Bots

Sasirou

its not just, that the bots are stacking the teams, imo there are too much of them on NQ3.

We had a pretty popular server and my feeling is, that since we have that much ammount of bots, players are leaving.

(Do we have some statitics about player numbers on server?

Im not against(!!) bots but i think 12 bots(6 per team) are enough.

I know the bots are for new players, but regulars are leaving because of the high number of bots.

Cheers

maybe we could introduce an order called !omnikick .

this would make it easier to kick all bots. 'cause they really annoying if there are too much. 

its not just, that the bots are stacking the teams, imo there are too much of them on NQ3.

We had a pretty popular server and my feeling is, that since we have that much ammount of bots, players are leaving.

(Do we have some statitics about player numbers on server?

Im not against(!!) bots but i think 12 bots(6 per team) are enough.

I know the bots are for new players, but regulars are leaving because of the high number of bots.

Cheers

this is right. often i see players connecting and start looking at the playerlists before they disconnect because of too much bots.

i think server would be more interesting if there are less than 10 or 8 bots. 

maybe it would fill our servers with new players who does not want to compete with bots but rather with real player, even

to improve their "real" skills. Because if you are able to make great sprees against bots, you also could be bad if you become requested against 

real players. 

im sorry, but bots are for incomprehensible beginners, not for semi-pro or pro.

Dunno if there's some autobalance setting for the bots...if so it's broken or set wrong at jay3:

If the teams are e.g. Axis 7- Allies 8 with let's say 4 humans in Axis and 1 in Allies it will stay that way even if an Axis player is going spec for joining allies then. Doesn't happen on jay2 I noticed...

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/48557-nq3/

can we merge these topics please and thank you :)

+1 to that.

im sorry, but bots are for incomprehensible beginners, not for semi-pro or pro.

Does that make me an incomprehensible beginner then? I enjoy playing with bots and with humans. The server isn't specifically for semi-pro or pro players, it's another server for the masses to enjoy. If you want (semi-)pro playing then join the SW server or Hardcore.

Dunno if there's some autobalance setting for the bots...if so it's broken or set wrong at jay3

Well, that makes it 4 confirmed servers with the problem. S3ti, the problem is present on Jay2. As for the possible cause, I have no idea. Thanks for letting us know :)

I agree with my fellow NQ3 these bots have become a nuisance and really saw that connects fewer people we can never take it away with the consequence that players are complaining more and more,  it is quite unpleasant!

and then it is even more difficult to make even teams because every time the players have to ask us to move as a result more and more rarely the players make even teams of their own accord

Well, that makes it 4 confirmed servers with the problem. S3ti, the problem is present on Jay2. As for the possible cause, I have no idea. Thanks for letting us know :)

Never experienced it on jay2 by now, switching teams by going spec first always worked...for me at least.

On jay3 you can make the teams 6-8 and it will stay that way, always.

Never experienced it on jay2 by now, switching teams by going spec first always worked...for me at least.

On jay3 you can make the teams 6-8 and it will stay that way, always.

Fair enough, might have just been a ss at the wrong moment then lol

I'm just admin level 3, usually have admin on Recruiting server to fix teams up correctly.

Bots are cool, I use my own server to practice with. Setting levels of certain bots can get interesting.

omnibot has come a long ways, still working with some maps to do waypoints to get bots to move out.

Started Tram many years ago, have most of lower map worked out...has a bug with cp in house yet.

The bots do good at flag on tram tower.

Upper map after obj room is blown, problems with new spawn..they just stand there. Sigh!

Same problems on Jay2...

With bots, the teams have all the time the same numbers of players.

So, people can join the team with less bots... (a shame, i never do that ;p).

After, teams are so uneven, some guys leave = more bots! :D

The worse --> A lot of players think they can't switch! Because u need to go spec first before switch... Hahaha!

I'm not sure it is possible, but if the team with more bots had 1 player less, it could be a solution? No? 

In silent 1 too , the bots keep stacking up on the weaker team . But i think i have read somewhere that putting bots to spec can crash silent server and so have never tried it . Is that so ? It isn't too much of a problem , but is sometimes annoying . 

Rajaah, I can't speak for how Silent #1 will react to you putting a bot in spec, but on NQ3 I've used just one bot to help keep the teams even. Putting it spec when they're unbalanced, and then putting it back again if they become unbalanced again.