest minus

- Biggest minus is how narrow they offencive lineups are, in my lineups i take two rookie in third line because other choise in third line are so poor, goalie spot is minus too, in my lineups i think that Hutchinson will overtake and take number one spot before Pavelec, probably
Pavelec will start in season opener, but lose his starter job when season going longer.

Offencive Rating 6,5

Defencive Rating 7,5

Goalie Rating 6

Total points 20

Three Best players

A. Ladd

D. Byfuglien

B. Wheeler

My favorite players

I dont have any favorite players in current Winnipeg roster, but interesting players to follow are J. Trouba, i think he can win Norris in some day if he continue progress from great first season, Goalie situation is interesting to follow also, how good Hutchinson really is, because now he only played 3 NHL game and i think that he still can overtake Pavelec in goal.

So tomorrow or Monday depent how busy day i have tomorrow i will add list of overal points and we see who is in my predictions winner of regular season. I will try find time to send my trophy predictions also, but that probably go to start of season.

Edited by von Rantala

Yeah, the pacific division is a monster. Just because of California teams. I thought the same as you but looking at the teams in both division...I think the central division is stronger overall.

Pacific:

Sure Playoffs teams: Los Angeles, San Jose, Anaheim

Wild card playoffs teams: none

Will miss playoffs: Vancouver and Arizona (they're both going down), Calgary (shit team), Edmonton(shit team. but hey, maybe it's their year)

Central:

Sure Playoffs teams: Chicago, St-Louis, Colorado

Wild card playoffs teams: Minnesota, Dallas, Nashville (yeah Nashville, if Rinne stays healthy)

Will miss playoffs: Winnipeg

And in the East, I think only Boston and maybe Pittsburgh(if Fleury plays well) could win the cup.

BUT IT'S THE NHL!!! Anything can happen!

• Like 1