Do You Have Questions About ET That You Never Wanted To Ask?

HecKler

can I run 125fps when my monitor render is lower?

Yes you can, but if you run lets say at 60hz with 125 or more fps you will get tearing lines. Sometimes it's also a certain combination of hz/fps. With 100hz/100fps you will get horrible tearing lines, with 120hz/125fps not, don't ask me why :P 120hz/200fps/250fps works also pretty good. Some will say that more fps than hz is useless, that's not really true. It won't influence the frames drawn on screen but the game will feel more smooth and responsive when comparing 125fps to 250fps. 125fps is one update (of player positions and input devices) every 8ms where 250 fps is one update every 4ms.

Just try some combinations till it feels smooth with no or minimal tearing, and also consider the cl_maxpackets setting which is influenced by fps.

I noticed that at Quake Live where they changed the maxfps setting to 250 with a recent update (before it was locked to 125). Also the cl_maxpackets setting works with 125 max (forced to 63 min) and snaps forced at 40. It feels so much more smooth and hitable compared to ET. I hope the guys at ET:Legacy or ET:Live will also do it with ET :P

Edited by S3ti
  • Like 2

• Clan Friend

But actually.. how can I increase the storage of console? That's something I really need.

you can't. but you can enable logging and read etconsole.log

if yuo do:

seta logfile "1"

(2 instead of 1 will flush after every write afaik, so if the game crashes or you want to go to your desktop and read etconsole.log you might find it more up to date)

• Like 2

Does FA have a way of determining  how many times axis or allies win each map?

I think it's written near the name of the TEAM when you check with TAB the PRW !

Gonna take a SS to show you -if what I say is right-

9q4u.png

Winning Rate Pourcentage => means the average btw all your loss and wins.

For example, if you got PRW 0.500 = you win 1 map, you loose 1 map

It's calculated with the time you spent on the map and the win (increase the prw +) or loss of your team (decrease the prw -) at the end of this map.

Good for objective player :)

P.S : even if you try changing team at the end because you know you're on the loosing one and you want to be on the winning one, it won't affect much, because the PRW is calculated on the whole map, so you'd still have a negativ one !

I think there might be even more to it than that. I have gotten messages after maps that say something like "Player Rating Change - HERO +.010,"  and actually gotten 0.01 added to my PRW. That has happened on maps where I did almost all of the objective. So maybe it gives bonuses for certain things?

My PRW on hardcore use to be .840ish and I know there is NO WAY I ever won 84% of the maps, and I always try to join the needy team, or allies if teams are even. I think the reason it got that high is my love for document running.

Also, I think I have hit some weird mathematical barrier on my PRW, it only goes down now, even when I win multiple maps in a row, haha. I have won 3-4 straight, cappings docs on a few of them, and had my PRW go down by a few points, heh. Don't  care, I just think all the stat counters are sort of nonsense. 

I saw that too, sometimes you win a map too fast and it's then considering as a +0.00 for winers, and -0.00 for losers^^
It might happen when the game auto-think teams were uneven?

And for the HERO thing, it happens to ALL PLAYERS, even non-objectiv one, especially when it's your first map ! It's a good question, i've no clue why !

Ah, that's weird then. Oh well, its all just more reasons to ignore player stats.  B)

+1

Ah, that's weird then. Oh well, its all just more reasons to ignore player stats.  B)

Personally, I never go by player stats. Some of the best players have lower KDR than the 'best' players that spend their time camping and ramboing the whole map. Some people equate being the highest fragger with the best players. ET is more about teamwork and the obj for me and not just straightforward slaughter. :)

• Like 1

Do you know that you can see through smoke if you're under water?

Haha thats awesome, never knew that. Now I'm going to be swimming all around whenever theres water on map trying to make that useful.

Here's a question I've thought of. I remember in the olden times being able to control the direction of an airstrike by facing a certain way, but I notice the double airstrikes on silent pub servers (or all pub mod?) can go in 2 different directions, sometimes making a + sign sort of. Can I control that? Seems like making the second one perpendicular to the first would be very handy.

Here's a question I've thought of. I remember in the olden times being able to control the direction of an airstrike by facing a certain way, but I notice the double airstrikes on silent pub servers (or all pub mod?) can go in 2 different directions, sometimes making a + sign sort of. Can I control that? Seems like making the second one perpendicular to the first would be very handy.

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/350-airstrikes-artillery-in-wolfenstein-enemy-territory/ :)

Well, it doesn't cover that question particularly, but it's also random. Assuming roughly a 20° degree spread on both lines from the center of rotation it could cover a maximum 40°- 45° degree angle. Getting a 90° degree angle for both lines isn't possible I guess, since it would probably also hit you then.

oh about water, why can you see through water on venice but not on warbell? just map related i guess

Yes it's map related, textures can be altered with shaders to make them move or partially transparent and so on...

Edited by S3ti
  • Like 3

Haha thats awesome, never knew that. Now I'm going to be swimming all around whenever theres water on map trying to make that useful.

Good point! I remember that from the old RTCW days and even now I still try doing the same thing when I throw AS (never works tho).