Donation Options

Midnight

So today I went online to renew my Platinum VIP and I also wanted to contribute and extra $50 USD in the same order.  Unfortunately the option to set an amount for donation is not available.  All that is available are monthly $5 donations that you can add to the cart.

I would suggest having the option as shown in the image.  This would allow people to make a one time donation or set up their own donation amount/schedule ($5 plus) and add it to their current cart.   I forsee if we do get shirts and other merchandise then this option will become more practical.

post-8873-0-30061100-1371581181_thumb.png

The current solution is to buy a gift voucher - you can send it to yourself and hence redeem it yourself.

Although personally I indeed would like to see an option for non-renewable donations. I recall that Dare has given some reasons for not having that, yet I always forget those :P

Oh, well I did not know that, and I am not sure how others were supposed to know that. I still opt to have what you call "non-renewable donation."  Let's see what others think.

I don´t quite understand if you are talking about buying VIP with one time donation or just donating some amount once.

If the latter is the case then click on forums, theres Donate button in the right side and it takes you to paypal donation, no renewal. At least it has worked for me always.

I don´t quite understand if you are talking about buying VIP with one time donation or just donating some amount once.

If the latter is the case then click on forums, theres Donate button in the right side and it takes you to paypal donation, no renewal. At least it has worked for me always.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote.  I want to buy a VIP package and donate 50 at the same time, in the same cart.  Not two separate orders.  Unfortunately with the donation system set up now, you cannot do this.  You can buy a vip package and do $5 installments over a certain timeframe, but you cannot make a donation of various amount in the same transaction.  It's a longer and drawn out process giving you two receipts.  Does this make more sense.  I speak better then I write.

I talked to GI-Joe about this same thing just the other day.  The gift voucher is an option, but I to thought that there might be more people donate $5 or so, if it was a onetime offer.

If they do it through the donations tab, it says it will take so much a month, every month.  It may scare some guys off.

I talked to GI-Joe about this same thing just the other day.  The gift voucher is an option, but I to thought that there might be more people donate $5 or so, if it was a onetime offer.

If they do it through the donations tab, it says it will take so much a month, every month.  It may scare some guys off.

Well usually I just use the donate button to the upper right on the main page to do one time donations.  But I wanted to reinstate my VIP the other day and top it with a "one time" $50 donation, but wasn't able to because that option wasn't available.  Hence the topic.  To me a gift voucher does not scream nor mean one time donation. It says I'm redeeming something. It does scare people off IMO. Shoot I haven't donated or renewed like I wanted yet, because of this multiple transaction stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You can renew VIP separately and also donate one time form your user control panel.

Let me know if you need anything else ;)

Thanks for supporting the good cause by donating!!

If they do it through the donations tab, it says it will take so much a month, every month. It may scare some guys off.

This.

Need to re-word. I think it is on the screen that asks you to confirm and the wording implies that repeat drafts will be made "annually". Have only had 2 people ask me to explain, but need to look at it.

• Administrators

This.

Need to re-word. I think it is on the screen that asks you to confirm and the wording implies that repeat drafts will be made "annually". Have only had 2 people ask me to explain, but need to look at it.

Please link to donation tab?  Where it says annually or monthly?