North Texas Drivers Stopped

docwarren

North Texas Drivers Stopped At Roadblock. Asked for blood/saliva samples.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/North-Texas-Drivers-Stopped-at-Roadblock-Asked-for-Saliva-Blood-232438621.html

WOW!!!!!!

People who don't know their rights are the ones who give government more reason to think they can do as they please. 4th & 5th amendment rights violations out the wazoo here. I would have had a field day putting these pieces of crap in their place.

Know your rights under the law....... no matter what country you are in.

You'd sell your freedom for $50?

I'd ask if I was being detained. If not.. See ya. And drive off.

You don't get my DNA. You don't search me. you don't search my vehicle. You don't search my home.

4th amendment. It means GFY.

I fail to see what rights were violated. Yes, the woman claimed that someone detained her, even though the police found no evidence of that ever occurring. Besides that, I don't see how any rights were violated. 

Something similar happened in 1773 when a bunch of English bullies tried to stop Americans from holding freedom rallies.

You see how that turned out.  Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.  This is a serious misuse of our law system here.

Something similar happened in 1773 when a bunch of English bullies tried to stop Americans from holding freedom rallies.

You see how that turned out.  Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.  This is a serious misuse of our law system here.

The American "protestors" wanted to protest having to pay taxes for a war the British fought. You know, for that war that was fought right next to the colonies. 

This is not a misuse of the law system. The article describes it as "voluntary," not mandatory. If it was mandatory, then you could argue it was in violation of rights.

• Administrators

You'd sell your freedom for $50?

I'd ask if I was being detained. If not.. See ya. And drive off.

You don't get my DNA. You don't search me. you don't search my vehicle. You don't search my home.

4th amendment. It means GFY.

She was not detained. She is playing that vulnerable white woman part very well however. This is a completely voluntary study that is being done that is completely anonymous.

• Administrators

Have you watched the video? What does American Revolution have to do with a federal study?  American revolution was all about taxes to pay for Indian and French wars.

I don't think it should be hard to tell him "No means no" if the officer insists that I do it after declining once. Then just drive past, and if he gets in the way, I'll honk him to death or something

Honestly, I'm not even going to be scared or care after I do the blood test. I'll just forget about it and spend the money. What are they going to do, frame me for murder? :D

You guys missed the whole idea behind the post I made.  I didn't say anything about what you guys are referencing in my post.

What I am referencing is the misuse of funds that these cops are doing.  That is not their job.  There job is to protect and serve the

people of their area.  That does not include "taking a study of DNA".  And that is exactly what the Revolution was about Joe.  Putting

the rights of people ahead of the government.  And if you think the American Revolution was about taxes,  you are misinformed.  Sorry.

The American Revolution was fought to stop the British Empire from raping and ravaging the resources we had here.  They wanted the

timber, minerals and foodstuffs that grew here.  They didn't care about taxes.  The number one resource they wanted:  trees.  Especially

the valuable hardwoods we had growing here.  Why?  To build more ships.  There was no timber left in England.

The tax thing was so everyone here would get behind the revolt.  Actually the French/Indian war was about who got to claim the St. Lawrence

River and the Hudson Bay.  It didn't cost Britain that much to quell that war.  But that was a good thought.

I would love to discuss this further, but this is not an American revolution forum. 

• Leader

I do have a problem with off-duty uniformed police impeding traffic and diverting drivers to a holding area for reasons not having to do with public safety. 

On the other hand, I can't think of another way that they could collect scientific data for such a study.

==========

Google found, with my comments in green:

This report describes the methodology for the 2007 NRS.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nti/pdf/811237.pdf

Page 4 [some people did refuse to enter the site from the road]

Signaled to Enter site .. Day: 3,516 .. Night: 9,553

Did not Enter site  ....... Day: ...933  .. Night: 1,016

[Percentage of refusal  Day: 2.7%  .. Night: 10.6% my calculations]

Page 21

It is important to note that in order to ensure that a random sample of motorists was selected for the survey, the next available vehicle was directed into the survey site when an interviewer was ready for a subject. In practice, a small percentage of the selected motorists were missed because they turned away from the site, the officer was unable to signal them in time, or the officer allowed the individual to proceed without entering the site after speaking with him/her, which sometimes happened if the driver indicated that he/she was in a hurry (e.g., on the way to a hospital or to work). Once the officer directed the vehicle off the road and into the survey site, the officer had no further contact with the driver. Interviewers took over from there, directing vehicles into interview bays marked off by orange traffic cones.

Page 21

The one departure from the random-sampling procedure was that, because motorcycles were rarely encountered, traffic directors were instructed to direct every passing motorcyclist they could into the survey site. If an interviewer was not immediately available, the survey manager would ask the rider if she/he was willing to wait for the next available interviewer

[presumably for the study cited in the article]

Contractor Bidding notice Synopsis

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=78d6bb6a6f8d13e9a357495a0e7f6b2a&tab=core&tabmode=list&=

Four "national roadside surveys" have previously been conducted (1973, 1986, 1996, 2007) to obtain data on this issue.

These off duty officers in uniform directed traffic into the parking lot and motorists were not informed it was voluntary. This is an abuse of police powers and I hope they sue the crap out of the officers and the city.

I would have had a field day on this one. You should see me at DFW when I toy with the TSA, who pretend that they have police powers to get sheep to do as they say.

In this country, the Constitution provides that a citizen has a right to travel freely and unimpeded. As well as protection against unlawful and unjustified searches and seizures against his person or property.

Poor white women syndrome? No...... clear violation of the Constitution.

In this country, the Constitution provides that a citizen has a right to travel freely and unimpeded. As well as protection against unlawful and unjustified searches and seizures against his person or property.

Which exact part of the constitution says we have a right to travel freely and unimpeded?