NHL Season 2014-2015

von Rantala

Boston trades Lucic to Los Angeles for a 1st round pick , Martin Jones and Colin Miller.

Holy Shit!

Give LA the Stanley Cup already.

Story is Martin Jones and the Kings weren't close in RFA negotiations, Kings are in no need to overpay for a backup as Quick will play 3/4 or more of the games anyways so his name came up in trades ...

We can go out and sign a vet back-up or look at Jean-François Bérubé (won Caldar Cup with Kings AHL team Manchester Monarchs this season) as a cheap rookie back-up similar to what Jones was last year ... so not a big loss. 

Boston will also retain about 1/2 of Lucic's contract, so helps the Kings with CAP Space too ! ^_^  

Colin Miller is a decent D prospect, but doubtful to see time on LA's roster soon ? and we have other D prospects ... plus the Kings are still hopefully working on a contract extension for Andrej Sekera ? as Voynov is unlikely to ever play in the NHL again ?

The Kings WILL buy out Mike Richards ... but it's doubtful to be enough CAP Relief to retain Justin Williams sadly ... but we did just extend Tyler Toffoli !  and Stoll is most likely not going to be coming back even though the drug charges were dropped ...

MILAN LUCIC  /  ANZE KOPITAR  /  MARIAN GABORIK
TANNER PEARSON  /  JEFF CARTER  /  TYLER TOFFOLI
DWIGHT KING  /  NICK SHORE  /  DUSTIN BROWN
JORDAN NOLAN  /  TREVOR LEWIS  /  KYLE CLIFFORD
ANDY ANDREOFF

DREW DOUGHTY  /  JAKE MUZZIN
ANDREJ SEKERA  /  BRAYDEN MCNABB    
MATT GREENE  /  ALEC MARTINEZ

QUICK

BERUBE

So ?  hmmm dunno .... I think we need MORE ?  :dntk

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan
  • Like 1

i think LAK need one defender more, now they defence group is not in top 7 anymore, i think there is at least 5 team ahead of Kings in defence group, LAK has top 5 goalie and OK offencive group, biggest question mark is second line, can those young players take next step, if not then they are out of playoffs, lets remember that Kings have only Kopitar and Carter who is star players atm in offencive group, i think offencive group is outside of top 15 atm. They really need good second liner winger and third line center, to get better offensive lines, but as i say second line wingers are question mark, both can be point per players in future or they could be only 30 point players. Kings should buy out Brown too, LAK pay him too much and they need cap space. As i say in earlier, i think Kings will go in playoffs, but will dropp out in first or second round. Im sorry to say this Kings fan, but i just think so.

Von seems you like much poker /? 

Nope, how you think so mate?

Btw Buffalo and Colorado made big trade. O'Reilly and McGinn to Buffalo and Zadorov, Grigorenko and pics to Colorad, Zadorov is very talent player as is Grigerenko too, its not easy to say who is winner of this trade, Grigorenko needed trade, but Zadorov can be best player of this trade after 3 year. But now winner is Buffalo but in future i think winner will be Colorado.

NYR will not make new contract to St. Louis, Marty is one of my biggest idols ever, and i would be sooooooo happy if Wild sign him, now there is something what to dream next couple day :) Pls pls, Wild sign St. Louis, but i have feeling that he probably go to St. Louis Blues. But let see, always can hope :)

Edited by von Rantala

Closing contract with Dubnyk https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/6147856120848343046 year with 4 milj would be good. Im so excited when i waiting what kind contract we give to Dubnyk and will he take that. Click NHL site like every 15 min :P

Closing contract with Dubnyk https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/6147856120848343046 year with 4 milj would be good. Im so excited when i waiting what kind contract we give to Dubnyk and will he take that. Click NHL site like every 15 min :P

Isnt that overpaid for a guy who's only been good for one half of a season? What if he goes back to being bad? 6 years is a long time.

Isnt that overpaid for a guy who's only been good for one half of a season? What if he goes back to being bad? 6 years is a long time.

Yeah there is risks, but 4 milj not bad, it cant be buy out or trade more easily than example 4 year with 6 milj. I know that he ask a lot and he will get over 6 milj (from free agent market if he want) and i want to keep him, so i have to be satisfied if i get him for 4 milj only. Yes but before he played poor teams like Arizona and Edmonton.

Edited by von Rantala

Niemi Traded to Dallas and he is making contract with them https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/614821028087341057i dont know what happen to Lehtonen, EDM got Talbot, maybe they try get Lehtonen too, or maybe Lehtonen go to Sharks, or Wild if we not get Dubnyk to new contract.

I think Lehtonen is better goalie than Niemi, he was biggest reason why Dallas was in playoffs last season (2013-2014). But all know that Lehtonen dont like train so much, maybe poor season and long injury history and that he not so big fan of training was reasons why he lost his starter job in Dallas. But Lehtonen is still great goalie who can win Vezina, i think Dallas will make error if they trade Lehtonen.

YEAAAAAAAAH, we signed Dubnyk for 4,33 milj (per year) contract and 6 year, i have to say that i love this contract, reasons are simply, he would get at least 6 milj if he wanted to go free agent market, number one goalie salary is  at least 6 milj in these days, he gave us a lot sale to stay with us, he show to me and to us that he really wanted to stay us and was ready to take smaller salary to stay with us, this action from him make him more bigger favorite player in my eyes and and now he is my idol also, its long time when some player came to my idols, last is Brodin couple years ago. Thank you Dubnyk, ofc you say that there is risks, yes there is always risks, there was risks to pay 10 milj to Toews and Kane too, but if Dubnyk will be top 10 goalie next 4-5 year that contract will be one of best in NHL at least in Wild history, he always played poor teams before this era, so we cant know for sure how good is he, there is a lot stories in NHL history when change of NHL team light NHL career in new road and make them superstars, like Marty St. Louis, he was not star in Calgary, but was star after trade in Tampa Bay. If Dubnyk can be top 10 goalie next 4-5 year this will great contract, if he can win Vezina it will be even bigger win to our team. I love how he wanted to take so much out of his salary to stay with us.

Goalies who get at least 5 milj per year

Mike Smith 5,6

Pekka Rinne 7,0

Henrik Lundqvist 8,5

Cory Schneider 6,0

Semeyon Varlamov 5,9

Sergei Bobrovsky 7,4

Cam Ward 6,3

Tuukka Rask 7,0

Carey Price 6,5

Roberto Luongo 5,3

Jimmy Howard 5,3

Corey Crawford 6,0

Kari Lehtonen 5,9

Ben Bishop 5,9

Marc Andre-Fleury 5,7

Ryan Miller 6,0

Jonathan Quick 5,8

17 goalies get more than 5 milj per year (salary hit)

Edited by von Rantala

Wooow i have to say woow, i totally forget free agent open day, lool, i was sooooo busy yesterday that i didnt remember that today is free agent market day, i was already in bed trying to fell in sleep when i did remember that, it was my first time, when i forgot free agent day. I did wait that day like 15 day and click NHL site like 5-10 time per day and when free agent finally opened i totally forgot that, lol.

So i was little bit disappointed to see that Wild didnt take any free agents, (except Reilly), but St. Louis is still free, i so hope that we take him, i was so waiting to see that we take Beauchemin, but he play now in our biggest rival Colorado who i think will be back in playoffs in next year. I will make bigger losers and bigger winners post later, i had very busy day today too, and got only couple min to check site, and will be out of weekend when friend coming to visit. I still hope that we trade Vanek and sign St. Louis! There was not big surprise signations this time, but Kessel new adress make Pens cup challenger again, biggest question mark is Fleury. But let see. Kessel was Toronto best point man so i dont know why you didnt like Kessel, i ofc understand that he was not best teamplayer after fight with teammate and maybe that is reason why you Lefty are happy to see him traded, plus you got good defender and Kapanen is potential player, even that i think he will be max 40-50 player in his career. Let see i could be wrong.

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Biggests surprise was Oshie trade from St. Louis to Washington, i think Washington is way much bigger winner of this trade than St. Louis Blues, and i dont know why St. Louis Blues made this trade, Oshie has been one of best wingers of St. Louis blues for several seasons, maybe because he havent been productive in playoffs, but still Oshie move to Washington in line of Ovechinkin and Bäckström can make him over point per game player and he is very skillfull and i can see that line can be best line of NHL in next year, lets see, its all of chemistry, you can put Malkin, Ovechkin and Crosby to same line but that not mean that they would be best line of NHL. You need so much chemistry to be even top 10 line of NHL these days. But now St. Louis has traded Oshie and Perron and in my mind they dont have top 3 or maybe not even top 5 offensive group anymore.

Okey so my summary on trades and free agents signations.

First i have to say that i was surprised to see how Dallas didnt act almos at all in free agent market, they really needed defender in group and they are one line team, they dont get production from lines two or three so it was surprising to see that they didnt do anything in deadline, yes they have now best goalie duo, but thats not enough to go playoffs, and i think they will dropp out from playoffs in next season too. In my eyes Lehtonen is better goalie than Niemi so was surprising to see that they sign Niemi. Yes Dallas has most promising defenders, and Linden can be star player with Klingberg to them, and they have first round selection Honka coming to group too.

I was happy on signations what we made, first i wait that Wild take Green or someone else big defender from free agent market, but they i reallise that we didnt give a lot goals against in last year, and Dumba can take next step and be that big offensive key to us, and Scandella can be next Beauchemin, so im happy about our roster, plus we got Reilly in there too, i was happy to see how Dubnyk made new contract and i was equal happy to see that Granlund made his contract too, ofc i waited number center to us, but let see Granlund still can take that next step and Koivu can play comeback season.

I was sad to hear that Martin St. Louis retired, he is one of my biggest idols ever, and i was so happy when i followed him in Tampa when Niittymäki was playing there in 2009-2010. It was only season when i saw Marty playing for "my team".

Boston in my mind made big error when they change GM, Chiarelli is one of best in NHL, he was building great team what new GM broke now, Boston will not go playoffs in next year, they trade they future defender Hamilton to Calgary and didnt get anything back for the next season, boston make full re-build even that they was in stanley finals couple year ago, plus they defender group is now very light when Zhara is not in top 30 defender anymore. They press panic button for no reason.

Biggest Losers

New Jersey (didnt act at all)

Boston (trade several key players and didnt get anything back for next year(s))

New York Rangers (didnt act at all)

Dallas (didnt fix they weak points)

St. Louis (trade they top 3 player and didnt do anything about they goalie situation)

Biggest Winners

Detroit (Sign Richards and Green)

Pittsburght (trade Kessel to group)

Chicago (Got two most wanted europian league player to they group Artem Panari and Viktor Tikhonov, plus got good center from trade Anisimov)

Edmonton (got McDavid to they group)

Buffalo (make big trade and signations and got Eichel to group, and got second best free coatch, goalies will not enough for playoffs yet and defender group is question mark too, will not go in playoffs, but got a lot more skill to group)

Calgary, (made big trade and got Hamilton, and got Rämö back too, now they have one of most best young defender group and one of best defender group in overall also, will be in playoffs in next year also, goalie tandem is NHL second best)

Will start my NHL team news/ratings in end of august so i have enough time to do those, i have planned to take lines prediction out, instead i do 1 fantasy line (mean three best forward and two best defender and starting goalie), where i add all best from they spot, plus i add best young players in my prediction too, in that i use Pro Hockey magazine to help me and young players will mean those who has played in league max 2 year or not at all. In ratings i take Forwards group, defenders group and goalies as last year and add, special play(powerplay/penaltykill) and staff(GM/Coatch) From there i get my final predections of teams who go playoffs and who not. This time i dont make trophy prediction, because there would be so much my favorite players.

Edited by von Rantala