tOrMeNtIuM: new computer, suggestions!

Pro*tOrMeNtIuM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh yeah thats the board i have its pretty damn nice, all in black

cept if you wanna run sli or crossfire you might wanna look at a diff board, cuz the pcie slots work out to be like 16x,8x,4x,8x

I think i have decided for the Evga x58 SLI LE

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=141-BL-E757-TR&family=Motherboard Family

i ve read quite a lot reviews about this one, the 3x Sli and the 3x Sli Classified(the one tulsa has)

among the main differences i found was:

1st: the LE version has less connectors than the 3xsli , no firewire , no e-sata , some less usb ports, and it has the usb ports in a different location.

2nd: the LE version, when running on sli, the 2nd card will run on 8x , the first one on 16x, while in the 3xsli and classified will run both at 16x and 16x.

3rd: LE has 6 sata connectors while 3xli has 9, also 3xli has 2 lan ports , le has 1.

basically the huge difference i think is relevant is the sli problem on the LE version, compared to the 3xsli,

correct me if i am wrong,

btu i decided to pick the LE version, because of my needs, i mean

i am probably not going to do a sli with 2 graphic cards, i was thinking on 1 graphic card!,

so the big difference comes "irrelevant" in my case,

also i figured out i am probably never gonna use firewire port , either e-sata.,

so i think the 3xsli is a great mobo , even more the classified one,

but i mean for what i am really gonna do, is there any other difference i missed?

i mean i rather save those $200 difference (between classified and LE), to buy a better vid card ,

i would like tulsageoff , hellreturn :P, and chuks4bucks to comment on this , if u got time ofc!

and thanks a lot in advance for those who gave out a lot of help.!

Edited by +LKD+tOrMentIuM

The LE board and the Classified board are both 1366 socketed. Which means you have to get an 920, 950, 975 i7.

The 1156 socketed boards are the p55's. You can get the i7 860 or the i5's. I dont think there is anything wrong with the p55's, but I have not looked into them much. They are cheaper than the 1366 boards though.