*ReVeRZe*..!?

Hello folks. This might be ridiculous, but ..

Lately I have been learning to trickjump. And I'm really bad at it :lol

Together with hitman we had quite fun and failed xD

After kept trying i was able to trickjump a little at easy paste.

Maybe as an idea. I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

Also heard from couple of regulars on our servers.

To add a trickjump server. You'd be able to trickjump whenever u are bored of battle or when u suck like me u could learn.

It's just an idea and i'd like to hear the opinion of everybody on this.

Kind regards,

skindoo

• Like 4

it is an interesting idea, the issue is that it often does not have a lot of players, and there are a lot of servers around that already are pure trickjump.

if there will be a server for trickjumping there will have to be different maps, based on difficulty though.

a map suggestion that i trained on are mr.men gamma jumps and gamma_mill_b2 :)

• Like 2

it is an interesting idea, the issue is that it often does not have a lot of players, and there are a lot of servers around that already are pure trickjump.

if there will be a server for trickjumping there will have to be different maps, based on difficulty though.

a map suggestion that i trained on are mr.men gamma jumps and gamma_mill_b2 :)

Tried gamma mill today. i can do 2 jumps only :(

• Like 1

gamma mill is not easy, mr.men gamma jumps are the starter jumps, and I trained an awfull lot on those and probably cant even do them anymore. would be cool to pick it up again and see how well I would do :P

You stated in your OP that you would like to see trickjump maps on FA servers, but what server are you thinking about then?

And i don't think it's going to happen that FA pays for another server which is empty 98% of the time, if not even more.

Besides which is already stated above, there are tons of other trickjump servers.

Anyway good luck with practicing your jumping as it is not an easy skill to master :P

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

gamma mill is not easy, mr.men gamma jumps are the starter jumps, and I trained an awfull lot on those and probably cant even do them anymore. would be cool to pick it up again and see how well I would do :P

on gamma mill you have many jumps taken from other maps, if I remember well, easy and hard ones.

and on mrmen there are some (semi?) hard ones too (at least for me) for example 5->4->3->2->1 crossjump (made it only once in my life, but I guess a pro gammajumper can do it after a couple of attempts)

maybe an idea could be to put a trickjump config on etpro server + one gammajump map (not too big download possibly) you can't put a gammajump map in a normal server, because you need to set it up properly and it would make no sense in any case

if instead of gammajumps you want to practice regular ones, etpro server is always an option because you can vote the map you like, today there was a good trickjumper who showed us some sick jumps on several maps (supply radar, delivery, adler...)

• Platinum VIP

Well... If we could have save and load command in warm up on ETPro server it would allready be really nice

• Clan Friend

etpro = different votable configs,

so adding tj config with pmove_fixed 1 and no b_fixedphysics + a lua mod with load save !iwant, etc. etc. would be a piece of cake.

Plus the server is not always full, and doing some jumps while waiting for someone to connect is a nicer way to 'kill time' instead of going to spec.

But I see a (possibly big) problem: what if players connect and they want to frag, so they vote for frag config, and those who want to jump vote no? There is a problem already when people don't like many maps and all votes fail, I don't want to imagine such a scenario.

• Clan Friend

could it be enabled on non busy hours in pro server? hmmm maybe not cause it needs server restart?

Masa_1964

what you say can be made with lua (changing the allowed configs based on time of the day), but I think it's more a matter of players behavior, if some players are jumping and other players connect and they wanna frag? It should be made clear that it's a frag server, and tj should be only for fun when most players are in the mood for tj.

It's more or less the same with pub vs sw configs. If the majority of players votes pub, then sw is gone, and maybe others could complain. Up to now aside from some trolls the server was nice, with players choosing what to do (tj, frag, f-ing around with luger duels ... etc.) some ppl disconnect and they reconnect later if they wanted to do something else, but I don't think it's a huge problem.

etpro has also a server cvar where you can put a config that is executed when the server is empty, so a good thing to do would be to make a reset config that changes map to valhalla, and config to 3on3 or similar when everyone leaves, this way nobody would have to download weird gammajump maps because the server was left in that state by the last player.

• Like 1

I like it more pure sw, I dont like that pub cfg at all. (but thats another issue). But that sounds good option to get players also on non busy hours. Of cause if there is enough support for trick doers (personally not interested, but I understand its function and game advance).

Masa_1964

could it be enabled on non busy hours in pro server? hmmm maybe not cause it needs server restart?

Masa_1964

Can be done , but

1) DD is already busy with rl , I don't see it coming very soon. thanks for suggestion though.

2) Last yr. we fall back on donations by almost 1k $ (if I am not wrong), and all of you know we are low on funds with too less people donating. If anybody like to donate for TJ server I can request owners to make 1.

With so much of bills pending and low funds I don't think its good idea to get another server.

• Like 4

@SunLight that would be a good idea, if that gets put in it would make some interesting server flexebility, and players when the server is not as populated as masa said.

@yoyo but what if servers that are really not populated, such as the team fortress 2 and counterstrike global offence servers get dropped? As long as i have been around FA those servers have been empty. so is there any possibility there?