Jaaa!&

Mac or PC  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Mac
    • PC

• 2 weeks later...

This is the reason:

They arent sold here. Plus there are less games available on it. People here dont even know what a mac is.

I guess they are mostly sold in US

They also require different harware I think.

If Mac would run along with windows or Linux (without any help of emulator or software), I would certainly give it a try.

This is the reason:

They arent sold here. Plus there are less games available on it. People here dont even know what a mac is.

If Mac would run along with windows or Linux (without any help of emulator or software), I would certainly give it a try.

Mac runs all three :D

Thats why apple gets my lovin and my monies

This is the reason:

I just posted this on another thread, but I use an emulator called Parallels on my mac that allows me to pretty easily run XP and Linux at the same time as running my mac OS. It actually integrates Windows or linux onto the desktop so the mac and windows OS run side by side. It's pretty sweet.

New Macs also have bootcamp which allows you to boot directly into the OS of your choice with no emulation. And yes Valk..I am still running 10.4. :hi

I think DareDevil will be buying an iPad. I just read that they'll be releasing errotic novels on them. :lol:

ok pc is waaaay better. for some reasons.

1. they allow any type of hardware to run it. u dont have to buy a microsoft computer to use windows.

2. sorta like #1 there are aton of pc builders (dell hp etc) and this gives you the opurtunity to get exatly what you want

3. pcs are much easier to upgrade and you can preatty much buy whatever part you want and it will work.

4. macs are over priced as hell. here is an example. http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC226LL/A?mco=MTM3NDcyOTc this is a state of the art mac laptop and the best they have... WTF... they still use core 2 duos lmao here is a pc much more powerfull for less money http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-G51JX-X3-15-6-Inch-Gaming/dp/B00361G0ZO lmao at 1000 less dollars.

5. macs have no 3rd party apps. and the ones they do suck. for windows u can use basically any program you want.

My friend had a mac. He can't upgrade the hardware (because he needed a vid card to play games), got pissed and 7 years later he actually used a sledgehammer and broke the thing in a drunken rage.

Mac for laptops is a good choice.

Mac + Desktop, if i shit in a box, you might get the same result. For the price of the cheapest iMac Desktops in Bestbuy, you can build a nice facking computer with an i7, 6 gigs ddr3 and a HD5870. I mean seriously wtf makes a mac so expenisive? LOL THE MAC MINI's cost the same as my new computer i just built. Seriously the iMac Mini is shittier than my crap 4 year old laptop and that costs over $650 bucks?

Jay-Z, you must be kidding.

fred,

1. That's actually an advantage of Macs. Apple could perfectly suit their OS to their hardware. No blue-screen, no hardware which is not supported properly, no drivers.
  2. You're right this time, but still, the same as above.
  3. There are actually upgrade kits available, though they're rather overpriced.
  4. They are more expensive then normal PCs but just take the display of the iMacs and MacBooks (and CinemaDisplays for sure), they are S-IPS displays, probably the most professional and expensive displays used by artists of all kinds.
  5. Stay serious, please.

why the hell would you want to upgrade a peice of shit for the cost of yet another computer. and the alienware i showed u had a 1900 by1280. thats full hd so dont talk about displays. also if i wanna upgrade my system than why the hell would i want restrictions on what i wanna do? and lol at the advantage to macs? so ur telling me that the advantage is they use old ass technology but u never get blu screens. if you know anything about computers you could tell if something is gonna work with your computer easily. even if u dont thats why theirs geek squad lmao.

You are talking about the price and mention Dell? Okay. First of all, I might say, I'm an advanced computer user.

At least I know that a display is not related to a resolution. While Dell usually counts on TN displays with LED or CCFL backlighting (someone correct me please if I'm wrong at this point), Apple counts on S-IPS displays with LED backlighting. You can't just say Dell is better because your Alienware laptop has a resolution of (most likely) 1920x1080px. If we get to that point, did you notice that the 27 inch iMac has a resolution of 2560x1440px? FYI, Full HD means that the display works at a resolution of 1920x1080px - nothing more.

I totally agree with you at the upgrade part, but please, don't tell me that Apple uses old technology. They were nearly the first manufacturer offering DDR3-RAM on notebooks and Intel's i5 CPUs on it's desktop section.

And since I would say I know something about computers, I would even say that I haven't found anything that didn't work on my Mac yet.

Still, it's your choice to buy whatever computer you want, no one forces you to buy a Mac. I just wanted to point out some arguments.