"Internet Explorer has stopped working...."

Ol Smoke

Here is what the error looks like when I tried to start COD4 multiplayer.  It looks the same when I try to open IE, only the wording is different.

2vv2eyb.jpg

When IE crashes click on "View problem details" and copy paste it here. Event Viewer provides the same details.

looks like memory... you can test your memory the following way:

if you have two memory bars take one out and see if system runs more stable.

if not put it back in and and take the other bar out for some time.

In case your system runs more stable with just one memory bar, the one you had outside has an issue.

redy.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally found a solution to this problem,   I hope.  It hasn't done this for almost two weeks now since I made the following change.

I read this fix on the internet, and so far, so good.

I changed the renderer on Internet Explorer from hardware to software.  It seems that some GPU's try to change the look of IE or any other internet program

when using the hardware driver for the graphics card.  The one thing that I did read about was that this problem only shows up on Nvidia cards.

It only affects the front section of the internet access and does not affect game play.  At least that is what the guy said.

I haven't seen any problems with COD4 at all, since I changed it.

• Like 1

• Leader

I changed the renderer on Internet Explorer from hardware to software. 

I checked my IE9 to make sure you meant like in the screen-cap below and not the GPU controls.

post-8926-0-72170200-1392667794_thumb.jpg  If the function is provided then MS has had problems like this before.

You would think that Nvidia would have provided a fix by now. 

I checked my IE9 to make sure you meant like in the screen-cap below and not the GPU controls.

attachicon.gifSmokin'SoftRenderIE9.JPG  If the function is provided then MS has had problems like this before.

You would think that Nvidia would have provided a fix by now. 

Yeah that is where I changed it.

• 2 weeks later...

IE = full of bugs and is one of the worst browsers you can use.

Stay with firefox or google chrome.

Good example of this ;)

qn0geb.png

• Administrators

IE = full of bugs and is one of the worst browsers you can use.

Stay with firefox or google chrome.

Good example of this ;)

qn0geb.png

Clearly someone is still stuck in the early 2000's.

Clearly someone is still stuck in the early 2000's.

Early 2000's? You may wanna do some research. :)

It comes down to preferences and what you like, all browsers give different features. With Chrome I've never had a problem, where as with IE its a constant factor of problems. I don't use windows 8, and I haven't used any of the new IE which are available. Whether they have improved or not with their browser is beyond me, so I can't give my two cents on that. However, the versions I have tried in the past were just down right horrible.

• Administrators

Early 2000's? You may wanna do some research. :)

It comes down to preferences and what you like, all browsers give different features. With Chrome I've never had a problem, where as with IE its a constant factor of problems. I don't use windows 8, and I haven't used any of the new IE which are available. Whether they have improved or not with their browser is beyond me, so I can't give my two cents on that. However, the versions I have tried in the past were just down right horrible.

You clearly don't know what I do for a living. Its related to the topic. If you are not up to date with tech or as you point in your own post don't use a specific browser you are least qualified to give advice on which browser is better.

Why would I need to know what you do for a living? That's off-topic imo, and I honestly don't care what you do for a living, each our own man, no judging. I'm also giving my 2 cents, whether anyone takes it or not is up to them. Clearly with you it's upsetting that I input my own advice. If you think it's wrong, that's fine, no need to bash me about it though.

• Administrators

Why would I need to know what you do for a living? That's off-topic imo, and I honestly don't care what you do for a living, each our own man, no judging. I'm also giving my 2 cents, whether anyone takes it or not is up to them. Clearly with you it's upsetting that I input my own advice. If you think it's wrong, that's fine, no need to bash me about it though.

How can you give unbiased advice when you don't even use the software? See where I am going with this? Clearly you are another moron that can't read. This is a support thread not offer your advice thread.

As mentioned before, they can use my "unbiased advice" if they want to, If not then that's fine with me. 

Also, as an Administrator shouldn't you just tell me that this section is for support instead of calling a new member a moron?

Any advice is good advice, whether you use the information or not is up to you.

• Administrators

I would have hoped that people reading the topic would have the comprehension and understanding rather then me having to tell them what it is. People that give bad advice and lack reading comprehension will be called out. Simple as that. I choose the terms of endearment as I please, noone is forcing you to browse my forums. I am locking this thread as this is not an e-peen competition but a support thread. Smoke if you need any help you can always contact me directly.

• Like 9