iPad

Higgeo

umm is that real?

no. Well not theoretically. The name was actually considered by apple (probably not for the ipad though. But hey the ipad is super super similar to iphones =D). The picture though was just fan art from someone.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont find iPad very different from iPod Touch which i already have...i really wouldnt want to go for something so big which would be difficult to carry...

I think the iPad has promise, but like everyone else has pointed out that the lack of muti-tasking is a deal breaker. I understand Apples reasons for limiting the amount of apps open at the same time, so the phone/device doesn't end up with a bunch of shit running in the background and killing performance. Still I think there should have been some kind of compromise on how many apps you can access at once vs. only 1 app open at a time.

The removable battery I'm still up in the air on. On one hand it helps them cram more battery in with less resistance than a conventional battery setup which results in better power/life, but on the other hand who the hell wants to buy something that might only last for a year or two (supposedly 5)..and then you toss it in the iLandfill.

It seems to be that Apple is going more for the e-book market, which the ability to have a bunch of magazines (in color), newspapers (in color) and books on 1 device instead of taking up shelf space is kind of cool. I've played with a Kindle and can honestly say I'd rather just read a real book than have to tote that paperweight around. At least books are biodegradable.

Now if they could just get some video embedded into my issues of snowboarder magazine I'd be stoked.

Still probably wouldn't buy it though. It'll be interesting to see what happens in a few months. I thought the iphone was a joke at first as well, but at least it lit a fire under the asses of cell companies and manufactures alike.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. The only problem with my iPhone is that the screen is too small when browsing the web. Otherwise, it's simple, convenient, easy to use and I can carry it around with me everywhere and have access to 3G internet. With the iPad, they fixed my major problem with the iPhone which the small screen. Now I can carry a device with a large screen that has the same simple UI with touch interface as the iPhone. It's bigger than an iPhone, but I can carry it's light and thin and I can easily carry it in my backpack. With 3G, I have internet access anywhere. You don't have to open it up, wait for it to boot, etc. It turns on instantly. The only major problem I have with it is that it doesn't support Flash though. That's a major limitation.

• 1 month later...

I mean....what would you do with a phone that big o.O

Unless...it's not a phone :o

THEN THAT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME.

But retarded at the same time.. :o

? are you just trolling to boost your post count, or did I drink so much tonight your post makes little to no sense only to me ?

The iPad would be great, IF it was a little bigger so that the keyboard was full size and if you could write documents, make powerpoint presentations, and connect it to other computer screens/projectors.