iPad

Higgeo

Hey what do you guys and girls know about the iPad? Is it good or just another product that apple wants you to buy?

Pros:

Interface is extremely similar to the iPhone/iPod Touch. This means that most of the 50 million odd owners of one of these devices should be able to pick it up and go.

The App Store is the iPad’s single biggest strength. No company has a finer base of programs (or nearly as many) available to its end users. Apparently 140,000 or so of those App Store programs will be able to be loaded up right away on the upcoming iPad.

Large screen. In fact, its 10 inches makes it larger than most netbook screens, portable DVD players and mobile video game players.

10 hour battery life is pretty decent.

Big developer buy-in – It was good to see both Gameloft and EA demo their stuff during today’s presentation.

Ability to read books, newspapers and magazines in a simple format.

Built in speaker and microphone.

Cons:

No multitasking. In fact, its Safari browser seemingly doesn’t support multiple websites being pulled up

No flash. Flash is a major part of the web. Without it being included, you will likely be missing a lot.

No removable battery. When it dies completely, so does the iPad.

It’s too big to easily carry in one hand. 1.5 pounds can weigh you down after an hour or so of reading.

Questionable endurance. How long can a device that only weighs 1.5 pounds take abuse? One of its selling points is that kids could use this for their textbooks in school. I don’t think I am going to allow Little Bobby Butterfingers near this $500 piece of technology.

No HDMI port, no camera, no built in phone

Screen does not use 16:9 aspect ratio (as many videos now are) resulting in a black box on each side when they are played.

No multitasking, no flash, no removable battery? thats all i need to hear not to buy it. Not worth the $500, i can get something better with that money.

Edited by gigabyte

In my eyes the Ipad is just 4 Iphones/Ipod-touch and sticked together with some ducktape..

.No multitasking, no flash, no removable battery? thats all i need to hear not to buy it. Not worth the $500, i can get something better with that money.

Fully agree with you,I prefer have a nice mini/16inch laptop instead of the ipad..

way more options exept for the touchscreen,but that doesnt bother me..

I blame the iphone OS. Everything runs on either Windows or Mac, but iphone? Nothing. Most useless shit you can put on a computer =D. Unless you really like buying iphone apps

Its just great :) i also have i phone thats great to and about applications there is so mutch free you can fill 2 i phones with it :) and music you can upload from your computer or cd ? but my pockets arnt big enough for ipad . o and btw i dont have apple computer cos apple is to expensive with selling all her stuf but i phone is just a must have for noobs like me .And dont compare it with a netbook on a ipad you can do everithing 5 times as fast you can compare it with a 12 inch laptop off 800 :).

Its just great :) i also have i phone thats great to and about applications there is so mutch free you can fill 2 i phones with it :) and music you can upload from your computer or cd ? but my pockets arnt big enough for ipad . o and btw i dont have apple computer cos apple is to expensive with selling all her stuf but i phone is just a must have for noobs like me .And dont compare it with a netbook on a ipad you can do everithing 5 times as fast you can compare it with a 12 inch laptop off 800 :).

hahaha i rather just stick to my iphone until they release a more advanced iPad with an actual system =). 16 gigs for 500 dollars isn't a good deal at all

If the iPad didn't use the iPhone OS i would probably get it. The only reason I would want to use the iPad is for drawing tools, flash and photoshop. Since the iPhone OS system can't support any of those except the most basic paint drawing tools, it was a big disappointment to me D=. I am the multimedia type of guy and since Apple usually makes the best multimedia tools, this is a big step back.

Lol i feel like they ruin a perfectly good piece of hardware using a phone OS on a tablet/laptop, limiting the possibilities of what it can do D=. I don't think you'll like the iPad that much. It isn't even a real computer and doesn't support any software that is Windows or Mac compatible. Heck it can't even multitask. Even a windows 95 or old school mac computer can multitask. You can only open 1 program at a time !

But you know that is my two cents. I got the iPhone so I don't really need something that can do the same thing again.