Zelda : The Wind Waker on my PC

Quovadis

Saw the news of Wind Waker HD on the new Wii U and made me want to play again.

This SS comes from Dolphin Emulator. It's me playing Zelda :The Wind Waker on PC.

Game Cube Version

1080 P

Anti-Aliasing x9

Anisotropic filthering x16

I run it at 30FPS

post-7409-0-20662400-1375917286_thumb.png

Here are my comp specs

Processor : I7 3930K 12 Core ( 2 logical thread by physical core)

Ram : 16 GB @ 1600mhz

Video Card : Saphire 7950 3 GB

Pretty nice to see the differance with how I played it years ago.

I remember you couldn't even see the other side of the island.

I tried to run it like 2-3 years ago with my other pretty good computer and I remember the computer couldn't even handle full quality.

Its pretty hard to emulate a 3D game with full res and everything like that.

Had a Quad core with GTX 550 Ti card.

• Like 1

ahhh this is nice....used to play 'zelda link to the past' many years back.addicting game....got to download that dolphin emulator :)....time to play Mario Bros. again :P

Zelda are just good souvenirs. I played Ocarina of time and Majora's mask. That was a long time ago.

Gengis

I like a lot Zelda games and Wind Waker is a good zelda game but not the best. Is impressive how you can run it in 1080p. I saw some screenshots about Twilight Princess in 1080p. I was very impressed.

Played Ocarina of Time (best zelda ever) on my pc. Worked pretty good.

Windwaker was nice, I like the graphic style on that one and it was funny to explore all those islands.

The SS looks really good, makes me want to play it again :D

Yeah, Ocarina of Time is for nothing, is not the best, one of the best games of all the times.

For hardcore gamers, play Zelda 1 (NES), you will have a bad time searching the dungeons all the link´s stuff. After you beat the game, you can replay it but all the dungeons and stuff are in a diferent places and a bit harder than before.

Zelda on NES was awesome with the nice golden cartridge (?), I used to play it with my dad since it was a little bit too hard for me as a child.

Placing bombs on trees and against walls hoping to find some secret stuff :D

I also remember you had some secret code to get to dungeon 4 or 5 through the woods. Up left up left up or something.

Also played Link (silver cartridge) but I never got to finish it :(

Zelda on NES was awesome with the nice golden cartridge (?), I used to play it with my dad since it was a little bit too hard for me as a child.

Placing bombs on trees and against walls hoping to find some secret stuff :D

I also remember you had some secret code to get to dungeon 4 or 5 through the woods. Up left up left up or something.

Also played Link (silver cartridge) but I never got to finish it :(

Back in the day, the primary reason I used the internet was for cheat codes and strategy guides. How was someone expected to find that castle without? If I remember it may have been in the instruction book. Was there anything in-game to indicate what the code was?

I dont know if proud is the correct word but i spent some days searching those dam dungeons and stuff without any guide. I must say that i went to bed many times thinking what more i can do to find the location jajajaja.

Other side, since Wind Waker, Zelda games give you MANYYYYY tips where you should go next. Skyward Sword is almost impossible to go other places without following the line.

Thanks that the rumor about the new Zelda U indicate that we are going to be free to pass the dungeons without following a line.

Back in the day, the primary reason I used the internet was for cheat codes and strategy guides. How was someone expected to find that castle without? If I remember it may have been in the instruction book. Was there anything in-game to indicate what the code was?

If I remember correctly there was a hidden room somewhere close to the forest, in that room was a guy that gave you the code.

But thats also the main reason I love Zelda games, the puzzles, the searching, the exploring, the many sidequests.

In the Netherlands we had a service called the Nintendo-Line (dunno if it was a world-wide service) you could call them up whenever you were stuck somewhere in the game and they would tell you what to do :D