Minecraft Do I need a legit version to connect?

Rival

Yes, you need a legit version of minecraft to connect. I learned a long time ago that cracked versions are not something that should be allowed.

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

Oh that's too bad. :(

I was gonna buy it when it was in Aplha. I regret not buying it. The prize seems to raise with every major update.... 

* Rival is poor.

read this thread it will answer your questions there talking cod but it apply s to any game imo

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/50763-the-ultimate-debate-cracked-vs-legit/

Yes. Minecraft is the only game I own that is not legit. I always buy my games, it feels better to own the game. And even though there are a lot of cracked COD4 servers, I'd like to have access to all the servers on 1.7, even the legit servers. Which is why I always buy games (With Minecraft as an exception.)

• Like 1

For those who may not be familiar with why we no longer allow cracked versions of Minecraft:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/35714-just-got-banned/
http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/35736-server-failure/
http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/35718-sever-down-banning-problems/

;)

also, the game is still only $27 (I have a feeling that's as expensive as it's going to get), which isn't too much if you save some change every now and then, it's really cheap considering the amount of entertainment you can get from the game...and that most retail or digital distributed games will run you at least $50 :\ 

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

I still think $27 is still cheap for a game. 

Well for a game that's been released for that long, it's rather expensive IMO. 

Altough about 80% of the games on Steam are overpriced when they're not on sale. The original Black Ops has been out since November 2010. It's still €59,99 on Steam.

I think my bf paid 15 eu for the game (and it was when it was released)- which is about 27usd after conversion. Of cos we have higher prices here in Europe, but still-more or less the same price. Its ok price if you like the game and want to play it for a long time. If you want just to test it then have free demo for phones.

I think my bf paid 15 eu for the game (and it was when it was released)- which is about 27usd after conversion. Of cos we have higher prices here in Europe, but still-more or less the same price. Its ok price if you like the game and want to play it for a long time. If you want just to test it then have free demo for phones.

At the moment 15€ = 20.14$

I paid about 15 dollars for the game back in beta, it was awesome! If you can't buy it yourself, you can probably find an account someone has put up for free use online, but I would highly suggest supporting the developers.

I paid about 15 dollars for the game back in beta, it was awesome! If you can't buy it yourself, you can probably find an account someone has put up for free use online, but I would highly suggest supporting the developers.

There are multiple reasons why I would recommend buying the game ASAP.

1. Making actual accounts on the site is free, so people are taking names every second, making it nearly immpossible to have the name that you want.

2. The price IS changing, (sorry Joe) so you should try to get it as low as possible.

3. Updates are being developed 24/7, so the sooner you get it the less you need to memorize. (Letting you memorize everything else as it comes out.)

• Like 1