My build, my first :)

PiaNist

yes, CFM for the 230mm intake fan (156.3) & 140mm (73.2) plus the 2 120mm (43.5 each fan) fans for exhaust are nearly the same. would be that good then?

anyway, will get back to you guys after I set up everything. thanks again! 

The idea is that you want all of your fans to balance out. With this set up, you'll have 156.3 blowing in and 160.2 blowing out. That's only +3.9 CFM. That's about as balanced as you can get.

BTW, I really like your case. It's clean and open. I meant to mention that earlier. 

Edited by A. Pirate

question, I've installed my aftermarket cooler but its heatsink sits too close with my gpu pcb? there's no contact between the heatsink & pcb (double checked it but it's really close to each other). the only thing that touches the gpu pcb is the plastic side fan of the cooler. would this be bad? is the gap between the tw0 acceptable given that there is enough airflow? here are some pics:

IMG_7212_zps50ca5876.jpgIMG_7210_zps66c102a5.jpg

btw, i also want to  know if i positioned the cooler & the fans correctly based on the airflow:

IMG_7214_zps3b197781.jpgIMG_7218_zpsb6f3e7b7.jpg

Does the CPU aftermarket  cooler bend graphics card, does it have friction with graphics PCB metal contacts? Also graphics fans are pointed to other direction? CPU coolers vibration could start to play with mechanical contacts but as it barely touches graphics it shouldn´t be a problem neither? Also if its only plastic touching plastic parts of PCB then it should be ok, but touching metal parts of PCB then I´d dismount the CPU fan and see if the fan gathers static electricity?

Just my random thoughts.

• Like 1

Does the CPU aftermarket  cooler bend graphics card, does it have friction with graphics PCB metal contacts? Also graphics fans are pointed to other direction? CPU coolers vibration could start to play with mechanical contacts but as it barely touches graphics it shouldn´t be a problem neither? Also if its only plastic touching plastic parts of PCB then it should be ok, but touching metal parts of PCB then I´d dismount the CPU fan and see if the fan gathers static electricity?

Just my random thoughts.

So far I havent seen any problem with my gpu. Well I've read somewhere that I could put electrical tape on the side part of the cpu cooler fan where it touches the gpu pcb. Hopefully that would solve the static electricity problem.

• 2 weeks later...