CaulkLiquor's new build :D

CaulkLiquor

Built a new rig!

Now, I am embarrassed about the cable management, but the cables were meant for a mid tower not a full tower :wacko:. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

anyway...

CPU - Intel i7-3770

Ram - 2 x 8GB Corsair XMS3 (PC3-12800)

GPU - 2 x 2 AMD 7870 in Crossfire X

Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V LK

PSU - 750W Antec High Current Gamer (I'll have to dig out the receipt)

Boot Drive - ADATA SX900 256GB

CPU Cooling System - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Case - Cooler Master HAF 932  (USB3 ^^)

Hm8yxKa.jpg

SjYxSYt.jpg

imgur.com/a/924OE

All in all I'm rather impressed with it and I'm still optimizing, but it is stable

I also got a Black Widow Ultimate 2013 and a DeathAdder 2013.

My plan is to ride this one into the ground lol. I also took off the heat sinks on the 7870's and replaced the thermal paste now they idle at 27 and 28 degrees Celsius ^^

• Like 1

the only thing i dont like about ur beast is ur GPU... AMD bleh<.< :DD

I have to agree :( AMD is bad form.. It's ok if you run out of money to go for AMD but otherwise - noooooooooooooo! :P I really hate AMD and I am not much of a techie :P

LoL, ya I've gone full AMD for my last two builds... I finally switched to Intel lol

That being said, I picked the 7870s based on       processing power : Cost     and once I factored in my budget my choice was either 550s or 7870s (they were on special lol)

I'll probably try nvidia eventually, but for now these babies do me just fine :D

Now, I am embarrassed about the cable management, but the cables were meant for a mid tower not a full tower :wacko:. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

I have the same tower and I've found that it is hard managing the cables in it. I think its just the way the tower is set up.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a pretty nice build. I'm kind of surprised to hear the Haf 932 has bad cable management. I've never owned one but of the Haf cases I've played around with the cable management looked pretty nice. Curious as to how the Hyper 212 Evo is working out for your CPU? I think that thing is an awesome bang-for-your-buck cooler and use one on an old Q9770 build. It does a great job!

Just a word of advice, if you ever get the urge to try and clean the cabling up, just sit down with a bunch of zip ties and figure out where all the cables go, then zip tie all the cables going the same direction together in 3-5in intervals. Or just put the side of the case on and only look at them when you blow out the dust. Really I just used the time I spent organizing my cables as an excuse to drink some good beer and geek out.

PM me sometime and let me know how that Black Widow is working out. I'm in the market for a mechanical keyboard soon. Congrats on your new build Caulkliquor!