fov ?

ExCaL

Hello people,this might seem like a stupid nub question (and it probably  is :) ,but is there a command i can put into console so my fov stays at 105 ?

I already did /cg_fov 105 ,and it goes to 105 offcourse..but when  a new map starts its back to 90.

It also goes back to 90 when an already played map,in wich i already typed /cg_fov 105..starts.. Is there an easy way to fix this?

thx ExC

maybe /cg_fov 105 and a /vid_restart even if I don't think it will really help..

Also change it in your config too if it is an autoexec file..

Edited by Ann!b@l

Hmm its suposed to stay at 105 , do you have an autoexec.cfg and if yes where is it located.

If for exemple , your autoexec contains cg_fov and a few others cvars but not binds or /name , it might look like cg_fov var wont hold to its setting.

After all , maybe your whole cfg gets executed at each map start.

Best way to know would be /clear at map end and then /condump nextmap after warmup and post it here.

try:

c-program files- enemy territory- etmain- config file

change the fov in your etmain cfg to cg_fov 105

if both jaymod and etmain cfg have same fov your problem is solved i think

Only works with ram allocation cvars . Other cvars gets reseted at each vid_restart so cg_fov 105 wont hold if another value gets execed from a cfg.

ok thx for the fast reaction guys. I forgot to say that this only happens on NQ3 server.

But ill try the things you suggested and see if it helps tonight.

ExC

Can also be that your config is writeprotected...or simply try /seta cg_fov

Yes, this happend to me with Win7. I actually had to enable editing of files in the Wolfenstein game directory - '/seta cg_fov' did not work from the console and nether did altering my config file untill permission was given.

Stupid Windows lol.

Edited by Death_Reincarnated

• Clan Friend

seta = set and archive

set = just set

you could have some bind in your config that puts cg_fov to 90, check your config

cg_fov is not a variable of those which need /vid_Restart