Proteins....

Midnight

Optimum Nutrition is typically considered the best when considering flavor and price per serving. Whey is a fast acting protein, best taken around workout time (before/after). Casein is a slow acting protein, best taken before sleep or at meals.

Exactly. 

Amazon or bodybuilding.com have these. If going to bodybuilding.com Google search for a birthday discount code. They also have a ton of info on their forums about exercises. There is a ton of info on supplements, but in actuality, most are not worth it... 

• Like 1

Oh and if you want something tough don't do a Spartan race do a Tough Mudder

I follow both on Facebook and was going to do a Spartan later this month for my Bday in Utah, but my teammates pooped. I've never done a race, but always wanted to. So you would rate a Tough Mudder higher then a Spartan?

This is a protein shake that my friend posted. He is the owner of Synergy Fitness Camps and a personal trainer competing in several IBFF.

1 cup of organic(non GMO) coconut, almond milk.

1 cup of mixed frozen blueberry, strawberry and blackberry(I use 365 Organic)

1/4 cup of rolled oats(I use 1/2 cup of Gluten free Bobs Red Mill)

2 big teaspoons of natural Peanut Butter(I use Skippy Natural super chunk)

1 organic banana

1 teaspoon of whole ground Chia Seed(I use Bobs Red Mill)

3 dashes of Cinnamon

Directions:

Very simple, pour in milk first followed by the berries.  Most of the berries are blue and I fill it until it stands even with the milk.  Next pour in the rolled oats followed by the banana, cinnamon, chia seed and peanut butter. Turn on your blender and liquify for about a minute.

Nutrition:

No need to worry this is the perfect breakfast.

There you have it folks, quick, easy and extremely healthy.  Make it big enough and you have breakfast for the entire family.  Only takes about 5-10 minutes to make.  Don't worry about all the sugar from the fruit, you will have burned it off by the afternoon.  Plus the best time to absorb all the anti-oxidants from fruit is in the morning.  If you workout, I add my protein mix in with the shake.  I find that a Banana Protein mix tastes the best with the berry, peanut butter mix.  This shake is so yummy, I hop out of bed every morning just to go get my hands on it;)

Enjoy and"Spread The Love"

• Administrators

So don't do the ginger/turmeric when you are taking protein shakes? Or can they be done the same day?

Also is that reg milk you are talking about with the fruits?

What I mean is you can take this while taking protein shakes to balance out and then it's up to you to continue or not. 

Yup regular milk i.e. anything made from cow, buffalo, goat etc milk.... Same goes for yogurt. Cheese is fine. 

Ginger and turmeric are healthy things and you can consume half  to full table spoon daily through out whole life without any single issue.

• Like 1

What I mean is you can take this while taking protein shakes to balance out and then it's up to you to continue or not. 

Yup regular milk i.e. anything made from cow, buffalo, goat etc milk.... Same goes for yogurt. Cheese is fine. 

Ginger and turmeric are healthy things and you can consume half  to full table spoon daily through out whole life without any single issue.

Okay fantastic! Will stop at the store tonight to grab some. Also lucky me cannot consume anything dairy without severe consequences, so I'll stay away. 

I follow both on Facebook and was going to do a Spartan later this month for my Bday in Utah, but my teammates pooped. I've never done a race, but always wanted to. So you would rate a Tough Mudder higher then a Spartan?

Yes I have done 2 Spartans and 3 Tough Mudders and by far Tough Mudder is hardest'

• Like 1

If you are not training for professional sports I highly recommend you stop consuming weigh proteine. Reason being (a) as others have written above it can become very unhealthy (B) it is bloody expensive and © it is a pure myth that "conventional" food lacks the amounts of proteine you need. Also, no one truly needs meat. I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but the argument that the human body needs meat is complete rubbish! With globalisation the variety of groceries you can buy in your local shop supplies you with more than you need.

==> Train hard, don't forget/get lazy on cardio(!!!), eat well, fresh and as much as you like. As a result will be strong, happy, healthy.

I say this having played rugby at a competitive level, amongst others in South Africa where they make the boys especially big :o Weigh proteine was not used or needed there. It is something professionals consider when they have extremely tight training schedules (not even during seasons, mostly this is true for pre-season and preparation phases for big tournaments) and not much rest periods. Medically speaking this scenario is NOT HEALTHY! It is a necessity for those guys since they earn their living with it.

• Like 1