Demo/ss folder

Guardian

Question

I can't seem to be able to find my demo and screenshot folder.

I have followed the tutorial on how to find it, but nothing shows up. Atleast, no activision folder.

Maybe the problem is that I installed it on my D drive instead of C.

If so, how can I solve this?

If it is running without issue, then it doesn't matter. You just follow the same path with D: instead of C:. If you are still having issues, post what OS version of Windows you are running and whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.

Depends. Do you have it installed through Steam or CD version.  And like they said before it shouldn't matter whether it's in C or D.  Hell, I transferred most of my stuff to D to make room into the auto directory of C. 

Path for Steam (and correct me if wrong doing this from memory):

C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\CallofDuty4\common\main\demos (64 bit)

C:\program files\steam\steamapps\CallofDuty4\common\main\demos (32 bit)

And if it's in D it will be the same path just start with D.

If it's from CD it'll start the same:

C:\program files (x86)\Activision\CallofDuty4\main\demos (64 bit)

C:\program files\Activision\CallofDuty4\main\demos (32 bit)

I remember that when I first started loading demos it took like three or four before the file was created in the directory and the demos would appear.

• Like 1

Depends. Do you have it installed through Steam or CD version.  And like they said before it shouldn't matter whether it's in C or D.  Hell, I transferred most of my stuff to D to make room into the auto directory of C. 

Path for Steam (and correct me if wrong doing this from memory):

C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\CallofDuty4\common\main\screenshots (64 bit)

C:\program files\steam\steamapps\CallofDuty4\common\main\screenshots (32 bit)

And if it's in D it will be the same path just start with D.

If it's from CD it'll start the same:

C:\program files (x86)\Activision\CallofDuty4\main\screenshots (64 bit)

C:\program files\Activision\CallofDuty4\main\screenshots (32 bit)

I remember that when I first started loading demos it took like three or four before the file was created in the directory and the demos would appear.

Came to edit this info into my post. These would be the correct directories

P.s fixed that for ya!

I still can't find the folder. Whenever I enter the path, I get an error message:

error.png

This translates to: Can't find the [enter pathway here]. Check the spelling and try again.

I tried this with all the pathways midnight gave me and switched C to D also.

What I'm using:

Windows 8 64 bit

CD version of CoD

I checked and it is not in the Appdata folder (there isn't an Activision folder there...)

It also seems that I have been able to make a screenshot once, but since then no more. Because I have one screenshot in my ss folder and whenever I make a new one it doesn't show up. There is just only this one little ss all alone in that folder.

I still can't find the folder. Whenever I enter the path, I get an error message:

attachicon.giferror.png

This translates to: Can't find the [enter pathway here]. Check the spelling and try again.

I tried this with all the pathways midnight gave me and switched C to D also.

What I'm using:

Windows 8 64 bit

CD version of CoD

I checked and it is not in the Appdata folder (there isn't an Activision folder there...)

It also seems that I have been able to make a screenshot once, but since then no more. Because I have one screenshot in my ss folder and whenever I make a new one it doesn't show up. There is just only this one little ss all alone in that folder.

This is the most definite reason it didn't work.  I gave you path's for Win7.  I don't know Win8, and definitely didn't want to.  I'm sorry, but Dom might be able to help, or Cobvious.

I think for you it would be: D:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos

EDIT: Didn't know there was a Win8 difference? But anyways, that's how mine is formatted. Can you hit Windows Key + R, type D:\ and try to navigate there?

Edited by UAdave

I'm on Win8 and the path is the same for me as it was win7.

Have you tried searching through the file browser? Just click on your D drive and top right type in screenshots and see what happens. Try for C as well.

Or type the name of the demo in your Search bar, right click, click open file location and you can see where it is storing the files. I highly doubt it will be in the temporary downloads file, because its not the internet. 

EDIT: Didn't know there was a Win8 difference? But anyways, that's how mine is formatted. Can you hit Windows Key + R, type D:\ and try to navigate there?

I don't know if there is a difference, but I generally don't care for Win8. I was just assuming there was. Maybe someone can teamview with you guardian and help you figure this out. I would, but I'm at work.

Win 7 vs. Win 8 shouldn't matter. That path should be the same as I understand it. This is the path, it is actually stored in the user profile. To show app data you will have to show hidden files and folders. But you should be able to paste this into your file explorer changing out C: for whatever drive letter your COD is installed on.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\screenshots

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos

• Like 1

Okay, so I found my demos folder. I had to record a demo in order for the demos folder to be created...

But, I can't seem to be able to take screenshots. Because whenever I take a screenshot, it doesn't save in the folder.

Which leaves me to the conclusion that I can't take screenshots anymore. (I say anymore because I only have one old ss in my folder.)