tOrMeNtIuM: new computer, suggestions!

Pro*tOrMeNtIuM

Hello, am gifting me self a computer for christmas

I have a budget of $1.249 dollars to $1.300 dollars

anythign under that no sirve, and anything over that no sirve :D

why that price? cuz i am thinking in something like this from alienware.dell.com

Alienware Aurora Alienware Aurora Desktop

Operating Systems Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

2nd Processor Intel® Core™ i7 920 2.66GHz (8MB Cache) Quad Core Processor

Memory 3GB Triple Channel 1067Mhz DDR3

Keyboard Alienware Multi-Media Keyboard

Monitors No Monitor

Video Cards Single 1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX

Hard Drive 500GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD

Chassis Color Cosmic Black, Alienware Aurora Chassis

Mouse Alienware Optical Mouse, MG100

AlienFX AlienFX Color Astral Aqua

Optical Drive Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Hardware Support Services 1 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis - Important Information

Cooling Option Alienwareâ„¢ High-Performance Liquid Cooling

for : 1249 dollars.

i havent boy it yet cuz i heard u can buy parts from separate and build something similar or better with same or less money.,

now i been arround ebay and stuff but i dotn see how that possible , so if any1 has some suggestions and links, something like

link me to a motherboard , that processor , graphic card , and ram,

post it here and i will see what to buy then.

thanks in advance

torm.

Edited by +LKD+tOrMentIuM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, am gifting me self a computer for christmas

I have a budget of $1.249 dollars to $1.300 dollars

anythign under that no sirve, and anything over that no sirve :D

why that price? cuz i am thinking in something like this from alienware.dell.com

Alienware Aurora Alienware Aurora Desktop

Operating Systems Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

2nd Processor Intel® Core™ i7 920 2.66GHz (8MB Cache) Quad Core Processor

Memory 3GB Triple Channel 1067Mhz DDR3

Keyboard Alienware Multi-Media Keyboard

Monitors No Monitor

Video Cards Single 1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX

Hard Drive 500GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD

Chassis Color Cosmic Black, Alienware Aurora Chassis

Mouse Alienware Optical Mouse, MG100

AlienFX AlienFX Color Astral Aqua

Optical Drive Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Hardware Support Services 1 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis - Important Information

Cooling Option Alienwareâ„¢ High-Performance Liquid Cooling

for : 1249 dollars.

i havent boy it yet cuz i heard u can buy parts from separate and build something similar or better with same or less money.,

now i been arround ebay and stuff but i dotn see how that possible , so if any1 has some suggestions and links, something like

link me to a motherboard , that processor , graphic card , and ram,

post it here and i will see what to buy then.

thanks in advance

torm.

well nice lol ur so funny ur budget from 1250 to 1300 lol wut 50 dollar dif lol so yea .

1th ur ddr3 1066 is gay for an i7 u want at least a native 1600 or pc12800 and if ur goin to oc pc1500, still u need a good mobo i just got a x58 evga sli mb for 229 at compusa , the better of motherb with ram u get the better performance u'll get out of ur i7 beauty , oh 1000 watt power supply

1000 watt is so overkill

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-radeon-power,2122-6.html

this article is a bit dated but it gives a better idea the amount of wattage actually needed for some video cards you could probably get away with running a 260 on a 400 watter the card wouldnt even go over 200 watts on load

1000 watt is so overkill

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-radeon-power,2122-6.html

this article is a bit dated but it gives a better idea the amount of wattage actually needed for some video cards you could probably get away with running a 260 on a 400 watter the card wouldnt even go over 200 watts on load

lol i was thinking 3way sli lol , still trom dont buy alienware build it ur self dude , cheaper and u get top of the line parts

Build it yourself sir, it gives you much more gratification and you learn so much.

Core I5 processor.

Get an Asus or Gigabyte board

About 4gb of ram at least something with a CAS latency of at least 8 if not 7 for DDR3.

And get a 5850 or 5870 Ati GPU.

The rest is just fillers like HDD and Size of PSU(something at least 600watts and 80+ effient)

The thing is an I5 works fine for gaming and gives you more money to put towards a graphics card. The I7 wont really help because guess what, Hyper Threading doesnt work for games...Most games can barely use the 4 cores that exist already. Hardware is moving so far beyond games its not even funny this except for GPU and crisis. 5850 or 5870 >>>>>>>>> all over gtx 260 and i have a 260, graphics card is the bigger factor in gaming.

Because my Pc has hyper threading, I can run big adv folding and get paid by evga in evga dollars. It's $100 a year limit but I'll be able to get a 300 series chip for $200 off. I just set he folding client to use 6cores and it will still play cod4 and Et flawless.

Evga makes some of the best boards. I would not getanhing else until another company could make a better board. Their lifetime warranties and forums and customer advice is top notch.

ETbot does not come preloaded on evga products so consider that cheater.

Because my Pc has hyper threading, I can run big adv folding and get paid by evga in evga dollars. It's $100 a year limit but I'll be able to get a 300 series chip for $200 off. I just set he folding client to use 6cores and it will still play cod4 and Et flawless.

Evga makes some of the best boards. I would not getanhing else until another company could make a better board. Their lifetime warranties and forums and customer advice is top notch.

Glad you have great luck with that, everytime i sell an evga board to a customer of mine it fails.

etbot doesnt run in ubuntu,

consider that brainf*** nub

also i been searching to build it my self...

and getting a motherboard+power supply+ graphic card+sound card+case+ram+i7 porcessor+cooling system

doesnt seem to go lower than 1200 dollars, so i dont get how ppl say its overpriced when i dont find anything cheaper

link me if u guys find anything.. similar for arroudn same price

also i been searching to build it my self...

and getting a motherboard+power supply+ graphic card+sound card+case+ram+i7 porcessor+cooling system

doesnt seem to go lower than 1200 dollars, so i dont get how ppl say its overpriced when i dont find anything cheaper

link me if u guys find anything.. similar for arroudn same price

it may not be cheaper, but the parts are a lot better quality for the ones you get yourself. Guess what you buy a dell part and it fails you have to have them replace it. It must be a dell motherboard(alienware board) they usually use a terrible motherboard. Again its also some gratification out of doing it yourself.

it may not be cheaper, but the parts are a lot better quality for the ones you get yourself. Guess what you buy a dell part and it fails you have to have them replace it. It must be a dell motherboard(alienware board) they usually use a terrible motherboard. Again its also some gratification out of doing it yourself.

EVGA does have a couple of screaming mobo's for that CPU you want.