hitsounds bug

Cumquat

• Leader

Maybe you could /disconnect from a silent mod server and then select "mod" and start Jaymod before connecting to Jay1.  

This also(?) works for "can't pick anything up" in Jaymod, if you forget the other fix methods (as I have).

• Like 1

Maybe you could /disconnect from a silent mod server and then select "mod" and start Jaymod before connecting to Jay1.  

This also(?) works for "can't pick anything up" in Jaymod, if you forget the other fix methods (as I have).

i will try this,thanks!

• Clan Friend

it could be a config problem, make sure you have the correct settings in jaymod's config or autoexec, maybe some setting gets carried from silent's config when you switch from there, because you didn't set it explicitly in your autoexec

have you tried changing the cvar manually after you switch? in other words, is it a bug or it's something expected given the configs you have?

• Like 1

it could be a config problem, make sure you have the correct settings in jaymod's config or autoexec, maybe some setting gets carried from silent's config when you switch from there, because you didn't set it explicitly in your autoexec

have you tried changing the cvar manually after you switch? in other words, is it a bug or it's something expected given the configs you have?

i dont even know what the cvar is,i also use the same config on every mod

i have seen players ask on hardcore about the same thing but they were coming from other mods to silent

Check if /cg_hitsounds is on 1 and /cg_hitmode on 4 . If I remember well I had the same problem just because of those 2 cvars. 

Th3o

• Like 1

• Leader

I did a few experiments, checking for 

Check if /cg_hitsounds is on 1 and /cg_hitmode on 4 . If I remember well I had the same problem just because of those 2 cvars. 

I did a few experiments testing this.

If I start ET and go directly to FA-silent1, then entering "cg_h" in console and pressing tab shows no cg_hitmode. 

/cg_hitDirection = 1
/cg_headSounds = 3
/cg_hitSoundType = 0
/cg_hitSounds = 1

/connect jay1.clan-fa.com from Silent 1 and tabbing cg_h returns  (among others)

cg_hitmode = 4
  cg_hitDirection = 1
  cg_headSounds = 3
  cg_hitSoundType = 0
  cg_hitSounds = 1

If I restart ET and go to Jay1, the same cvars show the same values.

The only time that cg_hitmode shows when tabbing cg_h in Silent is when I have just come from a Jaymod.

Connect to Silent1 from Jay1

cg_hitmode = 4
cg_hitDirection = 1
cg_headSounds = 3
cg_hitSoundType = 0
cg_hitsounds = 1

cg_hitmode was 4 when I then connected back to Jay1 from Silent1

cg_hitsounds = 1 should allow all sounds, 0 no sounds, 2 headshots only (Legacy project adds 8 no body hits)

The Silent mod manual shows this:
cg_hitSoundType = 0,UserDef 1,Silent 2,ETPro 3,ETPro  

Note:  searching my ETmain\profiles\name\etconfig returns nothing for "cg_h", nor for "hit", and only soundmixahead for "sound".  Searching my Jaymod\profiles-etconfig finds all of them, including the one from Silent.

From this short experiment, it appears that cvars from mods can be saved into other mods' etconfigs.

BUT, I did not find any corruption of he the "/cg_hitsounds is on 1 and /cg_hitmode on 4", but that may just mean that it is an intermittent problem (the very worst kind).

Note that I did not join teams and play on each server and was only on each one briefly.