ProMod Server Set Up

speedfact

Sounds like some experimenting might be in store..

How does this sound for mixed mode:

With the amount of FA people playing promod fairly regularly, I think getting it camped and routinely populated shouldn't be a huge issue. Once we start getting non-FA members in and playing a few maps, gauge their interests in the modes/maps that are being played (ie: are they saying anything about it in chat, are they leaving, etc.) and adjust accordingly to feedback.

Also - Are we going pb or no? I vote no, at least at first.

pb is a must. no pb means free play for cheaters if no admin is online, which will end up in an empty server.

Yeah but we run our most popular servers without pb and that works. But now that I look, most promod servers do have pb enabled so that'll work then.

I strongly vote for PB, primarily because it will be harder to distinguish cheats from promod.

A good reader: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939217-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/46825123

Good point, alot of the promod players we played with especially with promod just by itself is very hard to tell if a person is cheating or not. I vote PB enabled, we can help ppl if they have missing packets and Server communication errors.

no pb, the pd server are deserted, and when i go on beginners, i often see a F|A online.

So, i think if we don't have pb, more player can come on our server. 

This was my initial thought - no pb typically means more players and easier to populate,so long as enough admins are around. However, alot of promod people can be mistaken for cheaters and I see like 95% of promod servers do indeed have pb so not sure it hurts us too much.

My say Is the competitive maps! which include: Crash, Vacant, Strike, District, Backlot, crossfire maybe even a custom map such as Cluster or pandemic aim. With obviously the game type of S&D With 5 second plant time, 7 second defuse time, and 24 round limit. Thanks once more Speedy, and everyone else who put forth effort into setting this up, as well as donations for the server! Also, I believe punkbuster is an absolute must.

okay
well

I got  the list of server we usually play

crash, vacant, district, strike, crossfire (all on SND) last map should be  A free for all (FFA) killhouse/shipment

Other fun gametypes would be sabotage and HQ

alsow put the command for matches on snd  "promod_mode knockout_mr12" or soo

you could also enable the MD5 check up for no custom skins (whish people uses them some times to cheat)

in case of 5 vs 5 there would be the need for the rcon to manipulate the maps that eather team choses to play on (that would be for future scrims/matches ect. ect...

thank you speed for your work  is greatly appreciated :D

and backlot should be added on the SnD maps

• 3 weeks later...