Time for a NEW AbnerDog rotation ... we've had same since July '13

Speed, what I am taking away from the comments here is that adhering strictly to any particular style of play is getting boring for many, rather than changing the whole game type I think they are asking for more of a surprise in the game styles from rotation to rotation, really keep the mixed part of the game type really mixed. One rotation might be more TDM heavy than the next, the maps really dictate the best game type to play but it's ok to experiment some, From what I have picked up in conversations with regulars and return players is they like the server because sometimes you just don't know what your logging into on server . Variety is after all the spice of life

Also I wasn't saying a change right now but at a later date, just gathering input on what people might like to see that's all.

• Like 3

OK since I've been handling RL stuff for awhile now and have missed some stuff, When was the last rotation update? and for the next one how about we all put in two suggestions for maps, and what game type for each. We can put in suggestions here for say one week and then I can tally them up and put together a rotation and one alternate rotation to submit, So when the time is due for another change all the uppers will need to do is enter it. What do you guys say? Maybe we can open the submissions on Sunday June 15th 00:00 EST and run them till Saturday June 21st 23:59 EST. What do you think

Example: Broadcast/ TDM

Broadcast/ HQ

Or:

Broadcast/ TDM

Pipeline/TDM

I would ask that submissions follow this format

This is a very good idea HIpple, I hope it will be applied.

Regarding the current rotation, it is indeed too objective heavy, and I have noticed that players tend to abandon the server. I had observed the same trend in the past, when another similar rotation was put in place, including search and destroy too (a rather 'unfriendly' game type).

Throwing in more TDM games in between objective maps is a good idea, as previously noted.

Edited by The Partisan GR

as you alll have stated its a mixed game type server.....but now you all want it to be more tdm?

you all need to make up your minds bout whatcha want, its gettin really annoyin. Rotation will stay.

No. You misread what I wrote. I was asking that the tdm in the current rotation be shuffled so it doesn't feel like there is only objective then a quick round of tdm. 

Agree with Midnight and Hipple, this current rotation is killing the server.  It has dropped to 264th after we worked so hard to bring it up.  Yes, it should be a mixed game type (not heavy one side TDM or heavy one side of objective).  It should be a Foxnews game type (fair and balanced).  It is not so much that people get bored, it is they hate sitting in limbo during Sabotage, then for Headquarters the same thing.  people play the game cause they want to pull the trigger, not view a demo. Once every other map or so is fine but not back to back. Put yourself in a beginer players mind, which would you rather do?

Please add bloc back in the next rotation as a TDM.

My two cents.

Edited by Diggity

Correction....that was not the server rotation fault. Before I put in the rotation the server ranking was 214. It had already dropped 70 ranks in less than 2 weeks so we added a new map rotation to see if that would help it. One that you all requested ('less TDM, more objective maps"). So that is not even a valid excuse for the server rankings dropping because they were already in a free fall effect before the map rotation was instituted.

Ill leave the Fox news comment alone...but its a mixed gametype server. You all asked for it to be that and not a tdm server nor pure objectives. I added in an equal amount of all gametypes just like you all have been annoyin me about. Though i separated them evenly through the rotation so you all wouldnt have back to back of the same thing. Yes I put SD and HQ together because i figured that people who would want to play SD would wanna play HQ and people who didnt wouldnt.

The rotation will stay for a while longer. As for what a beginners player would want, i wouldnt know because everyone has different opinions and preferences. Not one player is the same. As for addin bloc back into rotation it is too big of a map for too small of server numbers.

Edited by speedfact
  • Like 1

Ok, just providing feedback, did not mean for it to be taken as criticism of anyone's work.  I can never say enough how much it is appreciated.  Just letting you know what I see from my end.  I forgot to add (insert sarcasm here again on the foxnews comment, was meant to be funny).  I am still  in favor of a 30 day trial for all weapons types, although it makes Abner unique I also see whow some other servers are full and the only difference is they allow all weapon types.  I don't want to see the server die the same as you.  Hope you understand I am on the same sheet as you are just sayin it in a different way.  thanks for the bloc comment, as I was not thinking about the size.

• 1 month later...

Can we please get a new rotation for Hardcore, it is pretty stale right now.  Thank you.

Diggity

Edited by Diggity

• Administrators

Can we please get a new rotation for Hardcore, it is pretty stale right now.  Thank you.

Diggity

With the server population low all time... Which maps you would like to add?

With TDM at least they can spawn map and kill someone when doing 5 vs 5..

With large maps we can't add because when we asked for rule change so players can play ... they said no rule for changes.. so not much change..

Large maps - Are out of question cos no one is gonna wait... long time to shoot someone..Instant leave.

Small maps - Sure we have added it all.. Which one u would like to add more?

Here is current map rotation.. What u would like to change? We are here to change but to what? Do we have much options left?

set g_gametype "war"

set scr_dm_playerrespawndelay "4"  //previous value -1 - removed spawn delay May 16th GI-JOE
set scr_koth_playerrespawndelay "3" //previous value -1 - removed spawn delay May 16th GI-JOE

set scr_koth_scorelimit 500

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_convoy gametype war map mp_backlot gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype war map mp_cargoship gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype war map mp_countdown gametype war map mp_citystreets gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_crash"

I still say I think it is time to start a mixed game style server up on 1.7, modeled on what abner was like a couple of years ago. the 1.6 server, as much as I love the the current rules and fought to keep them, should be changed to a all perks server, with TDM as the main map type, maybe just make it a small map server though IE: showdown, vacant, shipment,killbox, ect.. server. All of this I would be in complete support of to try and save the server IF......we set up the afore mentioned HC mixed game type no marty/ no ls server on 1.7, I would even ( I can't believe I'm going to say this) be ok with GL allowed if the top brass think it would be best for server growth. marty and ls just suck for objective maps .    my two cents and I know it is only worth about .02 cents with inflation.

DD, 

I am not that familiar with map types, all I play is Hardcore.  I think any change is fine as long as it is not too much work.  I am sad to report we have lost a few of the regular Hardcore players to other servers from other clans.  I have briefly spoke with a few that have recently showed up in Hardcore, most say they have gone to other clan sites since Hardcore has died out.  I myself will try to work on getting a patch so I can switch to 1.7, if Hardcore server is pulled before then I will do what I have to just to play.  If it is too much work to change, then do not bother. It would just be nice to see a change in any case as this is like watching an old friend slowly rot.

• Like 1

• Administrators

DD, 

I am not that familiar with map types, all I play is Hardcore.  I think any change is fine as long as it is not too much work.  I am sad to report we have lost a few of the regular Hardcore players to other servers from other clans.  I have briefly spoke with a few that have recently showed up in Hardcore, most say they have gone to other clan sites since Hardcore has died out.  I myself will try to work on getting a patch so I can switch to 1.7, if Hardcore server is pulled before then I will do what I have to just to play.  If it is too much work to change, then do not bother. It would just be nice to see a change in any case as this is like watching an old friend slowly rot.

Sure i can change :) I will mix up rotation. 

What happened to those who pro claimed on forums that removing this and that .. and they wouldn't play on server.. We didn't changed the rules.. but history repeats again... When you don't find anyone to shoot... rats are first one to leave the ship :)

PS The lesson gamers has taught me over the period of time. Nothing against you or anyone but just mentioning.

PS 2 I will see what I can do to make it more popular besides changing rotation. Tks bud!

• Like 1

WetWorks is the SHIP right ? that's a fine map ... every map has it's good and bad ... just need to learn them.

wetworklogo.jpg

Rotation should be 10 or more Maps, 30% or less Objective based with 2 TDM's between each Objective based map.

IF we keep CREEK it needs to be either HQ or Sabotage to remedy the overwhelming advantage the HIGH GROUND side of the map provides.

TDM or DOMination don't prevent it from being too one sided of a game because of this map flaw.

creeklogo.jpg

Keep OVERGROWN, largest map and everyone loves it.

overgrownlogo.jpg

Bring back BLOC ... one of the largest maps, can be good for Objectives but NOT HQ if there are FEW players, only works if like 8 on 8 or so.

bloclogo.jpg

Always like AMBUSH .... any game style works here.

ambushlogo.jpg

and I miss BACKLOT ... and PIPELINE ... great maps for almost any game type as well ...

backlotlogo.jpg   pipelinelogo.jpg

DD, I think LA had a good recommendation previously.  But give me a day to come up with a recommendation as I am not prepared to give a rotation right now. Thank you for giving it a chance, it is very much appreciated not just by me but others that still play there.  

Diggity

• Like 2

no to bloc, kills server cause people just camp/snipe and it pisses people off.

no to killhouse, that really kills server lol (since we have a whole server dedicated just to killhouse if you wanna check it out)

Recommend small maps, not big maps because population is under 10. Bigger maps people will ragequit because no one will wanna spend 2 mins runnin across map just to get a bullet in the brain and then repeat the same shit again.

• Like 2