Firefox 3.6

daredevil

• Administrators

Tried using 3.6 beta last week but still to buggy for my liking will try 3.6 but I am not hoping for any improvements. If Firefox and Opera or Chrome ever wanna surpass IE as the top dog they have to up their game big time some of the things are just laughable but I am gonna end my rant here since I dont wanna get into the discussion about why one is better then the other. Lets put it this way, they all suck ass.

+1 using it too, for some time now and love it :P

If you don't mind a bit of instability, and run Vista/7, you should really check out Opera 10.5 (It's a pre-alpha build, so I'm serious about the instability thing!).

When it's running though, it looks and performs amazingly. New developer tools just make it even better <3

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

If you don't mind a bit of instability, and run Vista/7, you should really check out Opera 10.5 (It's a pre-alpha build, so I'm serious about the instability thing!).

When it's running though, it looks and performs amazingly. New developer tools just make it even better <3

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

hmm, had at start win7 but didnt really liked it and swiched back to xp version. In near future im thinking of setting up sp3 version of xp or xp black edition, which i think re the best and the simples for me :)

btw, this new version exist for xp too or only vista/win7 ?

Edited by Aniky

actually nothing is faster than safari...followed by firefox 3.6 according to this test

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/17199/1/

and with a little tweaking (computer nerds tweek everything right lol) i can load most pages in under a second easy. I love my firefox bc of the addons but the speed of it right now is just amazing

Edited by *Evil*Stevedawg

Well i have pretty good specs. I have chrome for XP, windows 7 and Ubuntu. And when i click the chrome icon it opens in under a second, really fast and i noticed firefox is just a little slower than chrome for me in opening and browsing.

Edit: i just installed safari to try it out and chrome still opens and browse's faster than it, but maybe its different for everyone because we all do not have the same specs.

Edited by gigabyte

hmm, had at start win7 but didnt really liked it and swiched back to xp version. In near future im thinking of setting up sp3 version of xp or xp black edition, which i think re the best and the simples for me :)

btw, this new version exist for xp too or only vista/win7 ?

It works for XP aswell, but I don't know what it looks like... T'is beautifully glassy on Win 7 ^_^

Nobody.

Nothing is changed in new versions of Firefox, this is why pros use Opera!

i

It's nice to see Opera gaining a little ground. I used to use it pretty extensively, but was lured in by FireFox's fancy add-ons...namely no-script. I'll be DLing FF 3.6 in a minute to test it out. Thanks for the heads up Dare.

got some good skins for it? :P

Nah.. Used to use some Vista-esque theme in <9.5... This one's just too beautiful to require a skin :D The only thing that isn't glass is the back/forward/addressbar/searchbox.. but they're nice anyway :D

namely no-script

Really? Why?