Rusher, Camper, or both. Would like to know your battle style.

google+

• 2 months later...

I find the game to be much less fun when I just sit in a corner, so I do nothing but rush (which adversely effects me very often, but heck I enjoy it). That said, if I am at/behind/next to enemy lines, I will (try to) find a spot to reduce that angle of attack so that I can be most protected while still dealing with enemies and helping my team! 

For me it's all about map control.  In most cases, I'll do the opposite of what the majority of my team is doing.  If everyone is rushing in, I'll hold down a spot with a sniper so that the enemy team can't flank and change the spawns.  If everyone's going to be in a sniping battle IE Crossfire, I'll try to rush in and set up shop deep in enemy territory.

• Like 1

For me it's all about map control.  In most cases, I'll do the opposite of what the majority of my team is doing.  If everyone is rushing in, I'll hold down a spot with a sniper so that the enemy team can't flank and change the spawns.  If everyone's going to be in a sniping battle IE Crossfire, I'll try to rush in and set up shop deep in enemy territory.

i noticed that works quite well with you.

that's actually a good tactical strategy, mr. bag of suck.

i noticed that works quite well with you.

that's actually a good tactical strategy, mr. bag of suck.

Thanks google.  I don't have any delusions about being an amazing CoD4 player in terms of aim and reaction time, but I think I do have good map awareness and tactics that let me do okay.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the map. Bog is so fun to rush on and you just can go crazy on the side with the bus. Maps like Creek suck to rush on when S.A.S. You just get sniped down so quickly.

I'm mostly a rushing, backstabbing, ninja fool with my almost famous silenced mighty scorpion blazing away or sniping from across the map to the complaints of the other team.  Yes, my KDR has suffered greatly by taking the roll of the sacrificial lamb when my team doesn't understand that to play the game you must shoot the enemy team members, preferably not from our spawning area.  Most of my tactics involve getting behind the other team instead of going straight at them.  I usually have UAV jammer on and like to use dead silence when going into ninja mode.  Some maps call for a P90 with bandolier, sleight of hand, and extreme conditioning.  Use it, you'll get some complaints... :yahoo  On a tactical side, I time how long it takes to get from point A to point B.  This helps with revenge killing when you are tracking someone down and need to know how far they could have traveled in a set amount of time.  For instance, in Ambush it takes five seconds to move through the pipes under the road from one side to the other.  If you get killed and they start through one end of the pipes, respawn and meet them at the other end or throw a nade to it if you're too far away.  You'll know you've done well when the LARGE type hits the screen yelling HACKER... or in TeamSpeak you hear "No @#!$% way!!!!" :yahoo   There are many other applications for travel time.  Try it out and see for yourself.  Another good tip:  if there are two of you going to go through a door or choke point, be nice and let the other guy go first so he can catch the goodies on the other side.  I call it being =F|A= nice.  There's a bunch more stuff, but I can't let LAKingsFan know all of my tricks.

• Like 2

I think some maps are made for rushing and some for camping. I try always to get by rushing behind the hunted party. When i have a good day it works well.

So i would say that it is a question of taste what to do and of course at last a question of skill....

Training training training.....

Can ET players comment on this? 

I have had a drink or two and man I sure would like to comment on this... lol

camping is for people who care a whole bunch about the little number beside their name.

rushing is for people who never even noticed there is a number beside their name.

the differing players really make me lol. if you take one of you teenage gamer savants and teach you objective skill, you have a pro scrim player.

take the same player, allow him access to all the idiots that really think themselves pro, and all of their holy modifications, and you have another sheeple who you triple from the back afer juking them 180 degrees because some 'leet' player told them 1.x accuracy is where it is at. just saying folks, how many of you pros do i drop every time face to face.

stop caring so much about your little numbers! get out there and die as much as you possibly can winning the game~ its just so much more fun.

(nb4ufags who talk about what is and what is not fun for you.. who deciuded what you consider fun? you or the guy you were first jealous of? just sayin.

what trips me out is when i run around with a 1 or 2 kdr, and i triple people with a 3 or 4 kdr.. it always makes me curious, so i stop and spec them... and they are camping the entire game, cant aim to save thier lives, and got pro at rnades.... im like wow, what did my beloved game resort to after all these years...

another note.. you cod players talk about so much tactical assertion, it makes me want to try your game! but in the end I don't need a bunch of 11 year olds making me feel bad about myself and my skill, and you don't need a genius telling you all the steps you did incorrectly and how you can improve your gameplay! So I will leave these seductive games to you youngsters, and i will play my ET and desperately hope  the new saga doesnt usurp all the current players... but the way you people talk is pretty tempting. not gunna lie.