Windows 8.1 is slow and crap

Shana

Don't update to windows 8.1

If you have windows 8 already, just stay with it.

On win 8.1 games are running slowly, for example before update et=300fps(stable), after update et normal area 30fps(and going crazy)

Also there are some annoying stuff on win 8.1

Many programs aren't running properly, and games(some of them) have black screen. All are orginal(almost all) so there shouldn't be any problems but there are.

I have

- I5-3570 quadra core 3,4 GHz

-RAM 2x 4Gb DDR3

-Ati Radeon HD 7900, 3Gb

windows 8 x64 updated to 8.1.... 

And with this setup that old game et has 30 fps =.=

All drivers, programs are up to date.

Tested et with no programs turned on.

Also windows 7>8>>>8.1

And tested it on 3 pc's same result.

Or you can make recovery point and try it yourself....

Backup done already and full reinstall to windows 8 today =.=

Oh and:

Windows 8, memory usage with programs running 30% ram, 30% swap and 25% cpu

Windows 8.1 same programs 40% ram, 40% swap, and cpu 20-60(it's going nuts)

Programs in background(200 processes running, facebook messenger, dropbox, xfire 2.0, fraps, rainmeter, toastify, spotify, f.lux, skype)

Th3o

• Like 4

In my opinion Microsoft released another not 100% complete update. And for now don't update.

By far win 8 works better :)

About punkbuster, no idea, tried reinstalling game?

I can't help with it anymore cause I've already reinstalled system to win 8 ^^

I wonder if you "updated" from Win8 to Win8.1 and left old programs intact if there were some conflicting settings maybe? Or did you try fresh install with Win8.1 and reinstalling all programs? And 200 processes?:o I try to keep it minimal from old habit, when resources were not so abundant.

I bought a copy of Windows 8 pro last year (upgrade 15$) used as secondary OS with Win7, I use it for few weeks and end up removing it and installed dual boot Win7 and OS X Mavericks beta (hackintosh)

Now since I had an MBA I'm thinking install it back  and try the Win8.1 when I'll have time :mellow:

In my opinion win 8.1 is not finished yet, they have to make patch or something for it =.=

Stay with win 8 pro :)

Well didn´t even get Win8 pre-release(or how its called, not alphas or betas anymore) installing on my machine, so I its possible its buggy. And no, its not my machine as I got to install 3-4 Linux distros and more in my machine, without problem. I´ve got big hopes on Linux Steam version for gaming and Ubuntu for surfing\movies\office and bye bye windows at last.(Ubuntu is just awesome, recognized WIFI printer with 2 clicks.)

Linux is the best system ever, also windowses are really easy to use,

Try using Arch linux(more advanced users) or if you have fast pc ubuntu with gnome(not unity!)

• Like 1

• Administrators

8.1 here and no issues please roll back to 13.6 Beta2 driver to enjoy ET again, every new AMD driver breaks ET fps for me, I already submitted a ticket to AMD, but don't know how long it will take them to fix it. Also don't talk shit about the product if you are not going to do some minimal troubleshooting only to realize its a f***ing driver issue. You are f***ing welcome.

• Like 6

Firstly thanks Joe, but tested it on 3 pc's and same result( but all have AMD's)

Anyways I went back to 8 and everything works fine now, and I don't have to do anything with drivers :)