Wolfenstein - The new Order (My Review?)

Chameleon

Well, first off, I bought the game mostly out of nostalgia, even though the last one was a big old crap fest. First things first, the install was incredibly long, I mean it took so long to install, I actually wrote a chapter in my new book.  So anyway, I finally get through the install, and it's time to take this puppy for a test run.  At the main screen, as I always do, I went straight to key bindings to setup the controls, since I have always used the arrow keys, and the surrounding ones to play, and almost all games are setup for "wasd" keys.  Getting that done was a breeze, very easy.  I left all other settings on default, like video/audio and so on.

I start up a new game, and take off.  The first few moments into the game I got very excited, the cinematic presentation was amazing, and the graphics were on par with anything I have seen to date.  For the first 5 to 8 minutes you are given menial tasks, as sort of a tutorial, without actually calling it a tutorial.  I don't really wanna say what goes on, since it is part of the story line, and I don't wanna drop any spoilers.  Lets just say you are given tasks, which force you to use the interact button, crouch and so on.  I was at this point, still very optimistic.

And then it happened, my characters feet hit the ground, and actual gameplay happened.  It all hit the crapper.  The actual gameplay is horrible, slow moving, and sluggish.  The controls felt so lose, and drifty, and it may have just been me, but the response time was oddly weird or behind.  Though there are lots of thing going on around you that make you really feel like you are in a battle for your life, the gameplay quickly took you out of it.  For those of you who played the last Duke Nukem game (Which was a total piece of garbage) you will understand.

I tried hard to get into this game, I really liked the story line, but every time there was gameplay involved, it took me right out of the story.  My best advice, is to stay away from this horrible game, save your money, maybe buy Titanfall, or another game of your choice.  I know there are some die hard fans out there (Like me) who just for nostalgia's sake will have to give it a try, but don't say I didn't warn you..

Graphics - 5/5

Audio - 4/5

Controls - 1/5

Story - 4/5

Recommended Gaming Rig

64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8

Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
4 GB System RAM
50 GB free hard drive space
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, AMD Radeon HD 6850

Or you can use this link and check your machine to see if it can even run it: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/wolfenstein-the-new-order/12119/?p=r
  • Like 6

Ohhh just like that nothing like hijacking this thread but I don't know from somehow I got this game in my mind  so thought of telling  if sombody have not played  .. its Project IGI   its quite good game like Return to Castle wolfenstein, but more enjoyable.

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 2

I actually liked the last Wolfenstein and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like this one once I play it.

It never gets old to destroy Nazis with overpowered weapons.

I must be weird then!

I enjoyed it. Story was great! graphics were pretty! I also enjoyed the gameplay :P

Controls can be a little off but it's not that bad. I had more fun using a controller. I enjoyed the mix of action and stealth. It was fun!

Then again, I also enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever too ;) While not in tune to classic installments, it did have its charm. :)

Maybe there's something wrong with me. >.>

• Like 3

I must be weird then!

I enjoyed it. Story was great! graphics were pretty! I also enjoyed the gameplay :P

Controls can be a little off but it's not that bad. I had more fun using a controller. I enjoyed the mix of action and stealth. It was fun!

Then again, I also enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever too ;) While not in tune to classic installments, it did have its charm. :)

Haha nothing wrong with you at all.. I was just giving my opinions and thoughts.. Everyone has their thing they like.. I didn't enjoy Duke Nukem, or this latest Wolfenstein, but that doesn't mean other people wont.. I enjoy seeing other peoples take on games anyway :D

I was so disappointed at last Wolf that didn´t even consider to try this one but if you say its nostalgic and Duke Nukem´s last installment then I´d have to give it a try. Liked last Duke.

OT: yeah Procject IGI and 2, first game online for me.

OT: yeah Procject IGI and 2, first game online for me.

I don't know if multiplayer is there, I use to play it single player like return to castle

• Like 1

I just started playing Saturday. The install is long, 40.7GB total space.

But I personally am enjoying it. The storyline is pretty cool, and the gameplay isn't bad. I have an older video card (GTS450), and only had some choppyness in the very beginning loading/credit graphic stuff.

Not having multiplayer is strange, but I personally am enjoying the game. Plus some sex scenes too ;) The violence level is pretty high, but I've also seen worse in games.

• Like 3

I must be weird then!

This, I really enjoyed the game! 8/10 for me.

Awesome, I am glad most all of you enjoyed the game :D  I just couldn't get into it.. Maybe on a second play through..