tOrMeNtIuM: new computer, suggestions!

Pro*tOrMeNtIuM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to overclock it... The Megahalem heatsink with 2 120x35mm fans is what you want.

Super easy to get 4ghz. Stock speed is 2.66ghz which isn't that fast at all. You definitely want to overclock...

It is really easy, but you need an aftermarket heatsink. EVGA boards are great for OCing, Asus is good too.

sure overclocking shortens the lifespan of a cpu so it may cut it down from 10 or 15 years to 5

but many people who overclock arent gonna hold onto a processor for that long anyway

and geoffs suggestion of a megahalem with 2 high cfm fans should work out just fine, cuz good water setups arent cheap

sure overclocking shortens the lifespan of a cpu so it may cut it down from 10 or 15 years to 5

but many people who overclock arent gonna hold onto a processor for that long anyway

and geoffs suggestion of a megahalem with 2 high cfm fans should work out just fine, cuz good water setups arent cheap

how has a 5 year old comp now in days, u could get a 5yearold comp of goodwill prices

the is some super cheap watercooling systems out ther lik the h50 from corsair is a closed loop so u dont have to worry about leaks

Corsair ram has a lifetime warranty (except their power supplies), evga products do as well (Vid cards and mobos).

I believe xfx has lifetime transferable warranties as well and they have both nvidia and ati cards. A 5850 or 5870 are what I would recommend right now.

On OCing and cpu life, my older x2 4400 AMD was fed 1,65volts. Reommended voltage is 1.35. The processor still runs great as well as every component in the PC. I got that setup about 5years ago.

If you keep the CPU temperature cool, less than 80C on a i7, it should last awhile. My i7 gets 1,35volts which is still within intel's warranty specs so one would assume it would last long. On air cooling you may or may not be able to run 1.35 volts and keep the temperature down. You could run the PC at stock, but there is really no reason to. It is super easy to get an overclock of 3.5 knowing next to nothing. Just read for a couple days at evga.com's forums.

torm.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9121/torm.jpg If it cuts off the image.

That is probably what I would buy with your amount of funds.

Actually I would buy the FTW edition of that motherboard, but that is a pretty damn good setup.

Like I said, I will have a i7 860 available for sale for around $240 later this month hopefully. (Bought it 2 nights ago

The heatsink and fans will cool that beast and the case has great airflow. Pretty much every part is top of the line when it comes to manufacturers.

xfx over sapphire for the 5850/5870 , def take the double lifetime over the sapphire 2 year with shit customer service

just got my xfx 5850 black edition and its just too nice

xfx over sapphire for the 5850/5870 , def take the double lifetime over the sapphire 2 year with shit customer service

just got my xfx 5850 black edition and its just too nice

Definitely... The card was $50 more for xfx. He gave a certain price range... The PC was already over his stated prices.

XFX for ati cards is win. Same for their nvidia cards. Its all relative of the price. I would always buy corsair as well.

Sapphire was the cheapest most popular card so it was chosen.

I would never buy anything other than evga or xfx for vid cards. Their warranties (and evgas customer service) are way too good to pass.

hi, am ready to buy mobo,

from this 3 which1 is best , which1 u recommend , and why?

i wanna be sure either to buy Intel or evga ., i been reading all reviews and stuff there and videos lol, but i still un-sure

look these 2, are almost same but one is intel one is evga,

if some1 could explain me the difference, ty

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5083734&CatId=4720

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4914879&CatId=13