Titanfall

Chameleon

Got this game last night but it keeps crashing for me after 5 minutes. Drivers are updated. I don't know what's wrong.

Post a screenshot. This will give us more to work off of.

Got G3 and forced to play plasmagun:P Is there a way to get even 1 kill with this gun? Usually I could take 3 titans in good position and doom at least 1, now can´t get a kill even when its 3 vs 1. Don´t get this gun at all...any good tactics with it? I figured its long range sniper with ogre and shieldwall but doesn´t work.

Is the plasmagun the titan weapon? Ans is it the one that is long and rectangular? If so the best way to use it is aim down sight as it loads bursts with a lot of power. This will do damage. Generally there are 4 bursts in the gun from long range, about three when aimed down sight. As well ,use smoke, not shield for the weapon. And I put this weapon on a stryder, because it is less powerful then say chaingun and arc cannon. Stryder has three strides plus unlimited strides when you get overcharge. shoot and get out fast!

I don't know which screen exactly to post. The game will run fine and it'll just close out like it was never open. Checked the event viewer and found nothing.

Have you tried lowering graphics in game? Run the game as admin? Disable Origin overlay. And the best advice from EA forums: redownload the game, yeah I know, right?;)

Whats the temps of your PC?(HWmonitor)

Well I thought as plasmagun has on paper damage maxed out, it should work as one-two shot sniper but in reality its most underpowered gun in there. So I tried Stryded chassis and it worked better.

Well I thought as plasmagun has on paper damage maxed out, it should work as one-two shot sniper but in reality its most underpowered gun in there. So I tried Stryded chassis and it worked better.

What is paper damage?

Yeah I found that the lighter chassis allows you to move faster and give ample time to recharge the plasma. I've been playing with this gun every time to improve the use, but I agree it is not the most powerful gun. There are several things to remember when using this gun:

1. Use the stryder chassis so you can get away fast and recharge.

2. Use the smoke. This will help you get away and allow for recharge.

3. If you grab the salvo rockets you are guaranteed a hit.

4. The plasma gun has long range efficiency but , it is a straight shot. So it is really ineffective for moving titans, so try flanking. This will give you the advantage.

These combined will provide a more powerful and accurate plasma railgun.

Damage on paper- when checking the gun details, plasmagun is only one with max damage. But as theres no big difference I switched to rapid mode enhancmeant and stryder type chassis really helped, just hit n run.

The challenges add some fun as I wouldn´t never tried plasmagun anymore...

• 2 weeks later...

So got myself an SSD big enough to install Titanfall on it in hope it would reduce map loading times. FAIL. Still about 25s, and if I check CPU\GPU performance then theres still about 20% headroom... The strange thing is, read times are still under 100MB\s but write times are over 200... Whadahell is this game doing? Oh well checking google now I discovered I´m not only one with high loading times with Titanfall on SSD, even when ping is 50ms.

Btw gen 4 and charge rifle is on challenge list, another one I hate;) But strangly enough plasma+stryder is one of my favourite combinations now:P

• Like 2

So got myself an SSD big enough to install Titanfall on it in hope it would reduce map loading times. FAIL. Still about 25s, and if I check CPU\GPU performance then theres still about 20% headroom... The strange thing is, read times are still under 100MB\s but write times are over 200... Whadahell is this game doing? Oh well checking google now I discovered I´m not only one with high loading times with Titanfall on SSD, even when ping is 50ms.

Btw gen 4 and charge rifle is on challenge list, another one I hate;) But strangly enough plasma+stryder is one of my favourite combinations now:P

The plasma rifle, yikes I hate that thing lol..  I am in the last few challenges of gen7, I gotta say it is one of the easier Gens..

Nice ping. I dream of days when I can get a ping that good.

I just assumed that the map loading times were part of the game and that mine were longer because of my poor connection to the internet. I'm so happy that you like that combo, because I find it to be one of the best. :)

Titanfall is 50% off atm, if any1 interested and new map pack out.

Nice new features: "Black Market", just love it how much Respawn dedicates to keeping this game updated, in fact I see it first time.

Also how many credit points any of you had?

Titanfall is 50% off atm, if any1 interested and new map pack out.

Nice new features: "Black Market", just love it how much Respawn dedicates to keeping this game updated, in fact I see it first time.

Also how many credit points any of you had?

What do mean by Black Market? And the season pass is on sale so I bought that today. Also do you mean Origin points when you say credit points?

Anyone going to get the new map pack?

Yes. I bought the season pass and it was giving me hell telling me that I did not own the maps. I had to restart, refresh I don't know how many times before it installed.

I might get the season pass just to give back on the awesome support from Respawn. Incubus did you check the game after update? :) I was talking about Titanfall new features;)

Yes, I saw what you meant after I logged in. Now I wish they had the black market when they first started the game. I would have made bank!

Got to play this morning. So... weird o.O

BUT!! I was doing pretty good for a newbie :) I kept running around and murdering titans with my rocket launcher. :D AND! I couldn't stop giggling at the fact melee is soooooo effective. I kept sprinting at people and kicking them while yelling THIS IS SPARTA. You would think that being able to take so many bullets...that people could survive a kick to the chest. <_<

Can't wait to play more tonight. Attrition is fun!

• Like 2