Building my first pc (eventually)

ronaldounit0

For CoD4 (obviously it's the main game you play, right?) the i3 would be the better choice as it fits comfortably in the budget and offers great performance. But I stick to Jacker's build. It may not be the best of the best per part, but all around it's a great system for your budget. The FX6300 is a great processor and from what I can tell it's the go-to budget processor. Coupled with something like an R7-260(X) you'll easily be playing CoD4 on max settings with great frame-rates.

Here's a build list I put together: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i37b a hair over $500 but definitely a good build. Even got a 500W PSU in so you'll have plenty of room to work with.

Also, you can get an OS for $20-ish. Not completely sure on the methods used for the people that sell the keys but if you're interested I'll give you the link in a PM. That's what I did to get Windows 8.1 for $15 :)

• Like 1

AMD chipsets doesn´t have PCI express 3.0 support yet and it would affect the sytem at high end GPUs anyways, not with graphic cards we can afford;) Was just thinking that if in same price range one mobo has USB 3.0 in front panel(case has to support it in front panel also but if money comes first then just grab some 25$ case which fits GPU) and PCI-E 3.0 then go with the better one ofc, but no biggie if not.

Also one thing to check on mobos is built in audio and Zezombies build seems to have it all besides PCI-E 3.0(AMD chipset ofc).

Checked Asrock 970 pro on newegg and  page is full of reviews of dead motherboards and burning up the CPU also. Now I remember reading that cheap motherboards don´t have sufficient cooling built on motherboard and also parts are less reliable. In conclusion cheap mobos burn up with energy hungry AMD CPUs and destroying other parts with it. I´m not saying it can´t happen with i3\i5 but as the latter ones draw less power they heat things up less also... One thing to consider.

Also when picking up parts I run them up in Newegg and filter with "lowest rated first". Gives a general idea how reliable parts are.

• Like 1

I think I've decided to go intel (I don't need as much multitasking, more for just gaming or just school stuff), so this would typically draw less power? Can I decrease the power supply then? 

Depends on what kind of graphics card you take...

Okay, I'm going to have to look up some nice combinations then haha Thanks for answering all of my questions, it's a huge help! 

Well if you wanted to go with FX 6300 you could try Gigabyte or Asus AM3+ mobos but didn´t find any in 50-75$ price range in newegg. Only open box products, whatever that means.

• Like 1

Well if you wanted to go with FX 6300 you could try Gigabyte or Asus AM3+ mobos but didn´t find any in 50-75$ price range in newegg. Only open box products, whatever that means.

Like this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CMHAqKG0uL0CFYN0Ogod3EYAYQ&Item=N82E16813131942&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-AMD+Motherboards-_-N82E16813131942&ef_id=Uw50ZAAABBxIuPE-:20140329184838:s