How to wash you hair in space ?

Jhonny/Shinobi

awesome video.

how do you get dirt in your hair, when you're in the ISS? I thought it was pretty much perfectly clean?

• Like 1

awesome video.

how do you get dirt in your hair, when you're in the ISS? I thought it was pretty much perfectly clean?

Link: http://www.nasa.gov/vision/space/livinginspace/Astronaut_Laundry.html

"However, astronauts do have to spend a substantial amount of time each day exercising so that their bodies don't atrophy in microgravity, so they do still get a workout. "

Among other stuff, they do sweat like we on earth  B) 

Link: http://www.nasa.gov/vision/space/livinginspace/Astronaut_Laundry.html

"However, astronauts do have to spend a substantial amount of time each day exercising so that their bodies don't atrophy in microgravity, so they do still get a workout. "

Among other stuff, they do sweat like we on earth  B)

right, I understand that they sweat. But she specifically mentioned dirt in her hair. Where does the dirt come from? 

right, I understand that they sweat. But she specifically mentioned dirt in her hair. Where does the dirt come from? 

There will still be dandruffs and hair will get greasy, she prolly means that with "dirt".

i would just shave my head or at least cut some of the length off. she could always get extensions once she gets back to ground till it regrows

:agree

There will still be dandruffs and hair will get greasy, she prolly means that with "dirt".

ok :)

i would just shave my head or at least cut some of the length off. she could always get extensions once she gets back to ground till it regrows

agreed, sounds much easier than trying to wash it.