Stats resetting

Chameleon

Question

So for those of you that don't know, a week or so ago I had my cd key taken or stolen or something like that. every time I would log on it would say "cd key in use". Well I got around that problem with the most awesome help and generosity of Midnight (You're still my hero! <3). Well everything was fine for a couple days, at which point I logged on after a day or two and it said my stats had been reset, which was fine, I had been talking about starting from the bottom up again anyway. But after playing all evening and logging off, then back on the next day, My stats were reset again.. Again I tried to just grind through and went up quite a few levels. A couple days went by and I logged on to play again and yeah you guessed it, my stats were reset yet again. Is there something I am missing? Or something I am doing wrong? It is really starting to annoy me.. Anyone have any ideas or answers??  Thanks guys :D

I forgot to mention the initial fix was another cd key :D

Edited by Ph0eniX

10 answers to this question

Sidenote: Phoenix I need to go on my older laptop and make sure that I have the game uninstalled on it. This doesn't help your situation any, but just thought I'd let you know. As well I had an issue with COD not saving my class names a while back. I don't think it effected my server rank, but unfortunately I don't remember what I did to fix it.

• Like 1

Well did you listen to what I told you in teamspeak Phoenix about how my internet goes down and then I have to wait 30 minutes because it says 'key code in use'. But after 30 it is fine.

Well did you listen to what I told you in teamspeak Phoenix about how my internet goes down and then I have to wait 30 minutes because it says 'key code in use'. But after 30 it is fine.

Yeah I tried all that.. I no longer get the key code in use error, my stats just reset when I log on.. The error I get now only tells me that my stats are reset..

sounds like your multiplayer data got corrupted. You can try the method The_Dom listed above, I've used it before and it worked, but I find that it doesn't always work... If you don't have a back-up of it you're probably going to have to start all over by deleting your mp_data from your COD4/players folder, happens to everyone at one point or another, happened to me recently so I feel your pain :\ 

• Like 1

So I went through Dom's method and everything is reset it seems for one last time.. Will this change my server levels ya think?

One thing I found I had to do was delete the old profile..

Edited by Ph0eniX

should be fine after deleting old profile - as long as you don't change your guid again

levels are saved server side - to your guid - so it should be fine.

ps. has someone set your olde levels to 0 if your cdkey was stolen?

• Like 1

should be fine after deleting old profile - as long as you don't change your guid again

levels are saved server side - to your guid - so it should be fine.

ps. has someone set your olde levels to 0 if your cdkey was stolen?

I don't know if anyone has set my old levels, I know the new cd key levels have been set for me... It actually did save everything and I have logged off and on a few times trying it out now without a stat reset.. So far I think we may be on a good path...